Heartlocks by Eido
3 (18.8%)
Captive of an Evil Queen by Jimdini
2 (12.5%)
On the 29th by John Fitzbe
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: March 30, 2017, 02:56:20 pm

Author Topic: Spring 2017 Story Contest  (Read 23294 times)

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Spring 2017 Story Contest
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:11:39 am »
It’s now time for members to vote for their favorite story, each author took the same opening line and created their own unique vision from its meaning. Choosing your favorite does not reflect on the other stories. Competition, whether its writing, sports or hamburgers encourages innovation and creative thinking, and the contest outcome, along with your comments, act as an author’s guide to reader’s interest in their future projects.

Thank you to all the authors who submitted stories to the spring 2017 contest.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This will be a first line story contest. The entry deadline for story submissions is 11:59 pm UTC Saturday March 11, 2017. Post your story entry in this topic.

DO NOT SEND CONTEST ENTRIES TO GROMET

One story per author only. Stories posted or edited after the deadline will be disqualified. Winner will be selected by a poll. All other rules apply. http://www.grometsplaza.net/pages/story_contests.html

First prize is $100.00 (one hundred) US on Amazon. Second prize is $50.00 (Fifty) US on Amazon, in the event of a tie the prize will be split.

Stories may be written in any category. (Bound, packaged, trash, etc.)

Start your story with this line:
Simple things can trigger happy memories, for me it’s the sound of a key in a lock, until now.

For authors who prefer to write in third person, replacing ‘me’ with your character’s name is allowed.

If you have any questions send a PM to 64Fordman. I look forward to reading your stories.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON CONTEST STORIES UNTIL THE VOTING PERIOD BEGINS.

THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:57:53 pm by 64Fordman »

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Spring 2017 Story Contest Voting is Open
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:10:30 am »
Just a reminder that voting is underway in the current story contest. Please enjoy the stories and vote for your favorite, you may also leave comments for the authors.

Also, I’m trying something different with the voting this time. You must cast your vote before you can see the poll results. Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:19:35 am by 64Fordman »

Offline Lobo De la Sombra

• Global Moderator
  • Bound & Gagged
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:26:58 am »
I like the idea of a totally blind poll.
The more I look, the more I see.
The more I see, the more I learn.
The more I learn, the more I know.
The more I know, the less I understand.
The less I understand, the more I look.

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:47:11 pm »
Thanks Lobo. The question came up about authors seeing the poll. Except for moderators, the only way for an author to see the poll is cast a vote, so I would suggest all the authors cast a vote for their own story to level the field. Hey, even the president gets to vote for him or herself.

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 02:13:27 pm »
I agree with Lobo and your own decision to run a blind poll Fordman. Personally, I find it difficult to vote for my own story. Even had I have followed the route of politics I had thought of years ago, I don't believe I could've voted for myself; which, in all honesty, is all the proof I needed to show that I was not suited for politics. I didn't vote for my own story in the last contest and doubt I will do it in this one. I am reserving my vote until near the end of the voting, even though I believe I have my favorite picked.

Not being a student of Human Behavior, it has been an observation through my life that many people go with the popular vote without making their own decision. Thus, if everybody else likes something, they too, should vote for it. Having the voting blind eliminates this thought process.

Also, with reading AmyAmy's post; I wonder how many of our members actually scroll down the Forum page to the bottom of the page? The contest has been there for all to see but only if they go to the bottom. I am trying to think of a way to correct this, but for now, I think what you have done Fordman; adding a post to the General Category; is the best way to gain attention. I will try to put on my thinking cap when my coffee starts to work. A link on the Plaza's page would help, but not an option in our control.

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 04:29:00 pm »
Thanks Dana. That’s why I posed it as a suggestion, authors can vote for their own stories whatever polling method we use. As long as everyone has the same information they can make the decision they feel most comfortable with.

My question to Amy relating to how members use the forum was based on her session today. She asked about the contest, a new post, and left a comment for a Pensive Pen story, last updated 18 February, but didn’t respond to a comment on her story left 9 days ago on 7 March. Amy is good about that so I assume she didn’t see it.

I’m curious how members find posts when they haven’t visited for a while, scroll down the page looking for the today in bold type, using the link to sort the newest posts, or some other method.

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 04:40:41 pm »
It took me a while to discover I could check what's new by clicking "Show unread posts since last visit". That's a handy feature.

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 04:41:42 pm »
Yes, there are many ways to see new posts. I wonder how many members use them? Showing Unread posts is easy and looking at the most recent posts is another way. I wish I knew a simple answer. I also wish there was a way to show how many 'guests' versus how many 'members' have visited the posts; opposed to a grand total of viewers. I do believe how many people have visited this post to be somewhat low for how long it has been open; thus, wondering how many people scroll all the way down.

@Max,

Yes it is. Also, if you only want to check for replies to posts you started, the 'Show new replies to your posts' option is handy as well. Both options directly under your Screen Name at the top of the page. Then, you have 'View the most recent posts on the forum' at the bottom of the page.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:48:44 pm by ElectroPainLover »

• Global Moderator
  • Bound & Gagged
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 06:52:48 pm »
I usually scroll straight down to the latest post link, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was normal for a lot of people visiting the Forum.  It works for me because I'm on several times a day, so there usually aren't too many new posts each time.  For someone who only visits now and then, it could be several pages of posts to scan through, so it would be easy to miss unless you were looking for the topic.

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:53 pm »
I extended the voting period a couple days to compensate for the site being down. Voting ends March 30.

64Fordman

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 12:16:22 am »
Voting continues in the spring 2017 story contest.

After enjoying the stories, it’s a quick and easy way to acknowledge the efforts of the contest entrants. Even though you are choosing a single story, each vote lets the authors know their work was viewed and appreciated.

For those members who have already voted and can see the poll, thank you. As you know we have a real horse race going with 8 days left in the competition.

64Fordman

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 12:28:15 am »
You have that right Fordman...if it was a political race they would say 'it's too close to call' at this point.

Dana

• Global Moderator
  • Bound & Gagged
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 02:07:58 pm »
With the quality of the stories entered, I'd say the real winners are the readers.  Thing is, whichever story wins, none can be called "best".  All are unique, and all are good.  The quality of the writing here says a lot for the future of both the Plaza and the Forum.  With words like this coming out, both will be around for a long time.

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 02:17:38 pm »
I have to agree with you 100% on your comment Lobo! They are all great stories. We do have a talented group of authors here at Gromets and they all deserve accolades for the stories they write and offer for our entertainment. I believe, as you opined, it only makes Gromet's Plaza Stories and the Forum the best fetish sites available, in my humble opinion.

Dana

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 01:09:48 am »
whichever story wins, none can be called "best".

I have to agree, all the stories are excellent. That’s why I ask members to vote for their favorite story, the one they found the strongest connection to. It’s another way, besides comments, for Plaza authors to receive insight on the interests of the reading community. It allows writers to create stories with wider appeal within their specific category.

Voting ends March 30.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk