Author Topic: Jumping to Conclusions  (Read 5466 times)

Offline Eido

• Bound & Gagged
Jumping to Conclusions
« on: September 20, 2023, 06:49:51 am »
I believe I'm a reasonable guy, rational and clear thinking. A recent, seemingly benign event rattled that belief just a little.

I was out of town, in an unfamiliar big box superstore doing some grocery shopping at the end of a long road trip in the USA. Looking around at the signs and displays for the items I needed, I notice a young woman at the front of the store striding purposefully along the main aisle. Even at that distance, I could see her breasts bouncing energetically beneath her shirt and it appeared the t-shirt was the only cover her chest had. I looked away because it's rude to stare. She quickly drew closer, unsurprising considering her speed. I couldn't help glancing back up, in part to read the lettering on her light rust colored shirt. Her face was set in a stern expression. Her eyes were fixed on the back of the store. She looked annoyed. The single word on her shirt, in small white letters:

"obey"

And then she was past me and I was at the turn into the aisle containing the next item on my list. I didn't see her again. I could describe her face, hair, and her shirt, and the impression her chest made beneath her shirt, but she could have been naked from the waist down and I don't think I'd have noticed.

Naturally, after a lifetime of kink attraction and all the baggage that comes with it, for me at least, I jumped to the conclusion that the young woman was a dominant of some sort, running an unplanned errand, or maybe someone had just disappointed her, or she forgot to get something for a rendezvous or a munch or meeting or whatever. I made assumptions based on my bias, not on evidence.

Two days later, the mostly forgotten event pops back into my head with some other realizations. Maybe she was being hazed or initiated by a sorority (I witnessed a slightly more extreme such activity years ago and nearly called the cops) Maybe she lost a bet. Maybe she was doing a dare. Maybe an ugly breakup with a boyfriend or girlfriend that somehow resulted in that shirt being her only wearable attire. Okay, that last one sounds like a writing prompt for a story here...

The point is, when I saw her, I immediately filed the situation as "irate kinky woman shopping" and it took two days for my subconscious to finally poke me in the ribs and say "Here you go dumbass. Maybe you were just seeing what you wanted to see."

This bothers me. I know, mountain out of mole hill and just let it go, but it bothers me.

Eido

Offline jackierabbit1

• Hogtied
Re: Jumping to Conclusions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 10:41:01 am »
I happen to think that two very reasonable people could see the exact same thing (anything really) but come away with two entirely different conclusions. I must admit that I'm curious as to the rest of the story; and yes it could easily make for a good opening paragraph for a story on the plaza...

Not that this is what was happening, but what a distraction if her partners in crime were shoplifting some big ticket items out the door at the very same time, the presumably male guards and most of the patrons looking the proverbial wrong way.

Thanks for sharing, Jackie.

Offline le Bouc

• Committed Relationship
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 04:18:09 pm »
I had a similar experience to yourself years ago at a grocery store. I was by myself shopping when a woman who looked and sounded Eastern European (based on the accent I could hear from far away) stepped out of an aisle, with a cart and a baby in it ahead of me and quite literally took my breath away. She was tall, blond, had strikingly hazel eyes, and quite thin which would have gotten my attention by itself. Her makeup was impeccable and hair pulled up into a wild bun; again, enough to get my attention. But she was clad head to toe in what I could only describe as shiny black fantasy fetish wear and certainly nothing that I would want my wife wearing outside the house unless we were playing at some sort of game or dare. This woman had at least 5 inch pencil thin stiletto heels that were cuffed with small locks at the ankles, leather wrist cuffs (not bondage gear), a form-hugging latex dress that stopped just under her collar bones and a slit up to her knees at the back, a leather waist cincher with silver hardware, a latex or patent leather capelet, and a narrow leather collar around her neck (no ring). She did have a wedding ring on with a rather noticeable diamond.
All eyes (men and women) in the store were on her as she slowly walked across the tile to the checkout. Certainly her dress and heels made it hazardous enough on the hard polished surface. I don't recall how much was in her cart other than she would stop from time to time to babble and amuse her little one (like any normal mother).
I kept looking around to see if there was a man following or watching her (which may seem silly given how she was dressed) but couldn't identify anyone who may have been her husband/boyfriend. She certainly could have been a dominatix but seemed to fit a submissive based on the ankle-cuffed heels and collar. I only saw her those few minutes and while enamored, I was intimidated by how self-assured she was in her appearance and boldness of her outfit. Perhaps that was part of her game too... (I felt a bit guilty lusting after her given that I'm in a very happy, loving, and passionate marriage).
I never saw her again (or at least recognized her) after that day, but continued to check at the market during the same time and day of the week for a few weeks.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 04:23:19 pm by le Bouc »
Use your time well, we're given only so much.

Offline Eido

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 05:03:04 pm »
Reading the responses, thank you le Bouc and Jackie, brought to mind the few other incidents like this scattered over the years. I have lived in the same small southern America city for the last 35 years. In hindsight, I'm surprised to have even had these 'encounters' over the years.

I walked into a classroom a little early one night after work. I was trying to do some self-improvement to enhance my promotion potential. Anyway, I interrupted a conversation about shibari. I'm positive that I heard correctly as the word was repeated several times and there was some context. Three faces turned to me when they finally noticed I had walked in, looking both slightly amused and slightly guilty. I looked at them and not wanting to cause more concern than I already had, I said "What?" and looked down like maybe my shoe was untied or I had food on my shirt. They immediately turned back to each other and began talking about the homework. For a moment I wondered if I had just heard what I wanted to hear, and that might have been the case if I hadn't heard as much as I did. Or maybe I just imagined the whole thing.

Then there was the guy walking with a woman at the mall, back when there still was a mall here. They looked like any young couple taking shopping stroll. Except she wore a collar with a leash clipped to it and he was holding the other end. The best part of this was the reaction of everyone else. A few looks of muted disapproval, one maybe of revulsion. The young couple, who were maybe 10 years younger than me at the time, did a good job of not reacting, though they had to have noticed the wide berth most of the other shoppers gave them. I always wondered what their story was.

Years later, I met a few of my friends after work and we decided to get dinner. We walked into a restaurant that was off the beaten path in our city, and were immediately met by a waitress wearing a black T-shirt emblazoned with the words "I have the pussy. I make the rules" in bright pink. She motioned us toward a back room where we could see a gathering of people, mixed gender and age. The guy that was first through the door, I was behind him and could see and hear everything that was transpiring, said something like, "Oh, no, it's just us. We aren't with any group." The waitress smiled and took us to a table and said she'd be back to get our drink order. As soon as she was gone, we all looked at each other with assorted WTF expressions. One of the others started speaking, "Did I read that right?" and before the conversation could continue, the waitress was back. This time, she wore a white T-shirt with the restaurant's logo. The discussion about her shirt died before it could start, instead there was almost a collective sigh of relief and being the herd of nerds we were, we started talking work. Later, the event in the back room broke up and a large group of folks filed past us on the way out. None of them stood out. I jumped to the conclusion later that the meeting was a munch or some similar gathering. It was the only thing I could think of that fit the evidence.

Last, but the most memorable, once again while out shopping, I got out of my car in a crowded parking lot. My habit was, and still is, to look around for possible trouble before I lock the car. This was in the days before key fob remotes and also cell phones. I was just out of college and had only recently moved to this city. Anyway, the back seat of the car next to me held a hogtied woman. On this, there is no confusion or uncertainty. She was blindfolded as well as tied. Her restraint was not rigorous. She was not bowed backwards at the waist and she was wearing street clothes. I was alarmed, and became even more alarmed at the three women hurrying aggressively toward me. They stopped out of arm's reach, and one had gone around the car so they were on both sides of me, and said something like "It's okay. It's a prank." This did not assure me. To use a more modern expression, I was thoroughly triggered by the scene unfolding around me, and I responded to their aggression with some of my own. "I'm calling the cops," I said. Of course, this meant I'd have to get past at least one of them to get to a phone. It never occurred to me to start yelling and attract the attention of someone else in the lot. Now they looked as alarmed as I probably did. They repeated the claim of a prank and said something about a sorority. I calmed down slightly and said, "I need to hear it from her, or I'm calling the cops." They objected again and I insisted. Finally one of them opened the back door and they all stepped away. Keeping my eye on the one nearest me, who was two or three good steps away, I talked to the woman in the car. She assured me it was indeed a sorority initiation, that she was in no danger, and actually said thank you. I left the door open, locked my own car, and walked away, wanting to be as far from whatever had just transpired as I could get. I was now tightly wound and absent any fighting or running for my life, my adrenaline had no place to go. The girl I walked toward, the one who had circled behind me, got out of the way with alacrity. No one said a word. I didn't make any new friends in the Greek Life crowd, that's for sure. They were gone when I came back to my car. I did wonder later what sort of story they told, if any.

The one other thing these incidents make me wonder about is how they might have led to something else. I am not now, nor have I ever been 'out' about my kinky disposition, except for a couple of ex-girlfriends and my wife, and I never even meant to tell my wife. She found out anyway. Clearly, I've got a lot of baggage in and around that area. I've always wondered what it would be like to be out. I've known people who were, but who also weren't obnoxious about it. If you asked what they did the past weekend, you were as likely to get a story about a ski trip as a story about going to a fetish con. If you nervously changed the subject, like I would always do, they went with the flow. It's water under the bridge now. Especially now that my mailbox is full of AARP solicitations and pamphlets about medicare or long term care insurance.

But I still wonder if the grass would have, or even could have, been greener on the other side of that towering fence.

Eido

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk