Author Topic: Dungeonmouse is back  (Read 4375 times)

Dungeonmouse

Dungeonmouse is back
« on: January 20, 2021, 04:20:34 am »
Hi everyone. I have restarted my story and essay site on Wix. All the old stories and essays from my defunct geocities site are there plus some new stories. Bob and Tricia's tale of bondage camping, "A Camping Trip," is now finished plus there's a new short story, "These Dreams." I've got two long series and a couple short tales almost done and will be adding them soon. Come visit! The new site is at https://dungeonmouse51.wixsite.com/website.

Best wishes,
dungeonmouse

Offline subgrrl

• Bound & Gagged
    • Key: A Novel
Re: Dungeonmouse is back
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 06:24:58 am »
Awesome! Thanks for the hard work!

<>--+-
subGrrl

Dungeonmouse

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 01:26:31 pm »
The site is still sorta in beta testing. I accidentally hit the “publish” button last night and the site went live. Ack! The biggest problem right now is the links to the stories on some pages don’t work. They take you back to the home page. The mouse is going to fix that today. I’m also having some formatting issues in a few stories. WiX doesn’t always put spaces between paragraphs like they were formatted in MS Word. If anyone has experience with WiX, the mouse could use some help on this issue. If you find any other errors with the site, post them here and I’ll get the mouse on them.

Thanks for tuning in.

Offline absolutist

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 04:23:22 pm »
Indeed great news! I'm looking forward to reacquaint myself with your work.

Cheers,
Absolutist

Dungeonmouse

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 11:37:57 pm »
Links are fixed. The mouse is patting himself on the back.

Dungeonmouse

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 04:10:11 pm »
New story, "Time," is posted on the site.

Dungeonmouse

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 10:27:42 pm »
I just posted a new long story, "Dallas Does Dallas." Like Diedra, Dallas is tough and self-sufficient. Unlike Diedra, Dallas is where she is because she wants to be there.

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 09:27:44 pm »
Interesting! I do like a protagonist who's an eager participant. :-)

Dungeonmouse

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 11:39:23 pm »
I just added a new short story, "An Odd Event at Burning Man," to my website. Yep, it's odd even for Burning man.

Dungeonmouse

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 10:11:29 pm »
I've been busy. there are two new stories on the website: Lab Work and Noblesse Oblige plus a new essay On Bondage Walking. The big project, however, is a full length novel, A Dark and Wondrous Place. I published it on Smashwords. I enjoy reading and writing on free sites like Gromet's but the author in me kept wondering "Am I a good author? Good enough that people would pay to read my stories?" I had to find out. The book sells for $2.99 and you can find it at the link below.

If you use the link below, it will take you directly to my book page on Smashwords. If you search Smashwords, even using the full title, you won't see it in the search results unless you change the filtering to "include all erotica." The filtering selection is at the far right corner of the blue bar at the top of the Smashwords page and is helpfully called "Filtering."

I don't know when the book will be available on other outlets like Kobo or Barnes and Noble. Because it has some non-consensual bondage, I said it contains "non-consensual sexual slavery" which tags it as "taboo." A taboo tag means some outlets won't carry it. Smashwords doesn't distribute through Amazon unless the book reaches a pretty high sales figure. I can input the book into Amazon myself and I will likely do that after I see how the Smashwords distribution is going.

The tags authors attach to their books are basically done on the honor system. I've seen books labeled "mainstream erotica" that are very close to the non-consensual elements in my book. However, if a distributor disagrees with your tags, they can ban you for life from distributing through them. Amazon is apparently bad about this. This being my first foray into online publishing, I decided to be conservative and tag the book as non-consensual. If you've read my Diedra series on the website, the non-consensual elements in A Dark and Wondrous Place are similar.

The world of online publishing through places like Amazon and Smashwords is a completely different ball game than submitting stories to places like Gromet's Plaza or posting them on your own website. I spent as much time researching online publishing than I did writing a good part of the book!

I hope you enjoy the book. If you read it, please write a review. I need to know how I'm doing.

A Dark and Wondrous Place
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 10:51:30 pm by Dungeonmouse »

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 05:45:07 am »
Congratulations on your first proper published work! I shall try to read when I find some time.

I think you're probably right on the playing-it-safe approach; while it might be frustrating to feel like you're being put in a little fenced-off content box while others flaunt the system, I imagine it would be many times as frustrating to get "caught" later, put in the box anyway, and in some way punished for your choice of tags. Besides, you will probably find that those who enjoy that sort of content are quite happy opening the door marked "taboo" and it's not the stigma it might once have been, and those who wouldn't are not the sort to make happy readers leaving good reviews anyway.

Offline subgrrl

• Bound & Gagged
    • Key: A Novel
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 03:15:47 am »
I enjoyed the book a lot. Very much different from most of what you find on the commercial side of bondage stories. Much, much better than a lot of the drivel that you find promoted. I'd pay a fair price to read your next book in a heartbeat.

<>--+-
subGrrl

P.S. There was a healthy collection of editing issues. I know a free copy-editor if you're interested next time around! (With solid references, too!)

Offline bdtwo

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 05:26:33 pm »
Have you removed the website and the book from smashwords.  I don't long on often so missed this, just curious.

Offline taurired

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 04:57:01 am »
site https://dungeonmouse51.wixsite.com/website is not working
smashword's link also says book is not published

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk