News:

Welcome to the Plaza Forum, feel free to join in the conversations, leave feedback for authors and enjoy.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Jamboree, October 06, 2026, 09:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamboree

Where do I start?

I'm Rosalina. A Transgender Female from the UK. I've previously written Fan Fiction (I know. Eww) and now i'm here

One of my many interests is anything to do with Trash. And when i saw the Trashcan section. I knew I'd found home.

Smell ya later.
.

Observer

Welcome to the forum!

On fanfiction.  I have never written fan-fiction, because I too felt it was eww.

... and that was a mistake.

Writing has several "components", one of which is creating a world and characters.  In fan fiction, that aspect is partially done for you, so it's easier...

... but everything else you still have to do.  You have to figure out *how* to tell your story - who's the narrator?  What details do you reveal, when?  And you have to write - create prose, have sentences that are fun to read, evocative but not plodding. 

Fan fiction is a great way to train that, so by the time you do have an original story you want to tell, you already know how to write. 

One of the reason why my novel-lenght story is so challenging to write is that well, I don't have that writing practice!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk