Author Topic: Washing Latex.  (Read 8710 times)

Slave.Natalia2

Washing Latex.
« on: April 16, 2018, 06:26:39 pm »
Hi,

I'm relatively new to wearing latex, so was wondering if anyone could give some tips on how to wash latex.

Thank you.

Slave Natalia  :D

Offline Ataraxia

Re: Washing Latex.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 08:41:34 pm »
Natalia-
There are two main considerations in washing latex.

1. Body Oils are Enemy #1 of latex:  these will _slowly_ be absorbed by your latex and eventually cause it's elasticity to diminish. It's a very slow process -- everything seems fine at first but then, six months later, the places where your latex has constant contact with oily areas of your body may start to seem feel slightly gummy and overly stretchy to the point of weakness. (By then it's too late!)

2. Bacteria makes your latex stink:  wearing latex puts the material in intimate contact with your body, usually in a warm, moist context that is particularly conducive to the incubation of bacteria. Latex is actually somewhat porous and bacteria may slowly build up within the micro-pores.

Solution: wash your latex with mixture of white, distilled vinegar and a mild soap such as a shampoo.

I've been wearing latex catsuits for over 50 years and often spend well over 12 hours in them at a time. When my session is done, I take my suit off in the bathroom. As I do not use lubes or powder (my suits are chlorinated) I sometimes use a bit of hand soap to aid in removing it -- this is the time when your suit is most likely to rip, so using soap helps.  Then I hang them in the shower where I keep a spray bottle filled with distilled white vinegar (kills bacteria) and a bottle of "clarifying" shampoo which is formulated for "oily hair" (i.e.body oils). I start by spraying the armpits and neck areas of my catsuit with vinegar to pre-treat it a bit. Then I put some clarifying shampoo on a wet sponge and spray it with a bit more vinegar. Then I scrub my entire suit (interior side, mostly) with the sponge. I pay particular attention to the "problem areas" such as around the neck and at the armpits where oil and/or bacteria are likely to be a problem. Then I rinse it off with the hand-held shower head and hang it to dry.

One thing to be aware of:  most shampoos are scented. This may smell nice at first, but be warned that this scent will slowly build up in the latex and make your suit smell like shampoo. If you do not want this, try to find a clarifying shampoo with a minimal scent.  (I used to use liquid dish soap because it is very good at cutting the oils, but found that my suits start to smell like dishsoap. I have not found a scent-less dish soap. )

I hope this helps. Holler if you have more questions or need other guidance.
..ataraxia..

Want to go deeper? www.rubbernaut.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk