Author Topic: Riding a motorcycle in rubber  (Read 6811 times)

rbbrswmmr

Riding a motorcycle in rubber
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »
Last year I got my motorcycle license.

A situation happened that I had to drive home in light rain, wearing my jammer. I was swimming and the sky decided to open up. The feeling of no loose clothing fell weird.

So, it got me thinking, what would it be like wearing a latex catsuit. I would still wear my helmet and boots for safety, but, I would also be wearing the suit. I would do it at night so that people cannot see too much detail as to what I m wearing.

My bike is a black street bike. My helmet is black. The catsuit I want to get is black.

Thoughts?

[attachment deleted by admin]

mr_blam

Re: Riding a motorcycle in rubber
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:16:53 am »
I would say that, honestly, it's a f**king terrible idea. :-(

Don't get me wrong, I think it'll look sexy as anything, but the practicality (or lack of) of it would really outweigh the attraction of it.

Let me explain: latex offers *no* thermal insulation so unless it's a *really* hot day you're going to freeze your bits off. That and you've only got to brush past a hot engine part (such as an exhaust) and you'll melt the rubber and destroy a section of the suit, as well as risk a nasty burn yourself.

Most worrying of all though is if you fall off. You say you'd still wear helmet and boots, but what about the rest of you? Even a low speed fall you're going to slide, and latex has zero abrasion resistance. You' be looking at mild road-rash at least.

TL:DR it's a nice little fantasy, but practicality and road safety common sense says no. Keep latex-on-bikes for static photo shoots only. :(

rbbrswmmr

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:01:50 pm »
I really wish leather was as stretchy, then I could wear that and it would be close.

I figured the heat from the exhaust might be a problem. I know that taking a spill in that would be horrible.

Sometimes my crazy ideas should just remain in the ideas section of my brain.

Offline TeaSer

• Bound & Gagged
  • Overweight underheight danish dominant married man
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 11:17:54 pm »
Being a bikerider myself, I can easily see your attraction.

All Mr.Blame said is of course right, but compared to e.g Greek people we're really pussies. They drive in shorts and t-shirts - often without helmets and on roads that really pushes at least my limits.

I'd say go ahead. Of course drive carefully and of course accept that if you fall, it'll be a mess.

TeaSer
You can say I'm a worthless piece of shit - but remember! Even shit has it's value. If you're a fly.

rbbrswmmr

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 09:36:39 am »
I have driven in a tshirt and jammer, and running shoes.

A long ride, hours long, if it is warm enough, I may only have a tshrt and shorts on, besides hiking boots and helmet.

I guess a better question would be - What would you say if you saw someone ride by you wearing a rubber suit?

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 12:26:11 pm »
What if you rode your bike with somewhat traditional gear on, ie. properly padded riding jacket, riding pants, good boots and helmet as well, (that's what we wear every time, dressing for the crash you never want to have), but underneath you wore the catsuit. It would likely feel deliciously compressing, but it could I guess also form a slippery layer between the suit and your riding gear.

I have gone for an extended ride away from home in little more than my riding jacket and pants, boots and helmet, and I will tell you it's quite a thrill, my textile jacket having zippers and vents all over it, the rush of wind on your bare skin and the way the jacket moves against your tender parts on the rough sections of road just incredible. The inside of my riding pants were slippery on my bare skin on that ride as they are overlarge to accommodate a pair of jeans underneath, so some caution is advised.

It's also fun to arrange a fuel stop at a busy station dressed like that, kind of like wearing a raincoat and heels and about nothing else and going for a walk in the rain, at least for one like myself with some closet exhibitionistic tendencies hidden deep inside.

Ride safe and play safe, Jackie.

Offline TeaSer

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 06:16:19 pm »
Thanks, Jackie - this was exactly what I entered the forum to say today :) As the normal gear is pretty large to accommodate regular clothes, it would feel almost non-existent over the tight catsuit.

And I perfectly agrees with you that being exhibitionistic under e.g. a raincoat will give the thrill of being utterly exposed while still protecting the innocent.

TeaSer
You can say I'm a worthless piece of shit - but remember! Even shit has it's value. If you're a fly.

rbbrswmmr

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:09 am »
I think I would do that to start. Maybe having it on underneath is to, uhm, distracting that going without the riding gear would be beyond my attention span.

I would not do a gas stop. I can only assume what gasoline does to rubber. One drop would be just as bad as the exhaust.

MKPet

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 10:30:11 pm »
Rbbrswmmr, I highly recommend riding in a catsuit! I have taken a ride many times wearing my catsuit under my leather jacket and rubber riding pants and there is nothing quite like it :) like others have said, it's probably not a good idea to have only the latex on but it's a great feeling to have your leather jacket slipping and sliding around over your catsuit. My riding pants are fabric, coated with rubber on the outside so they slide around over it too. Try it out. You'll love it!

Offline TeaSer

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 02:55:56 pm »
It's also fun to arrange a fuel stop at a busy station dressed like that, kind of like wearing a raincoat and heels and about nothing else and going for a walk in the rain, at least for one like myself with some closet exhibitionistic tendencies hidden deep inside.
You might want to break the two things apart, rbbrswmmr - the raincoat and heels at one time and the catsuit under the mc-clothes at another. You could choose some other location for the raincoat and heels - some outdoor market e.g.

TeaSer
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:58:31 pm by TeaSer »

willyjim

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 04:18:23 am »
I've ridden in rubber many times. I ride "stealth" with rubber under my riding clothes. It feels great hitting the back roads enjoying my two best activities....riding and rubber.  Last rip I worn three layers under my clothes.  Felt like a suit of armor. I can suit up comfortably even in hot weather. Once you are moving all is well and the feeling is great.  I almost forget I am rubbered up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk