Author Topic: Terminology  (Read 2557 times)

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
Terminology
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:06:50 pm »
I've been wondering about various bondage terms, specifically the difference between a Lotus Tie and a Shrimp Tie. As I understand it, both are cross-legged positions. I assume one version has the ankles connected to a chest harness or behind the neck forcing the captive into a bent-over position, while the other is a bit more benign.

Can someone enlighten me as to which is which or if there's some other difference?

And while we're at it, I know a Frog Tie has each leg doubled up heel-to-thigh. Is it still a Frog Tie if both legs are tied together and then doubled up, or is there another name for that position?

None of this is the slightest bit important. I'm just making noise here while we wait (although I am somewhat curious).

Max

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Terminology
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:50:42 pm »
Hi Max,

According to various works on the art of shibari you are correct on the shrimp tie, it is a lotus tie with the addition of a connecting rope between the neck and/or shoulders and the legs, holding the bound person in a bent-over pose.

In a frog tie the legs can be bound separately or together, it’s the absence of the connecting rope between legs and upper body that distinguishes it from a hog tie.

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
Re: Terminology
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:30:02 pm »
Thanks Fordman. Always want to have my terms correct. ;)

Max

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk