Mummification > Mummification Discussion

I need some advice and good ideas on fiberglass casting.

<< < (2/2)

Tom:
In such matters, being trained as a paramedic, one plays safe, if not for you, then for other readers, as at the end of the day, or rather days, suicide - even if accidental - is legal in my country, if unadvisable. However it can have unhappy consequences for anyone else aware of your proposed actions, such as the other readers here, if they do not take appropriate action to preempt matters reaching such a pass. I know because I was on the edge of an assisted misericordia case - fortunately the sufferer died naturally before we had to test legislative dominion, which would have been interesting, with my lawyer's hat on, as the Coroner's Officer is a family member fully aware of the situation. Lawyers can be masochists as well as sadists, you know!
That being said, if you choose to disregard that advice, then the easiest way for you to go from the one-piece casting to the reusable is to do that release cut carefully so you can add the appropriate flanges afterwards, as a last stage in turning the single-use into a reusable cast.
Considering that my suspicion was that you are rather new to predicament play was correct, I would encourage you to try the release route, though. JG Leathers' Creature schema uses this extensively, although he's not walking the hard cast route so much.
Other considerations are preemptive use of antibiotics against infections from wear and tear of flesh from the cast and its removal, and plumbing as you're already looking at longer-term encasement. Vitamins can also be important in prophylaxis, and in longer-term scenarios, embedded electrodes to maintain muscle stimulation. Having worn a cast for six weeks after an unusual break, the mummy skin at the end is something else, as you don't shed dead skin in the way you normally do. That again can be a health problem.

Tom:
The more I think about the general gist of the thread, the more concerned I become, that just because things have gone well in the past, you presume they will go well again in the future: that reveals a dangerous lack of standards. The past is no guide whatsoever to catastrophic crisis, you fail to realise that whatever causes a crisis is unpredictable, by its very nature, and you must allow spare capacity to get out of it when and if it ever does: what you are doing does not make such a provision, you are not working safely, this is not about legislative lipservice, it is about reality. What you are doing using inescapable bondage is sooner or later going to dig a hole for someone six feet deep, eight feet long and a couple of feet wide surrounded by weeping family, lawyers and police. That is something nobody would wish on you or anyone else, however is a hard reality whatever we wish.
I must therefore call upon you to cease this trend towards a full-body inescapable bondage. What you say and what you are doing are two very different things, and although I cannot stop you, I cannot by exactly the same standards stay silent and thereby implicitly complicit in this dangerous behaviour. Full coverage of a limb is unlikely to be life-threatening, doing the same to a torso can be: what I an calling for is a close proximity to full coverage, enough to maintain the illusion and mental impression that it is, but with the reality that the mentor supervising the bondage can intervene rapidly to remove it. That's not optional, if you fail to respect this you may immediately be placing yourself in a criminal position of some degree, starting with various degrees of common assault and rapidly escalating to attempted murder. Im sorry about coming on heavy, however just as you'd use the argument that tbis is play, so I'd use exactly the same argument to say play safely, kids. What you're doing as tyros isn't safe: the furthest your argument might go to is to argue over definitions of safety, which is why I'm speaking out: you should be able to return your sub to what passes for normality within seconds, as an absolute rule. It is not normal to have to spend large chunks of the Golden Hour removing hardware to allow a paramedic to get to the heart of the problem, and anyone causing such an impedence is likely to be on the wrong end of the paramedic's report to the cops, regardless of the outcome: we do make reports so whatever went wrong gets corrected as far as possible, and if that correction means a long and unfriendly interview in a cell, then that is what it may mean, sorry.

Mikel:
Bondagelover nothing about bondage, mummification bondage,self bondage, asphyxiation-breath control bondage is totally safe. Something can happen at any time anywhere doing anything, unforeseen events are just that and all you can do is ease in to it and learn as much as you can, which it sounds like you are, make sure your body doesn't have any adverse reactions to the materials and you don't have any hidden claustrophobic or entrapment concerns that might trigger a reaction. It sounds like we have had similar experiences except most of mine have been solo and yours is advancing along what appears to be at a careful pace and direction. I am not encouraging you but as most of us here understand the "chances" we are taking all we can do is be as careful as possible. As to the point of "you should be able to return your sub to what passes for normality within seconds" I have been around a lot of enthusiasts and the discussion before the event, with familiar partners, sets the expectations for release and only carefully becoming familiar with partner can lead to that high point for you or them of getting the feeling of true helplessness and borderline panic that most crave. What it boils down to if it was totally safe we would not be interested because it wouldn't be any fun. I recently casted both my arms in long arm casts purposely without practicing my release just to increase the feelings of desperation and excitement of the unknown, no it wasn't potentially life threatening but I would have had to go outside to seek help if I hadn't been able to free myself. Send me an e-mail I would be interested to hear about your up coming adventures. I will say unless you really like tight confinement don't cast too tight around torso, chest or throat it doesn't flex and got very uncomfortable for me relativity quickly ruining the experience.  Be careful and have fun Mikel       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version