Author Topic: Prestretched Pallet Wrap  (Read 5994 times)

Offline Gromet

• Retired...
  • Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Prestretched Pallet Wrap
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:38:01 pm »
Originally posted by clingwrapped to the old forum:

A long time ago I asked whether pre-stretched pallet wrap actually gave a tighter wrap or was it simply harder to stretch beyond its initial tension.  No reply was posted so I ordered a case of the pre-stretched wrap to see for myself.  I've used many rolls of 70ga clear wrap and my partner has gotten pretty good at getting it tight.  I'm probably under at least three turns throughout and really have no hope of getting out until she determines it is time.  I've found the wrap snug, but no more compressive than when I am first wrapped.  The pre-stretched stuff starts out more flimsy than the 70ga wrap: I don't know what gauge it is but closer to household saran wrap than my pallet wrap.  The actual wrapping is much easier with the pre-stretched because she isn't pulling as hard.  We typically start with a double reverse around my back and arms to prevent any arm movement from my sides to the front, and then up and down several times.  I don't know what the "pre-stretch factor" would be, but pretty quickly I can tell that I'm getting a compressed wrap that maintains tension throughout my cocooned time.  I do have her wrap over my hands a couple of extra times to preclude any possibility of poking a thumb through the wrap, but that probably isn't necessary.  Even aesthetically the prestretch gives a nicer looking coocon as the wrap does contract some giving a nice very smooth look.  The wrap I ordered was to have a reinforced edge to minimize rolling on the edge but I got a lesser quality wrap without that and there is a tendency for the wrap to roll a little on the top unsecured layer.  If you don't wrap at a steep pitch the rolling may be minimal or non-existent.  That isn't a big deal.  Because the prestretched wrap is thinner it is not as good an insulator as the traditional pallet wrap: you can actually use the stuff during the summer without fear of overheating (fan or AC still a good idea).  Definitely a good buy, I recommend to any pallet wrap devotees to get a roll and give it a try.

Offline Gromet

• Retired...
  • Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Prestretched Pallet Wrap
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »
Reply from MsBehavin
Hi clingwrapped, interesting review, thanks for that. Do you think the lack of stretching and 'give' post wrap might be a problem to those who enjoy self wrapping?
Trish

Offline Gromet

• Retired...
  • Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Prestretched Pallet Wrap
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 04:39:36 pm »
From clingwrapped:
I think using prestretched pallet wrap for a self bondage mummy might be problematic.  The wrap is held in the stretched condition on the roll and slowly contracts a small amount, and the wrap I purchased is quite flimsy, like saran wrap.  Using the technique to wrap a free standing object first, and then to self mummify by rotating about the object would expose the wrap to two opportunities to tighten: the free standing object would be nicely wrapped, but I doubt you could transfer a second time to yourself.  Those that lay out a mat of wrap and then self roll on the mat would probably not have a good experience.  I've not tried either as I am fortunate enough to have a cooperating partner  :).

One option that might work would be to use the prestretched wrap directly off the roll to wrap from chest to ankles and then use one of the other self mummification techniques with unstretched wrap, putting appropriate tension on the wrap as you roll.  You wouldn't get the effect of total mummification with prestretched wrap but your legs will be nice and cozy.

I forgot to mention I'm using wrap that is 18 inches wide.  That doesn't affect anything said above, but that's what my observations are based.

Another concern I had with the prestretch was whether punching a hole in the wrap would result in a run like in a stocking.  It does not, and access to vitals doesn't ruin the wrap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk