Author Topic: new stories  (Read 11016 times)

Offline wannabestuck

Re: new stories
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 03:22:52 pm »
I'm just glad to hear he is okay. Taking time off makes total sense but Gromet is usually pretty good about putting a notice on the main page. When I didn't see an update or notice all this time my mind wandered and I started getting concerned that something happened to him. I don't know Gromet personally but this site has given me so much joy ever since I discovered it in college.

Anyway glad to know all is well. In the meantime I will happily continue to re-read Smart Duct Tape 3 alternative edition while I wait for updates. :)

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »
You are very welcome for the update on Gromet Anansi & JAR.

I'm sorry for coming off a little brash in my previous post. I too had been quite worried about him as, like you said JAR, he normally will inform us of an extended holiday. However, like Gromet says in his story submission information, sometimes he forgets.

Gromet really has deserved this break from the Plaza and Forum. He has been at it a long time and has rarely had the ability to take so much time for himself and his family. Lobo de la Sombra and MsBehavin were his only Moderators since the crash of the Forum. Their abilities on managing the Forum where a bit limited for him to be able to step back and get a decent break. Once he promoted them to Administrators and 64Fordman and myself to Moderators, he finally had the ability to take a break. Believe me, it takes a lot of trust on Gromet's part to allow people the power of an Administrator on his Forum; they wield the same power as he does and can ruin it if they so deemed. He has placed a lot of trust in us to help manage what he has built over so many years, and, that level of trust is difficult to give though I know it has not been misplaced.

As for approving stories however, Gromet still maintains being the only one to approve and post them. It is strictly due to his licensing agreement with the hosting service and not wanting to have possible violations of the agreement. This is one of the reasons I hesitate to post my stories here, directly to the Forum. I feel as if I am trying to thwart his need to moderate each story by doing so.

Looking at my signature box below you should know that I am stretching myself a bit, but, I do love Gromet's Plaza and Forum as I do a family member. I feel we are a family, if not a little strange and estranged, and I will do anything I can to help our family.

Again, I am sorry if I seemed a bit harsh in my previous post. I need to remember that I have a standard to live up to as a Moderator.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Gromet and his years of hard work.

Dana

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 03:34:11 pm »
Thank you Wannabestuck. I too was worried about him. I was very pleased when he answered my email and informed me that he was fine and just taking time for himself and his family. I wish I could give everyone a date of his return, but, he didn't tell me so. I was just relieved that nothing terrible had happened to him or his family over the holidays. Enjoy the reread of Smart Duct Tape.

Dana

Offline superdude103194

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 05:17:08 pm »
He's back!!

And now...to wait for him to get to my story, and others. I'm sure there's a hell of a backlog to get through...godspeed, Gromet. And don't wear yourself out.

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 04:55:39 pm »
He's back!!

Yes...Gromet is back! And with a vengeance so it may seem. I am sure he has only scratched the surface of stories he has received over his holiday, so please be patient as he gets through the pile of stories. Remember, he reads every word of each one, then, has to prep it for publishing. If you are waiting for your story to appear, please give him time to read through them. Gromet will eventually get to it. In the meanwhile, enjoy all the new stories he as posted...there are quite a few!

Thank you all for your patients.

Dana

Offline Gromet

• Retired...
  • Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 04:29:17 am »
Thanks everyone, it's good to be back.

Yes I do read every story that get's posted to the site, so that takes some time to do, especially the serials. What you can do as an author to speed things up and generally help me in posting your stories is:

Spell check your stories: I know that some words will slip through but I no longer edit the stories for spelling, it takes too much time for me to re-write your story for you.

Sentences: You need to break down your story into manageable sentences, having an incredibly long sentence or in some cases just the whole story as one sentence makes it much harder and takes time to edit.

Storycodes: The future version of the site will have the ability to search via storycodes, it'll enable you to find what you're looking for easier. So if authors could take the time to include the storycodes it helps me, you know the story better than I do, so choose from the storycode page on the site. http://www.grometsplaza.net/pages/storycodes.html
The storycodes are very similar to the ones posted on Alt.Sex.Stories.Moderated and you can use them if you want to post on other sites too.

Which area do you want the story posted? If you can include this in your email that you want the story in ie: selfbondage; mummification or bondage, many times I've gone through the story getting ready to post then find it doesn't fit the area I'm updating that day.

Writer's Guide: Check out what the site allow and doesn't allow to be posted, no point sending me an underage story, it's not going to get posted. http://www.grometsplaza.net/pages/writers.html

Hope that this helps :)

davyboy25

new stories
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 11:07:22 pm »
Hi Gromet. are you still accepting new stories as I have had no response to my latest story submitted dec 2016.
                  Regards, Dave Martin

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 12:21:24 am »
Hello Dave,

Yes, Gromet is still accepting stories. He took an extended holiday this year and is just getting back into the swing of things. He has a massive stack of email and numerous stories to get through. Be patient and he will get to yours. Thanks for contributing to Gromet's Plaza as a writer.

Dana

davyboy25

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 11:02:20 pm »
Hi Dana,
Many thanks for your reply,
I am pleased that Gromet is now back, after his well deserved break
I am sure it will be worth waiting for the many good stories that Gromet will be releasing shortly
Best Regards. Dave Martin

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 11:14:11 pm »
You are very welcome Dave. We are glad to have Gromet back in our midst. However, he deserved the break he took. A lot of work behind the scenes.

Talk to ya soon,
Dana

bindme

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 11:47:04 pm »
The site's sponsors must be very patient and the desire to attract more must be low.

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 12:16:33 am »
The site's sponsors must be very patient and the desire to attract more must be low.

Actually, Gromet's Plaza and Forum has been around for 20 years and has been run by the same person, with great dedication, for the entire time. He has always maintained it as a single owner, without a staff. Only recently has Gromet brought on staffing which could allow himself such a break.

Now, if 5 updates resulting in 34 new stories being posted in the last week isn't enough...I really do not understand what you are wanting. I could understand if you had wrote this reply a week ago, while Gromet was still out on holiday, but now?! I don't quite get it.

As for the site's sponsorship...that is something for Gromet to worry about, not its members. Twenty years...I really do not believe he has much to worry about in the area of 'how to run a successful website'.

However, if you have any suggestions on how to make it better...there is a place for that. Hmmm...maybe in the Suggestions section under General Category.

In my experience, a person who criticizes without offering a solution is not of any help. A person who critiques and offers advice, is.

Thank you for your kind remarks,
Dana

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk