Author Topic: Server Migration 2022/11  (Read 4149 times)

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
Server Migration 2022/11
« on: November 07, 2022, 10:35:42 pm »
Hi there folks, the eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed some server issues today, as well as the forums briefly being in maintenance. Both of these are down to the fact that I've had to migrate hosting providers on short notice, as our current provider has decided to quadruple the price with less than a fortnight's notice prior to the annual renewal, and the shoddy service they were giving us definitely isn't worth that much of a price bump.

The story sites themselves were already moved several days ago without issue, the issue today was a knock-on effect from moving the forums. The only major thing that remains is sorting out the email handling, which is waiting on the new provider removing a blockage. The service with the old provider runs until the 12th, but I intend to migrate the email prior to that. Until then however, the forum will be unable to send email, which will block new users from signing up.

As the authors will be aware, the queue of submissions, which was already a month long before the Halloween rush, has had to take a back seat to the migration, for which I can only apologise, so everyone will have to bear with me a little bit longer. I am in the process of acknowledging all the submissions I have in my inbox backlog before the email changes over, in case I become temporarily uncontactable via the normal [email protected] address.

I can be contacted via [email protected] but please only do so if there's something urgent. I'll update here when I am confident the email migration is complete and I have replied to all the emails I have, and if you haven't had a response to your email at that point we might have to assume it has been lost in the transfer.

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Server Migration 2022/11
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 11:27:13 pm »
Okay, the forum's ability to send email has been restored, and the recently signed up users have been let in.

The big switchoff of the old account is on the 12th November, so it's still possible that something is relying on that, so please do let me know if something appears newly broken.

Offline jakbird

• Loosely Tied
  • Res Ipse Dicit - The work speaks for itself
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 12:35:55 am »
What about the feature where every author is sent 25 bitcoin whenever a reader downloads a story?  That particular enhancement seems to have been broken for quite some time...
Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 02:20:10 pm »
What about the feature where every author is sent 25 bitcoin whenever a reader downloads a story?  That particular enhancement seems to have been broken for quite some time...

NFT integration has sadly had to take a back seat, on account of being a nonsensical fad hawked by charlatans. :-P

Offline jakbird

• Loosely Tied
  • Res Ipse Dicit - The work speaks for itself
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 09:13:24 pm »
Good to know, and a relief.  I was concerned all those BTC had gone into an FTX wallet....
Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk