Author Topic: Magic Has a Price 2 by Jackie Rabbit  (Read 11327 times)

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
Magic Has a Price 2 by Jackie Rabbit
« on: October 30, 2021, 01:27:56 pm »
You can view the story here on the plaza:

http://grometsplaza.net/special/halloween21/magic_has_a_price2.html
F/m; mpov; dungeon; cuffs; naked; oral; witch; strip; majick; sex; tease; cons; X

Please feel free to leave your kind comments and feedback about this story here.

Thanks  ;)

Offline feline

• Hogtied
Re: Magic Has a Price 2 by Jackie Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 04:16:56 pm »
Finally got here :)

This follows on so well from part 1, and also properly introduces the magical element, and even directly addresses the title, by the end, explaining why it is a Halloween story, and a very fitting one as well.

Reading the story, I often found myself in two minds about John and his history, how it hangs over him, and wondering how well him and his ex wife had ever communicated and discussed what they actually wanted and needed out of life.  Not that this is a new issue in relationships!

The story and the writing does a very good job of showing his real worth, as well as the damage the betrayal of his wife, and the way the past still follows him.  At times I wanted to focus more on the "now", but even as I wanted that, I was very aware that to do so would be to rob the story of the context, the history and the emotional depth that it requires to really come alive and be all that it is.

You need this history for the present and the future to make sense, to be properly appreciated, and to really bloom as we want them to!

Watching Jane being so careful, playful and teasing at times, but also so deeply concerned and considerate was lovely.  She has the power and will to be every bit as forceful and demanding as is required, yet this is tempered, at times, by such consideration, concern and tenderness.  No way was she going to railroad John into anything, but if he really was the person he appeared to be, well, she was such a good fit for him.

The comment about her competing with many others for him struck me both as very tellingly correct, ironic because clearly he wasn't on the radar of any of the other women who could and would appreciate the many good things he had to offer, and a very interesting echo of the conversation that has been going on about Summer of Dares, and our submissive having a lot to offer, and people having to compete for her, even as she is the slave with no say in events *playful smirk*

The ending here is very wicked, most fitting and for all that it isn't something John ever asked for, it really DOES feel appropriate and justified!  The date of course is just the icing on the cake ;)

Offline T.H.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 07:56:13 pm »
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I just don't understand the ending at all.

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 11:20:12 am »
Thank you Feline. I thought both characters had some depth and mystery to them, they each needing the other in their own way too. Jane can get by all on her own, possibly, but John was crushed by his past mistakes, and as a result he needs to be rebuilt. At the same time John has to want this, and I only really implied that John accepted Jane's offer... but he did. I left it unclear how long Jane had been on her own too...

I could do more with these characters, but I think it's best to leave this one where it is, everyone is happy, except of course for the ex-wife and her boyfriend. I also left it a little vague as to how any of this (his wife cheating) was John's fault, but perhaps he had asked for his wife to take charge, and in her mind this meant she could do ANYTHING she wanted, even rewrite their marriage contract.

Did their bedroom pillow talk suggest something similar, and for one of the two was this more than a fantasy? Did the ex-wife hook up with her gym rat boyfriend in a moment of weakness and suddenly discover what was missing in her life? Maybe John didn't end up with the empowered wife he was needing, but instead a new head of household in the person of the gym rat boyfriend who wanted to move in, and John just wasn't up for that, not with another guy at least.

I happen to think men like John are a huge asset, but only to the right woman. A man with such qualities would also have to be careful that life didn't take advantage of him; it's one thing to be submissive, and quite another to be everyone's fool.

This story, for me, was an erotic story with some kinky fun sex, not a story about kinky fun sex. There is nothing right or wrong with either, it's just what I was shooting for in this particular case.

Thank you again for your kind words, I really like to know how you see these things, Jackie.

Offline T.H.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 02:36:57 pm »
"I happen to think men like John are a huge asset, but only to the right woman. A man with such qualities would also have to be careful that life didn't take advantage of him; it's one thing to be submissive, and quite another to be everyone's fool."

I couldn't agree more. There are in my opinion far too many stories where the authors confuse a submissive with a punching bag to be waltzed over, especialy when humiliation/degradation is involved, especialy when they create a non-con scenario.

Even when people have masochistic tendencies, that doesn't mean they get of on pure misery.
Even me as a dom, who has sadistic tendencies I want that the pain (emotionaly and phisically) I give is enjoyed. That's the difference between a dom(me) with sadistic tendencies and a psychopath.

Ok... that was me ramble-preaching to the choir for 5 minutes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk