Author Topic: I need help with character development  (Read 660 times)

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
I need help with character development
« on: August 25, 2024, 01:28:44 pm »
I've been working on a project where one of the male characters is playfully interested in dressing up, voluntarily, and has dressed up for his wife many times to do chores around the house. Story-wise this is an inside the home husband and wife thing only, so never outside the home and in public, more of the cliche French maid kind of thing. So anyway, the male character has proposed a double date with an as of yet unnamed and unmet man during their pillow-talk, (so perhaps a character set piece man) to double date with his wife and her current boyfriend, so a working cuckold arrangement of some years. The working title is "Double Date" by the way.

Anyway, this a bit out of my proverbial lane, and I way don't want to write something insulting or horribly cliche about this particular community; so my question is do tg "men" date and fall for straight men, bi-curious men, or gay men only, and if so is this double date thing at least plausible with these characters? So would this be, "you owe me a BJ for buying you dinner," "just sex" physical copulation, or a more romantic and loving kind of thing? I know what it's like to be interested in the opposite sex, the glances and touches, even the pheromones, but I kind of assume the pheromone thing specifically doesn't happen between two guys; again this is only an assumption on my part though. I'm assuming the tg character will be submissive, but is that another cliche?

I'm okay story-wise if it's just sex, it kind of works with the characters anyway, but that also feels a bit shallow and something younger and less mature characters might engage in, as these characters are well established in life, perhaps even a bit bored with that life and looking for adventure. The overall premise is the tg man is driving this, perhaps as a bucket list thing, or even a personal dare to himself, and the wife is perhaps reluctantly allowing it, maybe.

Now if the "date" actually happens and leads to my character going home with his date, to do whatever it is they decide to do together, (simply making out together, or even all the way while staying the night) does the wife character, (me) see this husband of her's a bit differently? That would be the second chapter, if of course I get the first properly written.

So to recap, I'm after something fun and adventurous, a positive experience for the characters, except for perhaps my alter-ego character in chapter two.

Thank you for any suggestions, including maybe dropping this story concept as unworkable, Jackie.

Offline Rubberh

Re: I need help with character development
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 07:36:48 pm »
Well, you have a bit of a complicated situation. A character who dresses up as his wife's French Maid, including a cuckold scenerio. That would suggest the husband is submissive, yet he is proposing the double date, indicating he wants more active participation rather than being 'forced' into it. Perhaps change this to have the husband kept in chastity for a long time and this double date be something as a condition of being released temporarily. During the date he struggles to keep from allowing himself long denied pleasure.

As for a tg male to be attracted to straight, bi or gay men...Why not? Especially if the man has all the attributes the TG male desires. Whether your character will want to act on this attraction well, I will assume that the struggle is not too great. Especially when he has been in a submissive and denied condition for some time.

Offline jakbird

• Bound & Gagged
  • Res Ipse Dicit - The work speaks for itself
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 04:52:38 am »
As with any primary character it's all in the psychology.  An intriguing scenario, a straight but crossdressing husband, a mysterious third-party man, call him bfX for short, also presumed straight given his proclivity towards dating the wife, and between them the wife, also presumed straight since she's only expressed interest in men, regardless of the crossdressing.  All three negotiate a meeting, but behind it the underlying question and plot of the story, why?

It raises several possibilities.  Does the husband feel threatened by bfX?  Is it the old male competition for the female at work, is the husband sizing up his theoretical replacement?  What motivates him to dress up and perhaps lose his wife?

Then there is the wife, just how well does she really accept the crossdressing?  Is bfX more the caveman type, does it stir some primal response in her?  Is her agreement to a double date a manifestation of her own secret wish for a side-by-side comparison, to resolve her internal conflicts?  Does she really believe a "cuckold" will improve her marital relationship?

And last there is bfX, why leave him out?  Is he basically a slimeball, moving in on the wife because he sees an opportunity?  Is he secretly gay, or attracted to crossdressers?  Is he using the date as an excuse to make a move on the husband?

Now I take things far too seriously, so I'd never attempt a story like this.  Maybe a few ideas can be developed into your fun and adventurous story?
  Jack Peacock
Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 07:13:30 am »
Thank you Rubberh, the cuckolded husband in this scenario is submissive to his wife, possibly by implication to the wife's boyfriend too I suppose, as he allows him to date her. Sometimes these dates are dancing dates though, so not every "date" leads to his bed, sometimes it's just a fun date with a man not her husband. This isn't the cliche cuckold arrangement where the husband gets treated like pond scum though, that particular thing isn't to my liking personally, even though I've written a story with those specific elements before.

So the husband in my scenario wants the physical experience, maybe, of being with another man in some way, so bi-curious at least, but he can't necessarily "do" that while dressed as a guy, hens the dressing up and becoming an alter ego faux female character. I'm wondering if romantic attraction for another man might be a bridge too far in this scenario, especially for a man who's only curious. Long term chastity play might alter the husband's desires though; what he might be up for with somebody else. I could possibly see the wife character (me) telling him he's to be in chastity until this thing gets worked out, so during any double date as well. The reasoning is simple, sex for her doesn't always lead to a big O, so why should he expect any more? Maybe a bit of a bitter pill to swallow, giving something wonderful to somebody, but not getting something for yourself in the process.

A small chastity device of some kind would aid in hiding the husband's guy parts, (we've played with these things in real-life, so that also works) but such also make it near impossible for him to have his own big O while potentially taking care of his date. In real life he's a generous serving man, but without a big happy finish for him there might not be any motivation for a repeat; been there and done that myself more than once. Then again, the post orgasm clarity for him might be a bit much too, as in "what the hell did I just do?"

The new man's own motivations are crucial here, is this a first for him too, or a "this will do to get myself off with" or even a "I'm looking for a soulmate" thing? Is he on the rebound from a failed relationship, perhaps with a woman even, and he curious himself what the other team looks and feels like? I can't imagine that any guys like to be used for sex, straight, gay, whatever, I'd assume that's kind of universal. Then again, maybe he's a bit new to this as well, and both "guys" are then forced to learn as they go. I suppose that could make this a bit more playful and fun, but maybe something too far from my own experiences to actually write about. I just don't want to get too deep into specific guy on guy sexual practices either, as my ignorance on such will become quite obvious.

It's so much to sort out that maybe it's something to drop at this time even, but I sincerely appreciate you words here, thank you again, Jackie.

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2024, 07:49:06 am »
Thank you Jack. I intend bfX to be number four to the proverbial party, the wife character (me) already has a steady boyfriend to sometimes cuckold the husband with. The wife's boyfriend character doesn't seem interested in anything with another man, although I didn't make that clear in my description either. The husband dresses up to submit, sometimes goes into chastity for the same reasons, to give his wife the ultimate power over him. I'm struggling for motivations here, but perhaps the husband is curious as to what he's missing out on, and another woman for him to date just isn't going to happen; wife won't let it and the husband doesn't want it either.

Taking something you wrote into account though, what if I twisted the story up a bit, what if the wife's boyfriend knew about the French maid persona, somehow, and it's he that suggested the tg double date with a good friend of his that's recently single? The husband character might be reluctant to go outside the house dressed up like this, but what if the boyfriend manipulated things so that he couldn't easily say no? What if the boyfriend's true motivations were to get closer to the wife in a more permanent way, realizing that he must first remove the husband, the proverbial competition, before he can take the next step himself? Not quite where I maybe wanted to take this initially, but maybe a bit more workable, motivation-wise.

So maybe the boyfriend has some kind of self-assessing event; a younger brother getting married, or having a child, or maybe even some milestone birthday is approaching. Maybe he's not wanting somebody else's "on loan" wife any longer to take out on the town, but one of his own, and maybe he calculates that this is a good way to permanently be rid of the competition? Not just in the form of a girlfriend for the cuckolded husband to "cheat" on his adulterous wife with with, but something that makes him truly undesirable to her going forward? Again not the direction I wanted to take this, certainly not fun and playful, but maybe a bit of intrigue all the same.

Thank you again, and I'm curious if you think this alternate storyline has any merit, Jackie.

Offline Rubberh

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2024, 01:48:12 pm »
I wouldn't let this go right away.

Perhaps the husband sees what his wife also sees in her lover and wants to have the same feeling she has when they are together. He's attracted to the lover but knows that his wife would never allow it. Thus, suggesting the double dates. He can at least be with the lover. Not the best option, but better than sitting at home frustrated and kept in chastity.

The 4th person may be bi-curious, but is more interested in this being platonic, as he may be still hurt from the ending of a previous relationship. Thus, there is no immediate sexual activity, and the husband is now free of the chastity device so he can find relieve while imagining about the new man in his life.

Offline jakbird

• Bound & Gagged
  • Res Ipse Dicit - The work speaks for itself
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2024, 01:35:18 am »
Conflict and resolution is the essence of any good story.  I like the idea of "ain't strong enough to hold onto her, ain't good enough to deserve her" with bfx attempting to resolve his own inner turmoil by pushing aside the husband and moving in on a situation where he'd like to be.  Yes, I think the idea has unique possibilities since, with the plaza audience, you can mix in elements not normally present in the usual love triangle plot.
  Jack Peacock
Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2024, 09:28:04 am »
First off, thank you to the both of you, it's this interaction that makes the plaza a place that's friendly to visit. I think it could be fun if the number four man to this party turned out to be a really decent man; so much so that the cuckolded and dressed husband and he hits it off. Instead of being a set piece "I'm only here to get laid" kind of man, what if he has some depth to his character, what if he isn't up for anything physical at first? "It was a rough break-up; I'm done with women" could be his initial outlook, so much for both "men" to discover and learn about each other this way.

It could also be fun if the tg husband was actually looking for one-night-stand sex more so that the "man" in this scenario. Maybe add in some chastity, as in the wife won't let him out until he at least does "something" physical for his date first, even if it takes a whole bunch of dates to cross that proverbial line? Who gets to keep the key, or keys? The wife's boyfriend is the cliche answer, or even the wife herself, but what if it was number four to this party, he literally and secretly in possession of the very thing the cuckolded husband is after, the proverbial key to his overdue orgasms, if not his happiness.

Would the wife character want to admit to anybody in her circle of friends that she lost her husband to another man though? Is it she that eventually stops this thing from reaching it's natural conclusion to save some face herself? That might be a bit of a hypocritical irony, story wise, so again some tension to make the story fun. What if the tg husband and his wife compare notes on their dates, (like girlfriends comparing notes on the men in their lives) and she comes to the conclusion that she's interested in this new man herself, more so than her present dalliance? There would be some serious irony; the wife's boyfriend self-servingly introducing number four man into this already complicated picture, only for he to be the one moved on from, pushed aside for the apparent better bi-curious man?

Maybe not where I initially thought to take this story, but it almost writes itself now, so again I thank you both, Jackie.   

Offline Rubberh

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2024, 06:01:00 pm »
Well, things appear to be complicated enough  ;D

Perhaps the husband is so passable that the 4th has no idea that 1) The husband is a man and 2) That 'she' is the wife's submissive maid. The husband accidentally addresses the wife as 'Mistress', and that cause the 4th to become curious. When told of the status of the husband (without revealing his true gender) he becomes aroused (as nothing is as erotic as a submissive French Maid.)

This would lead up to multiple dates and eventually the discovery that the submissive maid was the actually the cuckolded husband. By then the 4th would have been on the receiving end of the mai's 'talents' primarily oral ones.. Instead of being shocked and disgusted, the 4th finds his new playmate is just the thing he needs.

Eventually, the husband is released (divorced) and moves in with the 4th and becomes his French house maid and submissive.

A happy ending for the wife, the lover, the husband and the 4th.

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2024, 10:51:32 am »
So much to ponder here, maybe two possible endings. In one maybe the wife decides to let her imperfect and submissive husband go, and in the other she decides that she wants to keep him, faults and all, maybe while allowing some level of continued play and interaction between the two couples. Could one of the two be a dream, and the other the reality of her new life with whoever she has chosen?

I could also imagine the tg husband thinking he was that passable, but I could also see the boyfriend being good enough friends with his buddy (the number four man) to tell him who exactly he set him up with. Maybe everybody keeps their secrets for a bit, but the big reveal when things get a bit physical could be a fun little scene, being so accepting of another's uniqueness and all of that.

In my mind being passable at ten or twenty feet would be far different than being passable while sitting thigh to thigh in some restaurant's romantic and dark little booth. I'd think the hands would be a major giveaway, my hands and my husband's quite different, even though I do most of the outside lawn maintenance in our home myself; so not traditional girly hands for myself to be sure. Now if the story husband was a stay at home/work from home man, this would be different than a construction worker-type man, and this would also allow for some level of dress up extended practice while working from home too.

I have a pretty good idea where to take this thing now, so thank you again for your thoughts, Jackie. 

Offline Observer

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2024, 03:35:20 pm »
I've been working on a project where one of the male characters is playfully interested in dressing up, voluntarily, and has dressed up for his wife many times to do chores around the house. Story-wise this is an inside the home husband and wife thing only, so never outside the home and in public, more of the cliche French maid kind of thing. So anyway, the male character has proposed a double date with an as of yet unnamed and unmet man during their pillow-talk, (so perhaps a character set piece man) to double date with his wife and her current boyfriend, so a working cuckold arrangement of some years. The working title is "Double Date" by the way.

So a polyamorous relationship?  It may not be a cuckold one

Anyway, this a bit out of my proverbial lane, and I way don't want to write something insulting or horribly cliche about this particular community; so my question is do tg "men" date and fall for straight men, bi-curious men, or gay men only, and if so is this double date thing at least plausible with these characters? So would this be, "you owe me a BJ for buying you dinner," "just sex" physical copulation, or a more romantic and loving kind of thing? I know what it's like to be interested in the opposite sex, the glances and touches, even the pheromones, but I kind of assume the pheromone thing specifically doesn't happen between two guys; again this is only an assumption on my part though. I'm assuming the tg character will be submissive, but is that another cliche?

There are people of all orientation in this world, and the same is true of trans men.  Some trans men are only attracted to women, some only to men, some both etc etc.  (note, I am not a trans man, but I do know a few)

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2024, 09:58:42 am »
Thank you Observer. I'm thinking the husband is of a lesser status than the boyfriend in this tale, (possibly with medically non-working guy parts) still loved and all that, but not quite an equal-partner sharing of the wife character, me, in this one. Maybe it morphs into a poly thing one time only though; I have this specific "scene" in my head for all three, perhaps convincing the wife character that she needs to find something else to do with her bicurious husband long-term. Better for him, better for her even; if not a bit self-serving...

So if the boyfriend isn't up for something with the bicurious husband himself, (or maybe he even tries it once in poly fashion and decides it's not for him) it only makes sense to find somebody else who is, somebody open minded, maybe looking for a bit of "out of the box" adventure himself.

The husband character lusting on another man (no matter how he's dressed, no matter how long, or even if he's been denied and in chastity for months) is the proverbial hurdle to get over though. I have something in mind for that now, a bit of a lusty bait and switch, and you're in part the inspiration for that; so thank you again.

Have a great day, Jackie. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk