Author Topic: Elements of Dominance and Submission  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Eido

• Bound & Gagged
Elements of Dominance and Submission
« on: June 07, 2018, 12:32:06 pm »
Dear Forum Readers,

What do you consider to be the characteristics of a dominant? A submissive?

What do you consider to be the elements of a dominant/submissive relationship?

I'm trying to gather information to improve my story telling. I have some limited experience of my own, and of course I've read a lot of fiction and some non-fiction on the subject, but I've never discussed these concepts with friends, and I doubt I ever will.

All opinions are welcome.

Thank you,
Eido

Offline Zephyr

• Bound & Gagged
Re: Elements of Dominance and Submission
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 05:07:50 pm »
One forum reader's opinion:

I m not, have never been in, and unfortunately never expect to be in such a relationship. My view is from the outside.

A dominant is caring. He or she understands and meets the needs of their sub. A dom is also trustworthy, or the sub will run as far away as they can for their own safety.In a good fit the dom enjoys doing the things to the sub that the sub enjoys having done to them. In some ways a dom is not selfish. If they use the sub for their own ends the sub runs from that too.

A sub is strong-willed. It takes a lot of long-term control to let someone else order your life. Love for the dom can step in and supplement this. A sub is trusting that their dom will not abuse them, physically, emotionally or their trust.

For me one of the interesting parts of such a story is why both parties entered into and continue in the relationship. But that one goes all over the map for good reasons and bad.
If the world around you is a dark place, you can fix this and have work to do. Get busy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk