Author Topic: Do you like a video with your story ?  (Read 12397 times)

Daffy Duck

Do you like a video with your story ?
« on: August 04, 2016, 07:44:30 pm »
Dear fellow trashcan story readers,

Gromet kindly posted three stories to the Trashcan section today.

All three contain a new ingredient - a video link or two.

These videos inspired the associated stories, so I thought I would share the videos with you also.

I would be interested to learn whether readers :-

a) like videos with the stories

b) prefer to have no video, and just have their imagination

c) prefer to watch the video then read the story

d) prefer to read the story then watch the video.

Consider this a trial run. If the feedback is positive, I shall do this in future (where possible).

All the best,

Daffy

Offline TeaSer

• Bound & Gagged
  • Overweight underheight danish dominant married man
Re: Do you like a video with your story ?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »
It took a while, Daffy! To actually find the stories with videolinks embedded.

In general I'm against including video in stories. I do prefer imagination to get the story and myself rolling.

However - for the stories you posted with links included, the links gave a background for the story - it didn't replace the written text for the lazy reader. With such use I will be thankful for the links as they do set up the scene much better than many words would. Watching a one-minute-clip describing a 'private' compactor relieves the reader of ten pages description - which would most likely kill the story.

Regarding the links you included, I think they should be part of a 'preface'. Something like "I watched <this> clip showing .... and got the inspiration for the story. Then I watched <this other> clip showing xxxxx and had my story evolving. I hope you like it." This way I can decide if I want to peek at the links to follow your inspiration or if I just want my imagination working on overload.

The way you did the links in those first trial-runs isn't what I like: I will read the full story and imagine things - then I will watch the clips and realize I got it all wrong.

If someone would make a 'real' movie containing trashcans I might want to see it! And yes, I did say might, as a huge part of my pleasure from fetish-stories is my imagination fitting the written text to my personal desires. If someone did a movie, they would choose the setting - most likely targeting some other weird mind than mine  ;D

But, Daffy, don't ever stop evolving the stories! Some ideas works, others don't. And I'd argue that this one does - in some situations.

TeaSer
You can say I'm a worthless piece of shit - but remember! Even shit has it's value. If you're a fly.

Daffy Duck

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:23:52 pm »
Hi TeaSer,

I think that is why Gromet posted the video links at the end of the three stories, so that readers would not have a 'spoiler-alert' and could still visualise the action from the text alone, and then chose to watch the video if they wish.

As bookworms often say "I watched the film, but it was not as good as the book".

That is not to say I don't appreciate a good action movie, as much as the next person.

Hopefully, this offers something for both.

The feedback to the other videos posted in the Trashcan Discussion, proved popular, so I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks for posting your feedback.

Daffy

je_77de2

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 07:46:03 pm »
I'm always looking for good videos, but they are verry rare because good videos are difficult to make or too dangerous. When you look for them in the Net, you will always find the same few.
Good storrys are much easyer to find because in your imagination you can do things that would kill you in real live.

Offline GarbageBagDiaper

• Loosely Tied
  • I love Dumpsters and garbage and Squishy's :)
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 01:23:25 pm »
I enjoy video's, too but stories are fun like you say, imagine the fun :)
with the garbage, Dumpsters, compactors and garbage trucks :)
Garbage bag Diaper :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk