Story Contests > Spring 2017 Story Contest Entries

Spring 2017 Story Contest

(1/5) > >>

64Fordman:
It’s now time for members to vote for their favorite story, each author took the same opening line and created their own unique vision from its meaning. Choosing your favorite does not reflect on the other stories. Competition, whether its writing, sports or hamburgers encourages innovation and creative thinking, and the contest outcome, along with your comments, act as an author’s guide to reader’s interest in their future projects.

Thank you to all the authors who submitted stories to the spring 2017 contest.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This will be a first line story contest. The entry deadline for story submissions is 11:59 pm UTC Saturday March 11, 2017. Post your story entry in this topic.

DO NOT SEND CONTEST ENTRIES TO GROMET
One story per author only. Stories posted or edited after the deadline will be disqualified. Winner will be selected by a poll. All other rules apply. http://www.grometsplaza.net/pages/story_contests.html

First prize is $100.00 (one hundred) US on Amazon. Second prize is $50.00 (Fifty) US on Amazon, in the event of a tie the prize will be split.

Stories may be written in any category. (Bound, packaged, trash, etc.)

Start your story with this line:
Simple things can trigger happy memories, for me it’s the sound of a key in a lock, until now.

For authors who prefer to write in third person, replacing ‘me’ with your character’s name is allowed.

If you have any questions send a PM to 64Fordman. I look forward to reading your stories.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON CONTEST STORIES UNTIL THE VOTING PERIOD BEGINS.
THANK YOU.

64Fordman:
Just a reminder that voting is underway in the current story contest. Please enjoy the stories and vote for your favorite, you may also leave comments for the authors.

Also, I’m trying something different with the voting this time. You must cast your vote before you can see the poll results. Let me know what you think.

Lobo De la Sombra:
I like the idea of a totally blind poll.

64Fordman:
Thanks Lobo. The question came up about authors seeing the poll. Except for moderators, the only way for an author to see the poll is cast a vote, so I would suggest all the authors cast a vote for their own story to level the field. Hey, even the president gets to vote for him or herself.

ElectroPainLover:
I agree with Lobo and your own decision to run a blind poll Fordman. Personally, I find it difficult to vote for my own story. Even had I have followed the route of politics I had thought of years ago, I don't believe I could've voted for myself; which, in all honesty, is all the proof I needed to show that I was not suited for politics. I didn't vote for my own story in the last contest and doubt I will do it in this one. I am reserving my vote until near the end of the voting, even though I believe I have my favorite picked.

Not being a student of Human Behavior, it has been an observation through my life that many people go with the popular vote without making their own decision. Thus, if everybody else likes something, they too, should vote for it. Having the voting blind eliminates this thought process.

Also, with reading AmyAmy's post; I wonder how many of our members actually scroll down the Forum page to the bottom of the page? The contest has been there for all to see but only if they go to the bottom. I am trying to think of a way to correct this, but for now, I think what you have done Fordman; adding a post to the General Category; is the best way to gain attention. I will try to put on my thinking cap when my coffee starts to work. A link on the Plaza's page would help, but not an option in our control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version