Author Topic: new stories  (Read 11015 times)

Offline JAR

new stories
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:41:40 am »
Help  I am suffering withdraw.  The last update to stories I have is the 3 Dec Is this just me????????????

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
Re: new stories
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 10:21:26 am »
I hope everything is OK myself down under, I and some others have some stories in and waiting for publication. It is a busy time of year for all of us however, and I can only imagine that running a site like this one might make one wish for some time off now and again, so in the short term we will have to be patient, perhaps this being a good time to read some of the oldies from the archives.

Happy new year, Jackie.

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »
Happy New Year everyone,

Perusing the archives of older stories is always time well spent, but there have been new stories posted to the forum since the last official update by Steve Spandex, ElectroPainLover and myself in the Bound, Trash and Machine sections. So if you’re in the market for something new check them out.

64Fordman

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 06:16:26 pm »
Hi JAR, welcome to the Forum!

What Jackie said is about right. Gromet is a one-man operation and he has a busy life outside the Plaza. I also understand he's working on some sort of mammoth upgrade which no doubt takes a lot of time and effort. These mini-droughts happen now and then and are a good time to dip into the archives.

That said, I must admit I'm jonesing for some new tales too.

Max

salonnewbie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »
Yupper! Been checking the site everyday. NADA! NYET! NUTTIN! i am in withdrawel too.  :-[

Offline loras pa6

• Bound & Gagged
    • My Stories
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 09:59:32 pm »
May I recommend, doing some archive diving into your favorite genres. We have plenty of stories that you probably haven't read yet.  ;)

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 11:40:41 pm »
Your recommendation is spot on Loras Pa. Now that all the stories are back on the Forum, browsing for stories in any particular genre can be done directly from the Forum. Searching by title, author, and story-codes can pull up stories folks haven't found before or overlooked on the Story Pages. In the future, it will even be easier...but that is something to come when Gromet has time to finish it.

Folks, please, use the search function to find your favorite authors and/or story codes with the search function under the genre of your interest. There are roughly 8,000 stories on the site, and, in all honesty, I believe Gromet to be the only person to read them all over the last 11 or so years.

Dana

Offline nyenor

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 05:47:52 am »
Maybe you do not realise but here 'down under' Dec/Jan is the main school holiday period (from Dec 10 - Jan 23 in this state) with many people on family holidays during this period so this could be one of the reasons no updates have been posted recently.

Offline fieldcoach

New stories
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 04:37:52 pm »
No new stories since 3 December.  When are new ones going to be posted?  Thanks

Offline superdude103194

Re: New stories
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 11:20:56 pm »
Welcome to the forums!
You may have noticed the topic with the same exact title as yours. The long and short of it is that Gromet is a busy man with a day job and he doesn't always have time to add new stories to the site (which he has to do manually).

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 06:49:48 am »
Hey All.

I spoke to Gromet today by email and he is doing fine. He has taken a bit of an extend Holiday this year. He has been running the Plaza and Forum for 20 years, by himself, and only within the last few months promoted Lobo de la Sombra and MsBehavin to Administrators and 64Fordman and myself to Moderators to help allow him a little time to spend with his family. I know it is frustrating when updates are not done regularly, but it is also frustrating to Gromet to have to schedule his Holiday's and vacations around the Plaza. Twenty years is a long time without a somewhat substantial break. Besides the fact that last years Holidays were a real mess for him with the crash of the Forum.

Let's all be patient, read through some of the stories you may have missed in your favorite genres, and, take up some conversations of the Forum until Gromet tears himself away from his family and begins to do updates again. Think about it. Wearing a ball and chain three to four days per week for 20 years can really start to bite at ones ankle. We need to support him for what he has done, not bitch about him taking a short break from it. You may not see it as a short break...but think about only having a couple of months of time off in twenty years from your job. A job his only pay from is your gratification and entertainment. Let's show him a little patients and understanding while he enjoys himself a little.

In the meanwhile, think of some polls to post or conversations to start or engage in. As members, anyone can start a poll or conversation and reply to those that others start. I have started several polls that seemed to get some fairly mediocre attention. Granted, they may not be straight down your area of interest, but there is nothing wrong with starting one that is. Or conversation for that matter. The Plaza is where you read the stories...the Forum is where you interact with others about them.

Thanks,
Dana

Offline Trayok

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 12:39:59 am »
Hello,

Very rarely post here but have spent many years reading stories here.  Just wanted to say Thank You to Gromet and all new moderators for helping with a great site.  Also Thank You to all authors!

I thoroughly enjoy this site and all the stories that have come here over the many years.  Please keep up the good and a lot of times thankless work.

Trayok

Offline superdude103194

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 05:15:40 am »
This entire website is a fantastic resource, and I've discovered the vast majority of my favorite authors and stories on here. I hope Gromet understands the gratitude we have for him.

Anansi

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 07:57:26 am »
Hi Dana!

Thanks for the update from Gromet!  I myself was mostly worried that he was unwell or that something had happened, given the lack of notice or news.  I totally understand the need for a break!

Cheers!

Offline JAR

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 09:20:35 am »
Many Thanks for the update.  I am Glad to here the Gromet is well and having a well deserved holiday/rest.  I did not intend to appear demanding but was concerned as normally Gromet posts a note to say he is away for a period. 

I suppose that when you have something so good that you miss it all the more when its not there.

Happy New Year to every one and a big thanks to Gromet for all his hard work over the years.  Best of luck to the new team over the coming years as we all grow old with joy at the fantastic stories we will be reading into to our dotage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk