Author Topic: Phishing emails  (Read 1174 times)

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
Phishing emails
« on: January 28, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »
Hello all, I've just had a note suggesting that one of the Plaza email servers might have been compromised and used to send a phishing email. Given the way things are set up, I think that's unlikely, more likely a phishing attacker has simply randomly chosen one of our domains to use when spoofing a return address. That said, it's possible Servage itself has had an issue, so I'd like to be careful.

If anyone else has received any sort of email that looks like it's from a Plaza domain, please let me know directly. Authors will have response emails from me at [email protected], and if you've received a forum message, it'll be from "Plaza Forum <[email protected]> Using SMF" via binero.net. Anything other than that is suspicious, and obviously don't click on any links in the mail or act on its contents if you're in any way not sure, but please do get in touch with me, either here in the forum or directly by email, so I can follow up.

Offline PapaPalpatine

Re: Phishing emails
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 10:44:17 pm »
So far, nothing out of the ordinary in my e-mail. Nevertheless, I'll let you know if they dare send anything to me.

The thought of someone using one of our domains for phishing is rather shocking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk