Author Topic: Possible website caching problem  (Read 7266 times)

circuit

Possible website caching problem
« on: March 08, 2016, 10:39:02 pm »
Been having a bit of an issue the past half a year or so.  When I check in on the the main page, it will go almost a month without showing any new stories, then suddenly there will be several distinct updates going back several weeks all listed at once.  I've tried manually refreshing as well as emptying my browser's cache, but it doesn't seem to help.  as of writting this on 08.3.16, the most recent update I can see is 16.02.16, and I have no idea if more has been posted since then.

Has anyone else had this problem getting onto the site?

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Possible website caching problem
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:34:28 pm »
Hi Circuit,

I have the same issue, I have to refresh the page to see updates posted since my last visit. However there have been no updates since 16.2.16 as Gromet is away. He will be back around the end of March and updates should resume shortly after. Also it is not unusual to go several weeks or a month between updates, it all depends on Gromets schedule and the number of stories he is receiving from contributing authors.

Offline loras pa6

• Bound & Gagged
    • My Stories
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 11:24:09 am »
Yes I have had the same issue also, I've just worked around it by always refreshing as soon as I come to the site

Daffy Duck

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:58 pm »
I've noticed that since I recently changed to Windows 10, it stopped refreshing until I reset the settings. I reported this problem to Gromet.

Everything 64Fordman said here is also true.

Daffy

Offline loras pa6

• Bound & Gagged
    • My Stories
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 02:38:21 am »
I've noticed that since I recently changed to Windows 10, it stopped refreshing until I reset the settings. I reported this problem to Gromet.

Everything 64Fordman said here is also true.

Daffy

Up until this past weekend I was running Windows XP while experiencing it

amythist

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 04:11:11 am »
well Gromet did post on the 19th of Feb that he would be away from 4 weeks and would be unable to update the site during that time so that could explain the lack of updates, kind of the downside to what is basically a 1 man show, when work gets busy or vacations happen updates may become less frequent

Daffy Duck

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 08:45:41 pm »
Some of us have offered to share the duties, to help out.

But I think Gromet would miss reading stories before he posts them, if he gave it to others to do.

Plus, if the licence is in his name, I can understand him wanting to control what is posted in his name.

ykw

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 04:24:20 pm »
The website has 'Cache Control' switched on (its a web thing that helps load on servers by causing browsers to cache the content)

It is set to 30days, which will mean if your browser may not request new content until its copy expires.
(whilst 30days might be a bit long for the main page) It can easily be overcome by the user by pressing:

Windows: ctrl + F5
Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R
Linux: F5

Good explaination here: http://refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Hope this helps

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk