Other Worlds Section > Other Worlds Discussion

Level of Realizm?

(1/3) > >>

ElectroPainLover:
Sex robots that are capable of your type of kinkiness are being upgraded at a rate of every 2 1/2 years or 30 months. However, once purchased, you may no longer upgrade. How long do you wait for the improvements to evolve?

64Fordman:
I keep thinking of the movie Future World (the sequel to West World) where the androids attack all the guests after they were upgraded and made fail-safe from the major malfunction in West World. I think I’ll wait, thanks.

ElectroPainLover:
I was focusing more upon the aesthetics more than possible quirks...but I fully understand what you mean. Though I haven't seen either of movies.

Dana

64Fordman:
They were typical 1970’s computers are a bad idea movies and depict a theme park staffed by humanoids indistinguishable from a human and programmed to fulfill your every fantasy, until the mainframe computer in the basement shorts out and they all go nuts. Still good movies today despite there age, Yule Brenner played the AI gun slinger in both films.

Another good one from that era is ‘Demon Seed’, a woman lives in a computerized and automated house. It’s all good until the computer decides it needs to be free to execute its plan for world domination and takes the woman hostage so it can impregnate her and create a humanoid. Could be the only film where a woman gets violated by a 3 bedroom English Tudor.

ElectroPainLover:
Thanks Fordman.

I have seen "Demon Seed". I watched it with my father either about the time it came out or within a short time later. It had 'stuck' in my memory and watched it again not long ago on Netflix. Good cult classic, just not as provocative to me now as it was to my very-fertile younger self.

Dana

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version