Author Topic: Questions for Teann  (Read 1502 times)

Offline MerMistress

Questions for Teann
« on: August 17, 2021, 04:00:40 am »
I liked a story by Mikel so much that I did some edits and sent them to him last week.  I haven't heard back.  Is he answering e-mails to his aol address?  Can you ping him and ask him to respond?

Also, I've written a first sequel to his story.  The board FAQ say I can post it if I credit him with the prior story and characters, but is that right?  Because he copyrighted his first story, I think I need his consent for a derivative work like a sequel. 

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Questions for Teann
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 09:00:38 am »
I don't have any other address for Mikel than the aol.com one, so if they're not answering you I doubt they'll answer me either! But less than a week later is rather a short period of time to expect a response, especially if you're expecting them to look over work, so I would advise simply waiting.

I would typically want to get confirmation from the original author before publishing a derivative work, yeah; I'm not 100% sure on what the legal requirements are on that front in regards to copyrighted work, but I tend to err on the side of caution.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk