Author Topic: At a Loss by Mikel  (Read 5622 times)

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
At a Loss by Mikel
« on: June 10, 2020, 09:13:49 pm »
You can view the story here on the plaza:

https://www.mummified.net/storiesad/at_a_loss.html
Sbf; mum; machine; wrap; tape; gag; collar; toys; force; trick; kidnap; cons; nc; X

Please feel free to leave your kind comments and feedback about this story here.

Thanks  ;)

Offline Tigerstretch

• Bound & Gagged
Re: At a Loss by Mikel
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 12:04:56 am »
I always loved those short stories where the main character is battling against a small uncooperative robots. Hehe.

Fun one. :) thanks for writing it.
Tigerstretch

Offline Mikel

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 03:09:15 am »
Thanks Tigerstretch I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I would like to ask, do you like the shorter stories or the longer ones?
The reason I ask I have several longer stories I haven't sent because I thought people preferred the shorter ones.
I actually like the shorter ones because I have limited time to sit and read but that's just me.
Thanks again for reading and giving me a response,
Mikel
Keep your mind in the gutter and your woman locked up tight.

Offline nyenor

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 05:03:01 am »
Mikel. For me its ANY story, long or short I don't care.

Offline Tigerstretch

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 08:47:23 am »
Thanks Tigerstretch I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I would like to ask, do you like the shorter stories or the longer ones?
The reason I ask I have several longer stories I haven't sent because I thought people preferred the shorter ones.
I actually like the shorter ones because I have limited time to sit and read but that's just me.
Thanks again for reading and giving me a response,
Mikel

I think the only answer to your question is "Write what makes you happy." What people like or what they want is irrelevant. Whatever you publish, some people will like and others won't. It's not something you can control.

That said, I've read your material for years, and I think your current style is more appropriate for short stories. You will have to help the readers a bit if you want them to read your longer stories. I write very long stories all the time and this is what I suggest you to consider. Many of those advices were given to me by my patrons.
  • Write shorter paragraphs (2-3 sentences)- people are reading on phones and tablets will thank you.(your style currently includes many long paragraphs which can make it harder to read)
  • Detach dialogues from the paragraphs when possible. (You sometimes insert short dialogues within long paragraphs which can break the flow.
  • A long story heavily based on kinks will tire the readers. I find people like it more when they get to know a character first. Let's says kitty in Feliformia, she has a huge non-kinky back story and many people like her because they got to know who she was. She makes jokes, act funny, experience sad things, fall in love, etc. This will help the readers stay engaged.
  • people like to know why characters are doing what they do.

Of course they are just suggestions to make a longer story more digestible for the readers. You are one of the most creative author on this site, you can create good kinky stories out of thin air, which lead me to think you are a gardener like me.(we don't really plan ahead what we are writing)

Anyway, to me, I think you can totally write great longer stories if you makes your story breath a bit more. But your style is your style. My point of view is just one among others. :) I just like trying new styles and tips, then I keep what works for me.
Tigerstretch

Offline Mikel

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:40:02 pm »
Thanks,
It's funny you mention paragraph length, I used to try to keep them shorter to make it appear not to be a sea of words then I started making it longer because when it gets re formatted for the site it was making them seem so... brief. LOL
I can change that easily, I had no idea about making it harder on different devices.
I always struggle with breaking out the dialog, I never know when its appropriate or not, I have done it then during re-reads I change it back because it doesn't seem to look right or adds so many pages.
I like some of the stories I have read where they break it out then there are others that seems (to me) to make it hard to read.
I guess I need to study up on that and see if I can figure out when its the right thing to do.
The longer stories I have I haven't sent in because I do worry readers will become tired of the story, too much info or too much constant kink so I write them then re-write, some I shorten some I make longer trying to (smooth) them out but hell I don't know, like you said I write what it grows into long or short.
Thanks again.
Mikel

Offline djxzinik

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 07:52:30 am »
I dont usually post, i like being a lurker, but I need to say this :)

both of you, mikel and tiger have your way with words, or as we say in spanish "el don de la palabra" which roughly translates as "the gift with the words", because you two have a way to get people hooked on your stories, at least that is how i feel when reading your stories.

I have read all of your stores Mikel and I have to say that I've even read stories that I i'm not really interested on the topic, but I feel like i need to end the story because of how you manage to narrate, this also hapens with tiger, I always try to give the opportunity to all the stories that come to the plaza but ussually i drop them if i'm not interested

both of you force me to keep reading, and i hate and love it, because i get hooked on stories that do not appeal to me  but then i start to like them >.<

that's all I've got to say, I'll be go back to being a lurker here

and please mikel, please, send some of those longer stories

Offline Tigerstretch

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 12:29:46 pm »
both of you force me to keep reading, and i hate and love it, because i get hooked on stories that do not appeal to me  but then i start to like them >.<

Aww! Thanks. Such a nice thing to say.  :D
Tigerstretch

Offline Mikel

• Loosely Tied
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 04:20:54 pm »
Wow, Thanks for choosing to break "just lurking"  I really appreciate your comments, I will try to edit a longer story and send it in.
Just make sure you let me know what you think. LOL

Mikel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk