Author Topic: The Gingerbread House by Darkwolf  (Read 16255 times)

Offline mari0

• Loosely Tied
Re: The Gingerbread House by Darkwolf
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2022, 07:55:25 pm »
100% agree, I had almost forgotten just how much I love these characters . But just a few sentences in and I am 100% vested again

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2022, 10:43:00 pm »
Part 2 of The Sorcerer's Apprentice up tonight, enjoy!

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2022, 09:48:33 pm »
A return home for Brianna in part 3 of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, up tonight.

Offline mari0

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2022, 08:28:25 am »
What continues to amaze me about this series, about this writer, is how much depth and feeling can be put in even a simple bondage scene. From a distance the core sex scene is “protagonist is tied up while wearing latex and has her two mistresses play with her”. Yet the scene never feels simple or mundane, it feels real. The author takes the time to describe the, thoughts, feelings and sensations. He manages to paint this complete and vivid picture that simultaneously never out stays its welcome.

That’s a lot of focus and high praise specifically for a sex scene that is only a quarter of this story. I did that specifically because in previous chapter feedback I often praised the non-sex part of the stories. It struck me just how good the sex writing was when I reflected on the juxtaposition between scene “novelty” and how much I felt it. That all said, I firmly believe that if this series is a fantastic coming of age story all on its own. The protagonists thoughts, doubts and emotional needs and wants feel extremely relatable even if early adulthood is a few years back.

Thank you for continuing your work on what had to be my favorite series so far

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2022, 04:41:27 pm »
Added A Night To Remember as part of the Halloween special!

Offline retr0

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2022, 08:51:07 pm »
Hopefully Darkwolf themselves sees this - I think they've responded in the thread a few times.

I'm a trans woman myself, and I want to give the biggest, most heartfelt thank you I possibly can for writing a story featuring a transgender woman whose identity is a simple matter of fact - not the object of a fetish and not part of a crossdressing or humiliation or transformation kink. I finished Chains of Ink, Turnabout, and Night To Remember feeling valuable and empowered and beautiful. I can't tell you how just refreshing and liberating it is to find a story like that - let alone such a beautifully written one. Like others have commented, the depth and detail put into the scenes is scarcely rivaled elsewhere.

I've been reading Gromet's Plaza for over a decade, for as long as I've been a sexual person, and I finally made a forum account today just to tell you thank you. That's how much this means to me. Please, give us more of Morgan!

Offline Darkwolf

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2022, 11:53:37 pm »
Hopefully Darkwolf themselves sees this - I think they've responded in the thread a few times.

I'm a trans woman myself, and I want to give the biggest, most heartfelt thank you I possibly can for writing a story featuring a transgender woman whose identity is a simple matter of fact - not the object of a fetish and not part of a crossdressing or humiliation or transformation kink. I finished Chains of Ink, Turnabout, and Night To Remember feeling valuable and empowered and beautiful. I can't tell you how just refreshing and liberating it is to find a story like that - let alone such a beautifully written one. Like others have commented, the depth and detail put into the scenes is scarcely rivaled elsewhere.

I've been reading Gromet's Plaza for over a decade, for as long as I've been a sexual person, and I finally made a forum account today just to tell you thank you. That's how much this means to me. Please, give us more of Morgan!

You are correct, I do check this thread now and again to see if anyone has replied.

First and foremost, thank you very much for taking the time to reply, and I am especially appreciate that you decided to start an account just to message me.  I always appreciate hearing from my readers and I'm glad that you have enjoyed my stories so far.  Your praise is quite humbling, and I can only say that you are very welcome.  I'm glad that you found something in my written that spoke to your own experiences, and I very much agree that transgender characters are often simply used in stories as part of a larger kink rather than, as you said, making it a simple fact of their character.  I guess, for me, I always try to make my characters be characters first and foremost, the various facts of their personalities, lives and identities inform who they are rather than serve as mere props for the plot.  I can't say I always succeed, but I do try and I'm glad that it worked for you.

I can't say I have any additional stories planned for Morgan and her girlfriends planned at the moment, but I have a feeling that they're return at some point so don't you worry.

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2022, 02:21:33 pm »
...and I very much agree that transgender characters are often simply used in stories as part of a larger kink rather than, as you said, making it a simple fact of their character.  I guess, for me, I always try to make my characters be characters first and foremost, the various facts of their personalities, lives and identities inform who they are rather than serve as mere props for the plot.  I can't say I always succeed, but I do try and I'm glad that it worked for you....

100% agree with all of this :-)

Offline llaallaa

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2022, 08:04:06 am »
Im so in love with the stories. Hopefully it never ends tho.just wondering where can i see  other darkwolf work. Thank you for posting the story. Really like it. Never get bored with it. Hope there more to come. 💕

Offline Darkwolf

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2022, 05:46:52 pm »
Im so in love with the stories. Hopefully it never ends tho.just wondering where can i see  other darkwolf work. Thank you for posting the story. Really like it. Never get bored with it. Hope there more to come. 💕

Thank you very much!

As of right now what is present on this site represents the sum total of my available work, what few other stories that existed (my first ever stories from about 10 years ago) were lost when the old host went offline.  I do have old drafts of my original works, but there will need a lot of polish before they're ready to be posted again though that is something I hope to have ready eventually.

There will be more to come of this story eventually though, don't worry. 

Offline mari0

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2022, 10:54:04 pm »
This chapter reminded me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in all the best possible ways. That series was never about the demons or the fantasy. It was a lens through which being a teen/young adult was observed allowing for fresh perspectives while never becoming preachy. Buffy was at it’s best when it used it’s world to cunningly craft a scenario that would work perfectly in the real world. The predicament at the end of this story would have been absolutely perfect there. The mash of emotions and mental states, that strong drive to come to an outcome without the need to drive it to an extreme. It’s excellent story design, sublime pacing empowered by inspired creativity.

Thnx.

(P.s. though both dabble in magic and vampires I actually think that world building wise the Gingerbread house and BUffy are completely different beasts, it’s the subtext and the character development where I see the parallels )

Offline NotStrooge

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2022, 09:19:00 pm »
I just finished reading the gingerbread house, it's one of those stories that I remember reading the first chapter of on utopiastories and then promptly forgetting about until I came across it again recently.

To mirror what was said earlier I too decided to create an account here just so that I could express my appreciation for what is without a doubt one of the best authors in the entire genre. And if this debilitating "book hangover" I've felt since before even starting on the epilogue, despite knowing that there's more to read after this, isn't an indication for how deeply you have impacted me, I don't know what is.

I am in awe of your writing skills. And now I know exactly what to use as a reference if I ever find the time to brush up on my own writing.

Thank you Darkwolf!

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2022, 08:46:26 pm »
Sorcerer's Apprentice 5 up tonight!

Offline Observer

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2023, 10:22:00 pm »
I'm a few chapters behind, but I have to comment on how well written this is.  Well done!

Offline mari0

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2023, 12:54:07 am »
The 5th chapter is once again “lovely”

It feels personal and intimate.The larger premise might be supernatural but to me this chapter in particular felt intimate and so realistic. Almost felt like voyeur peeping into another couple (triple?) intimate moments

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk