Author Topic: Honor System vs "True" Selfbondage  (Read 31054 times)

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
Honor System vs "True" Selfbondage
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:54:14 pm »
In the Lost Forum there was a recent discussion regarding what constitutes True Self Bondage. We've all heard the old saw about "it isn't bondage until you want to get loose", however when playing solo I always want to be able to get loose due to concern about various dire situations (fire, earthquake, break-in, sudden health problems, police at the door, etc).

My personal kinkage requires rope rather than cuffs or other means of restraint and one of my safety rules is that I must be able to get loose quickly, preferably in one minute or less. Therefore although most ropes are done up quite tight, the wrist rope is always something I can easily slip and there are shears within easy reach.

Unless there's a major emergency, a cheap kitchen timer is my escape method. Letting myself loose before the allotted time is reached results in the ropes being put away for the rest of the day and no more play of any kind is permitted.

This works for me. My bliss comes from feeling the bite of the ropes, watching myself in the mirrors, squirming around, maintaining a good edge, and drifting into sub space. Perhaps because I have such an active imagination, easy escape does nothing to blunt my enjoyment.

I know this approach wouldn't work for some (perhaps most). I wonder how many others use the Honor System rather than "true" bondage.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:36:19 pm by mrmaxroper »

MsBehavin

Re: Honor System vs "True" Selfbondage
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:13:58 pm »
When I used to play online there was always a key on a string to hand or some sort of emergency release as a "in case of emergency pull cord". My friend was 5000 miles away in the US so we had to have a back up when he was bound. The key on a string thing worked well for us, as firstly I would have seen if he cheated and used the key to escape and secondly, the key didn't even register on his radar as a method of escape during playtime.

There was no way I would have a part in a friend getting into trouble with no way out because of the vagaries of the internet.

Haywire04

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:57:43 pm »
I frequently use an ice cube release with a back up key frozen in a larger container that is setting on top of an older book that I would hate to see be ruined by spilled water.

Jimdini

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »
I alternate with ice releases and "honour" releases. Generally I use ice for stringent or uncomfortable bondages and "honour" for more comfortable and mobile situations,

Offline M88

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 05:33:08 pm »
I use a mix of the two. Sometimes the key will be getable at any time. But i have had to walk and get it before and placed it in ice as well. The session and time will make me pick which one i do

M88

Offline Mrs. Locks

• Married only to bondage
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:02:25 am »
The only time I've ever had true self-bondage is when I discovered Carli Lock.  I put any keys I'd need inside a lockbox and use their website to determine when I'll be able to get the combination to the lockbox, so I'll absolutely not be able to be let out early.

I've also been playing with my cage more recently.  I've been sleeping in a dog kennel very regularly lately.  And at first, I would use combination locks and wait for the sun to come up to light up the room to be able to see the lock.  But I've always wanted to have more flexibility about when I'd be able to be let free so I devised a new method.  The entire cage has been covered in blankets enough so that zero light can enter, and my window now has a thick shade, blinds, and a curtain which significantly blocks the amount of light entering the room.  When I'm in the cage, I can see absolutely nothing at any time.

My release method is my cellphone.  I have a charger cord plugged into one of those light timers for when you're away from home or to have your Christmas lights automatically come on.  I do whatever I can to drain the battery on my phone so much that it no longer even blinks "low battery" when attempting to turn it on, and I plug it into the charger inside the cage.  I lock the door shut with three combination locks and wait in total isolation until my phone beeps, indicating it's charging.  Then, I have to wait a short time until there's some charge, and use the light from the phone to free myself from the cage.  I can set the timer for any specific time this way, so the sun and weather aren't in charge anymore.

I do have a way out in case I really need to, but it involves kicking at the cage door as hard as I can.  It will eventually break or the hinge portion will bend enough to be able to come off.  But then my cage will be pretty much useless, and I've paid a decent amount for this cage.  So classify that how you may as the honor system or true self-bondage.  I like to think of it as true.  :)

~Mrs. Locks~
RIP former Gromet's Plaza Forum

Tied84

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:32 pm »
I used to be all 'honor system' with my SB, but I've been able to find time blocks lately that allow me full and uninterrupted privacy for multiple consecutive hours, so I've augmented that a bit. I now have a 3rd true emergency backup set of keys tied to a small jar of old melted axel grease over the floor of the playroom. I have all keys necessary to unlock my bonds and clothes attached to that string, but should i ever have to use it I'll ruin a ton of stuff and carpet that I'd rather not ruin in the process.

I've since transitioned into truly inescapable scenarios that totally rely of my escape mechanisms as i feel there is enough failsafe built into them. I have a primary release, a secondary 'backup' release, and my 3rd emergency release.

Network Engineers like redundancy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:26:16 pm by Tied84 »

Jimdini

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:14 am »
I transitioned from an "honour" tie to True self bondage recently.

I had decided on a fairly strict tie, tight (very) leather briefs leather hood, Tight leather straps (with steel 'O' ting cinches) at ankles, knees and thighs , Strap around upper arms and chest and hands cuffed behind.  Release, "honour" keys on desk and floor. I strapped up my legs, fitted a ball gag and laced up the hood (plain but with pepper pot eyes) and fitted a small padlock. Next I put a leather strap around my chest and upper arms. Finally I worked my arms behind my back to lock on the handcuffs. Usually I use standard chain linked cuffs, but this time I had been playing with the Alcyon Universal joint cuffs earlier so used them. I used a small steel rod to activate the double lock and happily rolled around helpless on my bed for about half an hour before deciding to get myself loose.

This went easily I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up and hopped over to the desk and picked up the key I felt for the key holes and realised they were away from my wrists towards the elbows. Now came the problem, with the chain cuffs I could easily twist my wrists and insert the key, but with my arms pinned to my chest the universal joint on the alcyon cuffs restricted my wrist movement and I could n't reach, I was stuck! I hopped back to the bed and rolled around trying to work my arms loose from the chest strap.

Finally I gave up and tried to attract my safety back ups attention. She was downstairs listening to music and couldn't hear me. I struggled to the top of the stairs and eased myself down to the floor and bumped down the stairs on my bum. Struggling to my feet I hopped into the lounge, She looks up says "Nice tie up." and closes her eyes and continues humming along to the music. I shrug my shoulders and hop over to a chair intending to sit down. I misjudged and thump to the floor, still I am ignored. I lay there occasionally struggling and grunting until she decided to unlock my cuffs so I could free myself.

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 01:05:21 pm »
I know I'm a little late on this thread, but I am quite new here.

As I have absolutely NO self-control, if I want to enjoy my sb sessions, I have to be locked up in "true" bondage.
If there is even the slightest chance of being able to escape, I will find it when I "think" I am in too much pain or I have come and think the session should be done.
I even had to move to a 1,000 lb. Electromagnet because I was able to pull hard enough to separate a 300 lb. system. I have to be "completely" unable to escape if I want to "feel" as if I have been thoroughly dominated.

EPL

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 09:07:29 pm »
Thanks EPL. It's never too late to add something to a thread (especially one I started  :) ). This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Since many of us have been dealing with these things in a virtual bubble (little or no outside information) for so long I'm always on the lookout for how other people get by in our little hobby. It seems there are as many approaches to self bondage as there are practitioners.

I guess I must have a lot of self control [snorts in self-derision].

Max

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 09:32:29 pm »
Seriously laughing out loud to your post Max!  ;D

As you will read in the two very problematic bondage mishaps I have had, (one includes a release I believed to be fail-proof) 'real bondage' can be a fairly dangerous game, or, can simply push one the their limits...shit...fourteen hours of a limit.  :o

I am always happy to speak to someone about my limited knowledge of bondage, and, add my two-cents when I believe I have something to offer.

Hopefully, I possibly sprung some new life into the thread you started and get the conversation rolling again.

EPL

Jimdini

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 12:27:36 am »
I accidently went from Honour to true SB recently http://grometsplaza.net/forum/index.php?topic=1506.0

ElectroPainLover

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 01:46:02 am »
I accidently went from Honour to true SB recently

Accidentally is never a good thing. Yikes!

Dana -- EPL

Jimdini

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 11:23:12 pm »
I just had a 'True' self bondage session. ;D
Stripped down to briefs, strapped a large ballgag in place then straps at knees and ankles binding my legs together. Now the final step locking my wrists together behind my back with Irish eight cuffs.
That was it totally bound no escape possible until my human back up arrived as arranged in about twenty minutes. You would not believe the adrenaline rush as the cuffs clicked shut. Followed by a 'Oh my what have I done! Suppose something happens to my back up.' another adrenaline rush! Heart drops back to normal and I look at the clock still almost twenty minutes before any hope of being released.Every sound from outside seemed amplified. Happily struggling but stopping every time I heard a car to look at the clock, time seemed to crawl by. Twenty five minutes seemed like two hours! :D
When my back up arrived they asked where the key was, had to ungag me before they understood it was on the door handle behind them and the Irish eights came off. There is no way I can free myself with these cuffs behind my back, they are only viable with a human jailer.
This was fun but I think I will wait a while before doing any more 'True' self bondage.  ;)

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 05:53:52 pm »
Sounds like you had an excellent experience. I'm glad your backup was timely (although a truly good/evil backup might've made you wait a while).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk