Author Topic: Fetish blog and web archive  (Read 4133 times)

Offline TheSeventhCode

Fetish blog and web archive
« on: April 22, 2023, 10:34:26 pm »
Hey there everyone!

I just wanted to share my fetish blog/repository of stories I found and enjoyed: [TheSeventhCode’s Repository][https://www.theseventhcode.tech/]. I also run a [web archive](https://webarchive.theseventhcode.tech/) with a huge number of bondage/rubber/general fetish stories.

If you come across anything you think might fit in there, feel free to message me and I'll have a look. I'm constantly working on expanding this collection ;D

Offline teanndaorsa

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Fetish blog and web archive
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 06:50:44 pm »
While I'm generally in favour of more places where kinky stories can live, I'd sound a note of caution here. As TheLargeEmpty noted in the other thread - it's better to contact the authors of the stories before you start publicly hosting their work somewhere they didn't choose. It's one thing to have your own personal, private archive of work, that's clearly fair use. I do that myself. But by publicly hosting it and making it accessible to others, you're taking control of that work away from the copyright holders. The ArchiveBox software you're using is pretty clear about that.

While that might seem innocuous and positive - you're saving their work because you like it and hope others would see it after all - imagine the case where an author would like to take their previously published work and put it up for sale. If it has been copied to your site as well, that's going to impact on their ability to make money from their hard work. Or perhaps they have other reasons for wanting to withdraw it. Yes, they can take the time and ask you to take that work down, but what if you are not the only one doing this? How many archive site maintainers do they have to contact to keep control of their published work?

I don't want to rain on the parade, and I can understand how frustrating it is to see other public story archives go under and for work to disappear. But in my opinion, the rights of the authors generously sharing their work for free trump the rights of readers to enjoy that work in perpituity. It's different for authors like Jack Peacock obviously, who make their work public domain explicitly, but most authors grant only a limited, revocable right to specific publishing sites to host their work. If you're contacting the authors directly before re-publishing their work then that's great, but if you're re-publishing their work and putting the onus on them to complain, that feels sort of icky to me.

Offline jakbird

• Loosely Tied
  • Res Ipse Dicit - The work speaks for itself
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 05:44:11 pm »
Thanks for pointing out public domain exceptions.  In the US copyright limits all works after 1978 are 75 years for author, 95 to 120 years (thanks to Disney) for anonymous or for-hire work.  Everywhere else the limits are much lower.  I'm strictly amateur so all my fiction is public domain, free for anyone to use, abuse or mangle at will, for all eternity.  I know of at least one case where someone else wrote a sequel to one of my stories.  It wasn't my style but not bad.  I am pragmatic in recognizing my writing is not up to commercial standards, no one will ever pay for it, so I'm in it only for the enjoyment of churning out turgid prose to the unsuspecting masses.

As for publishing elsewhere, public domain is just that, anyone can use the stories anywhere they choose.  I think it's tacky to charge for something acquired for free, so if my stories appear on a fee-based site I urge readers to boycott.  Otherwise, yeah it would be nice to know if I show up on a website but it's not a requirement.

Oh yeah, in a few cases I've caught people sticking their own name on my stories, without even changing the title.  For would be plagiarists, Google is NOT your friend.
  Jack Peacock
Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide

Offline Spandex

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 05:11:56 am »
Jack Peacock,
I read several of your stories, The Stock Box and the Prop Room specifically. I did find a few errors with emphasis on FEW. I thought they were well written, I will be reading more of your stories, I enjoyed them.

Offline jakbird

• Loosely Tied
  • Res Ipse Dicit - The work speaks for itself
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 07:51:56 pm »
Thanks for the comment.  I try to be realistic, within the bounds of some literary license in order to create an interesting story.  I'd be interested in hearing about what I missed.  Thee's nothing worse than perpetuating mistakes year after year.
  Jack Peacock
Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk