General Category > General Discussion

How/when did you start writing?

(1/4) > >>

Tigerstretch:
I am curious to know how you started writing. Feel free to share if you want to. I'd really like to know. :)

In my case, I'm 42 years old, but I only started writing a couple of months ago and discovered that I liked it a lot. When I was in high school, I was not doing well. They forced us to read terrible books, and I never read them. I don't even know how I graduated. The only books I read were cartoons like Tintin, Le Scrameustache, and Lucky Luke. (all in french since I'm French Canadian). Then when I started working at 20yo, I stopped reading entirely.

In my late 20s, I learned to speak and read English and moved to an English province. I'm using two languages all the time now. About two years ago, I was a bit bored and didn't have any hobbies anymore. I went on Amazon and bought two series.
- Spice & Wolf (manga)
- Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon (Light Novel)
It was a lucky pick because they are both EXCELLENT series. So yeah, I read my first real book when I was 40yo. (I know, it's rather pathetic) ... The light novels are simple to understand and they don't discourage me. I read the 24 books in the series of is it wrong ... and even started reading other LN like Overlord and Legend of the galactic heroes.

Then three months ago, I decided to try writing. In one week, I wrote a 60k word light novel, and I have been editing it since then. I quickly realized that I bit more than I could chew. The number of things I learned while writing this sci-fi monster cut my legs off. I needed to find something else to practice on first else I'll never finish that novel.

So a few weeks ago, I started writing a short story here to learn and practice. Publishing 5-7k words story was so much easier than 60k words. Plus, the little feedbacks I received right away were awesome. You guys are great.

How was it for you?

dpgsm:
 Hi
I started two years ago at the age of 63
After reading bondage stories, written to this site and others
for thirty yrs. 
But this site always encourages people to write their own and Gromets would help you to realize your story or contribution.
So I formulize my story outlook.
Back-Story, Set-up, Peril, Conclusion.
Wrote my first Halloween Story (the drive)
It was well received and liked. 
I have not stopped since
So good luck with your stories,

Eido:
Hi,

I am married to a very vanilla lady. Writing is my outlet for thoughts about kink, fantasies, explorations, character sketches, and speculation about the technical aspects of (mostly) bondage.

I also have some trauma related baggage from my childhood. I'm pretty sure it is a contributor to my writing trains of thought.

Thanks for asking the question.

Eido

loras pa6:
I started writing about 12 years ago, releasing my second story first (Accidental Inheritance 1) then once the positive reviews came for that I polished up my original first story and posted it (The Hypno-Seduction of Lana).

I don't know where my kinks originated from but I know I had most of them way back as a pre-pubescent boy, before I knew anything about sex or fetishes.

Though I haven't submitted anything recently I have been writing. I am semi-actively working on a Slaviversary story, and have a Stone Basin Coven story that is going to expand the lore and move the characters out of the first days of Tiffany and Doug joining the Coven.

Aside from those I have two others started that I'm not sure if I'm going to move forward on and a few bouncing around in my head

Zephyr:
I wrote as a teen (a half-century ago) a lot of Science Fiction (not good stuff, and not a lot of it written down) and then finally with advances in computer technology I got to the point I could actually start writing some of my erotic fantasies without the fear of getting nailed with a frying pan. Some of my stories here were written 15 years ago, I just never got around to and got around to having enough nerve to post it for others. I'm way past that now, thankfully. Now with the people who might wield frying pans out of my life and COVID giving me much more free time than I am happy with I can look through the files and post (and finish) what looks to be worthy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version