Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite 'How To' or 'Why' Kink Book?  (Read 7144 times)

Offline Eido

• Bound & Gagged
What Is Your Favorite 'How To' or 'Why' Kink Book?
« on: March 11, 2017, 02:15:01 pm »
Hello all,

I went through a how to phase early in my adult life after accpeting that these kinky impulses were a part of my life. That led to a why phase.  Many books were read, including Different Loving, and Screw the Roses Give Me the Thorns.

What is your favorite book in the how to or why genre?  Nowadays, maybe I should ask what is your favorite website?

Is there a reference in this area that you believe is the current state of the art and what is it?

Thanks,
Eido

Offline Zephyr

• Bound & Gagged
Re: What Is Your Favorite 'How To' or 'Why' Kink Book?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:42:22 am »
The best one of the very few I've seen is "Imaginative Sex" by John Norman, author of the Gor series.
If the world around you is a dark place, you can fix this and have work to do. Get busy!

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »
Many of the "How" books on the market have good information but often seem more for titillation rather than information. I've tried several and consider Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook a pretty good how-to reference.

I've yet to find a good source of "Why" information.

Offline Gabrielle

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 03:05:13 pm »
One book comes to mind immediately. I wanted to better uderstand Domination and Submission and bought Michael Makai's book of that title.
It is quite straight forward in my opinion, nothing fancy or flowery.

The definitive handbook on Domination and Submission (D/s) relationships and the BDSM lifestyle. A must-read for anyone considering or curious about non-traditional relationships within a fetish culture context. Funny, insightful, educational, and inspiring.

Author Michael Makai goes in-depth on Dominants, submissives, switches, primals, and their relationship dynamics. Learn about BDSM activities, bondage, toys, groups, protocols, and safety. This book even dares to go where others fear to tread: Primal relationships, online BDSM relationships, the Gorean subculture, first meetings, religion vs. kink, and the many ways it can all go wrong.

You'll love Michael Makai's irreverent and humorous treatment of this subject as he gives you the benefit of his 35+ years of experience in the D/s and BDSM lifestyles.book blurb borrowed from Amazon

Gabrielle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk