Author Topic: A Threesome to Die for.. by Tammy Murfin  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Gromet

• Retired...
  • Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
A Threesome to Die for.. by Tammy Murfin
« on: July 21, 2016, 10:56:00 am »
You can view the story here on the plaza:

http://www.trashcanstories.net/storiessz/threesometodiefor.html
Solo-F; M/f; sex; bagged; trash; wheeliebin; caught; F/fm; bond; rope; toy; insert; kerbside; collection; truck; compaction; landfill; buried; cons/nc; XX

Please feel free to leave your kind comments & feedback here about this story.

Thanks   ;)

Offline superdude103194

Re: A Threesome to Die for.. by Tammy Murfin
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:21:05 pm »
I'm not sure if Tammy Murfin reads these forums, but her book could use a little more proofreading.
Unless the mystique of "Lady ______" is truly so great that she doesn't even have a last name.

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:47:43 pm »
Misspellings, grammatical errors and omissions are annoying, especially when you are paying for it. By the time a story is finished, the writer has read it so many times they become blind to these errors. Even a well-known author’s work goes through many rounds of editing and proofreading by others before it is ready for public consumption. This work is provided by the publisher. For self-published authors hiring this work can be costly and economically unviable when the price point is $1.99.

For Plaza authors, many of whom don’t have a friend or family member that can act as proofreader or may be using devices without traditional keyboards and word processing programs, a wide latitude should be given for these types of errors.

Having said that, I found this story to be Tammy’s usual excellent work.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:09:15 pm by 64Fordman »

Daffy Duck

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:22 am »
In defence of Tammy, I would say that authors are even more annoyed than the readership when they spot typos and mistakes.

And it is not for the lack of proof-reading and spell checking and grammar checking either.

Sometimes I used to re-read several times. Do several computer checks. But the little buggers still crept through, only to be found after publishing.

Annoying is not a strong enough word, they are the pain of most authors' lives.

If superdude103194 wishes to publish they own stuff for others to criticize, then fine. But most with negative comments don't.

Daffy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:07:17 pm by Daffy Duck »

Offline superdude103194

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:13:33 am »
I hope you two don't think I'm here to tear down the story. I did buy it, after all.
If people are afraid to point out mistakes then nobody can improve.
I do not know how Smashwords works, but I'd hope that they give writers the option to upload a "second edition" if necessary.

You must admit, forgetting to name a character is worth a chuckle at least.
For all 0 potential authors reading this: Reading your story backwards is a good way to remove meaning from it and let you see typos and grammatical errors.

e: And "I'd like to see you do better" is not a retort. My stuff doesn't fit on this website anyway.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:15:06 am by superdude103194 »

Daffy Duck

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:09 am »
Hi Superdude103194,

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

And, yes, this Forum does permit constructive criticism, for we can all learn to improve.

But I do think your actions are unusual. You have used this forum to 'complain' to an author, about something that is not even published here. Tammy's books are not on Gromet's Plaza. So technically your comments have no place here.

As Trashcan Moderator, I try to encourage people to be nice to others.

To use this Forum to vent your negative views to someone, about something not related to this site, is NOT the purpose of these feedback pages, for the feedback does not relate to something on this site.

I will be honest with you, my first reaction was to delete your comments !

Daffy

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:28:58 am by Daffy Duck »

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »
Also Superdude, there is a topic under the general category section titled ‘Book Reviews’ where your comments would have been completely appropriate.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:11:49 pm by 64Fordman »

Daffy Duck

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »
......or you can email Tammy using "My messages" on the Forum Page (once logged in).

Daffy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk