Author Topic: Heather in the Highlands by Wingco (Shelley)  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Shelley

Heather in the Highlands by Wingco (Shelley)
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:51:18 pm »
Hi Folks

Another story thought lost on the old forum.
But first a bit of background.

This second part is a darker one, and for those of a sensitive nature I suggest you go no further. As it may, or may not result in the death of the lead character.

It’s written more as a novel, with feeling and sentiment, rather than just hardcore, so if you want that, please try someone else. So bear with me as I explain the reasons.

Heather pt1 was one of my earlier Scotland based stories, long before Jesse and Sophia were created but it has taken me years to write pt2. Mainly because I want to dedicate it to my closest friend Holly who passed away from cancer in 2006.

She and I were the chalk and cheese of our class in Boston. She was the swot, and I mean that kindly, I was the gobby rebel who played hard and rough, yet she and I bonded during our second year because of a mutual love of hockey. Holly, (Captain of course) picked me as goalkeeper as nobody else wanted to do it and our friendship grew from then. I taught her German, she taught me self-belief plus humility, bringing me into her circle of friends so we’d go on to share everything over two crazy decades.

Holly was even in the car when I ran (literally) into the minibus carrying Mike and the rest of his rugby mates. As we sorted our details she’d joked I should pick one and date him! Only six months later at a match, Holly was with a bloke who was a fan, did I meet Mike again, and eventually we got together.

She was my only bridesmaid at our wedding but even then she knew there was something going wrong with her body but didn’t tell a soul. Like too many people these days she ‘wanted no fuss, I’ll be OK,’ and by the time it was diagnosed, well, you can guess the rest. It was horrible watching her fading in only eight weeks, but I’m always glad I was there at the end when she slipped away, holding her hands alongside Ella, a wonderful hospice nurse.

That’s why this story was so hard to finish. At one point when I was really down I almost binned both bits. Thank goodness it was Mike who said I should finish it for her memory.

For anyone out there please get yourself checked regularly. Blokes too, the big ‘C’ does affect you. ‘Man-up’ I now say to everyone, as the last thing I’d want to do is to go through that again to people I love.

That’s all from me for today.

Shelley.
AKA Wingco.
xxx

Heather in the Highlands Pt2.

The ghosts had tormented Heather to the most wonderful orgasms and she lay exhausted on the bed after the last cleaning session. She had no idea of the time now. It felt like she’d been here ages yet her water supply had hardly been touched. The girl sure she’d finished one of the bottles. But they were both full, so was her biscuit box and that was curious knowing she’d eaten all the choccy ones within hours of the hatch going down. Even her waste bucket didn’t smell though clearly she’d used it, the level of antiseptic not changed from when James had filled it.

She jumped on hearing the chain start to rush, knowing James had returned, and for a moment she was disappointed that he’d come to free her. Eventually the doors clattered open and he was there. Dressed as usual, carrying a clear bag containing what looked like the dress she’d worn yesterday.

Coming close as she got up, the pair embracing as best she could as her hands were still cuffed, Heather trying not to cry as his lips met hers. This night had been so special and now freedom…if she wanted it. She paused when James asked her, then to his relief she nodded. His hands reached for the collar and Miss McCreadie sighed as the key was turned and unlocked it. Followed by the rest of her restraints and this time their kiss was a proper one.

For a moment he had a daft idea that she’d ‘gone’ in the head and wanted to remain here for longer. But she began to strip off the dress, folding it up then getting into the modern stuff he’d brought. Finally stepping into the heels and saying she’d like to go ‘home’. He didn’t offer to bind her, and they held hands all the way to the jeep.

That evening lying in James’ bed having had a refreshing bath, the girl again wearing Jen’s nightie she told him what had happened. The ghosts had come for her, thus proving the theory about the spirits. “It was fun, imagining myself in the cell forever. Wrists and ankles chained as well as wearing that collar, it was addictive, and when you shut the hatch I nearly creamed myself. I’ll be a little sore for ages but I was right though. Strangely it’s given me a lot of energy too. Sounds silly but I feel my batteries had been running down the last few months, now I’m fine.”

He smiled in the darkness and asked her just how much energy she had, the fact she could ‘hear’ him smiling at the loaded question was enough and her hands reached for his shorts. “Enough to give you a shock matey, but be gentle with me tonight, OK?” she grinned as their lips met, his hands easing the dress up.

It was a tearful Heather McCreadie who bid James goodbye next morning. She knew time was passing and she had to get home to Ft William, though they promised to keep in touch. Kelvin and June arrived the following evening and found the lad busy in the yard, though he seemed a little distracted. But as he’d been alone for the last week since Heather and the other couple had gone they left him to it.

That night he was in the office when Kelvin said Heather was on the telephone. He managed to control his emotions as he came in quickly to speak to her, that lovely voice echoing down the line, the girl saying she’d safely arrived back in Ft William and thanking him for what he’d done. Kelvin overheard him wishing her well, the old lad grinning in the kitchen as June chided him for being nosy. “Hmmm, nice lass that Heather,” he said when James came into the room. He saw his son pause, then grin and go red before turning away.

Kelvin knew…you couldn’t hide that sort of stuff from your father and before bedtime he came to see his lad. Having done a walkround of the farm and not able to find fault anywhere. James was making a good job of this. But he did want answers. Coming in to the office where the youngster was busy with paperwork. Placing a coffee cup on James’ desk. “How long?” he asked, the lad freezing for a moment.

“Heather left yesterday morning, and yes, we did, alright?” was his reply, turning to see his dad smiling at the boy’s discomfort. Not cruelly, but knowing all the same. “Good lad, if you’d lied to me I’d have kicked your ass off of the farm. I’m damn proud of what you do here,” he said, giving the youngster a warm hug. As he left the room…

“And yes James, she’s welcome back anytime,” he said, the boy had a grin on his face at that. “Does mum know?” was a reply and Kelvin nodded. “Yes, she knew straight away, even before the phone call came,” and the boy looked puzzled. Dad smiled now, “Heather has a penchant for chocolate biscuits and there was a pack in the larder, now there aren’t any. I know you don’t like them…so there.”

And return Heather would, months later in September.

Chapter 2.

Somehow the girl knowing that June and Kelvin were away on holiday in Spain, the first time they’d left Scotland for years. James was working in the yard when he saw a familiar figure coming down the drive, pack on its back, those slim but firm legs and a tired but oh so cheeky smile as she got closer.

Dropping his toolbox he rushed up and greeted her. Kissing Heather, rubbing Heather, thrilled Heather was once more in his arms. Interrupted by a sheepdog sticking its’ wet nose between them. “Gerroff you silly bitch,” he said as they both laughed. Heather squealing as he then spoke to the dog! Giving the animal a shove to one side so he could hold the girl again.

She too was pleased to see him and their chat that night was of…how they’d missed each other. Most holiday romances are just that and until today they’d only occasionally spoken on the phone. Both were just too busy with work. But now…

He made dinner while she sorted her washing out and had a bath for the first time in three days, the girl planning to be here all week and some of the next. But once they’d dined and were cuddling on the lounge sofa she told James something that alarmed him. Despite her outward appearance Heather was very ill and that was why she’d come.

“Since that night in Claggan that I’d said recharged my batteries I’d been OK, until three months ago when I collapsed without warning. I just get so tired, really listless and sometimes I just cannot feel the urge to do anything. Yet this week I’ve been OK travelling up here on the coach, and today I managed to walk right from Ullapool to Braemore. Eleven miles with full backpack. So damn frustrating when it happens. I still work at the shop with the other girls but the medics are baffled when I can do things one day yet not the next. They know there is something wrong with my innards because of the bloodwork figures but the other tests prove nothing. So I hoped, James, that having come here to be with you…”

“That you’d let me spend another night downstairs in the castle. See if that helps.”

James stared at her, the girl looking back, eyes pleading with him not to deny her the chance. Smiling when he nodded, breaking down in tears and they came for a hug and kiss. “Not tonight though?” he asked and she grinned, not resisting as he placed both hands on her waist, easing Heather towards the bedroom. A wonderful night of gentle sex followed and by the end of it he’d promised to help Miss McCreadie do anything she could.

Next morning he began preparations while she slept on. Nipping over to Dornoch and buying a single sized bed. No way was he going to leave her lying on an old straw one again. This was taken straight to Claggan and installed, pleased the place was exactly as found. More food and water, plus the bucket were placed where they’d been before. He also found the keys to the doors and after an hours work got those locks functional as well.

Returning home to see Heather in the yard dressed as normal, playing with the sheepdog. She beamed on seeing him and they kissed and hugged. The girl pleased to hear what he’d done up at Claggan. “OK then, we’ll go up there tomorrow. I’m feeling good again today so we’ll do some work, if you want?”

The pair did so, Heather able to drive the tractor again, though once past lunchtime the girl said she was tiring rapidly and could she go inside. He took her back to the house, leaving her in the lounge on the sofa wrapped in blankets. James amazed at how quickly she’d deteriorated. “See, that’s how annoying it is for me,” she murmured as a coffee cup was handed over. James looked into her eyes and saw how dull they’d become and he was appalled.

He said little else, except a gentle scold at the fact this could have happened yesterday during her walk to get here. She did have a SOS pendant given to her by the hospital. If she’d collapsed anywhere in the UK all Heather had to do was to press the red button on the front. This would activate a GPS alarm and somehow the emergency people could find her. “It’s designed for pensioners,” she shrugged sadly, “but I don’t think I’m going to get that old.” So now he told her off for being morbid, the girl nodding ruefully, getting a hug and kiss at the end as an apology.

They didn’t make love that night, though she did ‘borrow’ Jen’s nightie and the couple faded away together. Next day she was tired first thing, though she cooked their meals and did some housework, remaining inside until it was time for them to go to the castle. She didn’t ask to be bound, nor did he offer and before long the pair were there. Seeing Heather’s eyes light up as she stepped through the doorway, a pat of the stonework as they went downstairs.

He said little while helping Heather dress, then securing the collar and the lass brightened, hearing that lock click shut, “That’s better,” she murmured, holding both wrists out for the manacles. “Oh by the way I’ve got all the door locks working too,” he said and she was delighted as he did her ankles too. “Great, I really WILL be secure then,” Heather replied. They had a long kiss then he left, doing the doors, quietly sealing the hatch up and leaving Miss McCreadie to the ghosts, the guy praying they’d do something to help her.

Chapter 3.

Arriving back to Heather’s room the next afternoon it only took one look at her eyes to know it HAD worked. They were gleaming in the candlelight, not the tired dull glint from last night but proper life showing there. Standing by the edge of the bed, waiting for him and he hurried over. Giving the girl a very gentle hug and kiss, hands clasping and he was relieved. But on producing the keys she shied back a moment, asking him to wait. Saying yes, the ghosts had visited her, and she felt…a little better. But she would prefer a second night ‘just to be sure’. He paused then agreed, asking her if she wanted to go upstairs for a brief walk around before he left.

Heather agreed and he unlocked her collar, then undid the ankle cuffs but she refused to let him do her wrists. “No, not these, I have to keep wearing some of my restraints and the dress too. To keep the spirits assured that I’m safely bound to them…well I want to as well,” she replied to his unasked question. He said nothing before he led the girl upstairs; starting with the room containing the manacles so her eyesight could stabilise. After that they proceeded up the main tower and outside so she could watch the sun go down. She sighed and smiled, not flinching as he wrapped his arms round her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

Remembering what she’d said James had brought the ankle cuffs up. Offering to secure her leg to a ring on the roof so he could unlock her wrists and allow the girl to hug him properly. This was done to her left ankle. “There, you’re plugged in and charging,” he joked reaching for her hands, hoping to see her… Only for Heather to snatch her arms back with a scowl, saying he should not be making fun of her like that. James paused and realised he’d gone too far as she turned away, leaning on the ramparts.

She began to cry softly now, facing the sun, ignoring him till he slid his arms around her waist again and apologised. “I’m sorry…love. Guess this is hard for both of us,” and she nodded, saying sorry in reply then allowing him to free her wrists, turning to get the embrace he wanted and they remained there, holding and stroking each other till only a faint light was glowing to their west.

They said little else until Heather turned and asked him the one question he feared might come. “James, it’s time to be realistic honey. If this does work and I do feel better, then we both know it’ll only be a while before I need to return here. And it will surely get worse. That’s how my luck is. I might have to spend a week or more downstairs, or at least secured within the walls of the castle. Would you promise to stand by me, and if things really got bad…”

“Would you be prepared to keep me here…forever?”

His eyes blurred with tears at the thought of her incarcerated in Claggan, his fault that she was there and for a moment he wanted to say no chance. But he thought long and hard, knowing she was right. The medics couldn’t do a thing for her. Maybe the castle was her only hope. He’d have to work out how to plan visits to keep her fed and watered, it was going to be tough to keep it a secret from his parents too. Heather looked at him, her eyes again with silent pleading for him to do the right thing.

“OK. I’ll pray it works tonight but should you need to come back, then I promise you now Heather that I’ll do it.” He replied, getting a slobbery kiss and hug as reward before Heather said she was getting cold. He did the wrists and made to lead her away…until the ankle cuff tugged her back. “You forgot to…unplug me,” she chuckled and this time they both smiled. “Touché love,” he said and got a poke for his trouble.

Taking her downstairs carefully, the girl hitching her dress up so she wouldn’t trip over on it. “How women got anything done in the old days I don’t know,” she grumbled with a faint sigh as they reached the bottom and she could let go. They entered the room and she headed for the bed, sitting down and flexing her legs, having stood for most of the last two hours. James came over with the collar and she prepared her hair. The lock was engaged with that ‘clunk’ and the couple stared at each other…and then she laughed.

“Plugged in again,” they chorused and she slapped his leg as he reached for the ankle cuffs. Once she was secure he helped Heather lie down then laid a blanket over her. “Thanks, love,” she whispered and got a kiss. James asking if she had enough food and water. She wriggled up onto an elbow and told him to open the biscuit box and help himself to one then close it. He looked quizzically until she told him why.

“First time I pigged out on a few, then when I opened it up again, it’d refilled itself. So I tested it this morning. Whatever is eaten, gets replaced after I close the lid. Same for my drinking bottles…it must be…them doing it. The candles don’t go down either,” she added, James knowing she meant the ghosts were doing this for her.

He selected a lump of shortbread, handing her ‘the usual choccy?’ as she blushed, then closed the lid. Waiting a few minutes then opening it again…to see it was full to the top. “So I won’t starve, OK?”

James agreed and then said he had to go, kissing Heather goodnight before closing the door and locking it. Bolting last then the others, the hatch last before he went home hoping she’d be sitting alongside him tomorrow. Once in his room he stared at Jenna’s nightdress hanging where Heather had left it. He picked it up, the faint smell of Miss McCreadie’s scent still on the silky material. Stuffing a couple of pillows into the body James went to bed cradling it in his arms and crying like never before at the fact he might lose her if this failed.

The longest day of his life followed as he worked tirelessly cutting peat up the track. Way more than expected and would save him a lot of time over the next few weeks. A week to dry out then he could bag it up. Finally as it was getting towards sunset he returned to Claggan, hurrying down and getting the hatch open, doors unlocked and into her room to find… her waiting, arms out in front. Those eyes sparkling in the light and he couldn’t help himself, unlocking one wrist then rushing into her arms. “Same again tonight?” he asked, trying not to show relief when she said no, she was fine now. For the first time in ages her stomach didn’t ache, nor was she short of breath. “Except when you snog me!” she grinned.

He couldn’t stop smiling as she helped him close up the castle then drove home, Heather assuring him that if she took things easier now then she’d manage. “Maybe no more distance walking, the odd stroll instead.” Arriving back to Braemore she went inside while he went to feed the dogs and do his checks. She was waiting for him when he returned; leading James into the bedroom and pointing to Jen’s pillow stuffed nightie with a questioning glance.

The lad blushed. Admitting that he’d taken it to bed last night, pretending it was her. Heather came close and the pair broke down in tears, only drying up a long while later. “Well I’ll be in it the rest of this holiday, alright?”

Chapter 4.

And she would, as for the next week Heather remained at Braemore, alongside James as much as she could get away with. The only time when he was high up on the hillside doing some drystone walling in scorching hot October sunshine. Leaving her naked in the barn except Jen’s high heels and tied to the pillar…because she’d asked to be!

This time he made it really special, using every cord possible. Loops round her ankles, above and below Heather’s knees then more tying her to the piller itself. Many round her waist and others above and below her breasts plus a few over the shoulders, pinning the girl firmly before he’d finished off with her cross-bound wrists. “Oh goodness,” she’d groaned but the lassie said it was wonderful…until James said he hoped Wally wouldn’t look in the barn as he was coming to deliver some supplies later on and feed the dogs! It made her tremble a lot but he could also smell the arousal as he finished Heather off with a gag and blindfold, also placing plugs in her ears.

He came back four hours later and found a hot sweaty mess. Heather wheezing behind her gag and she’d squealed when he’d touched her. Naturally with her ears plugged she hadn’t heard the jeep returning. The earplugs were removed and…“Anything to say before a severe punishment is handed out?” he joked undoing the gag and giving her a drink seeing she was ‘glowing’ and probably needed it.

“Yeah, one of your bloody dogs is a lesbian,” Heather gasped once able to talk properly. Explaining that she’d been dripping a bit because of the excitement of being so tightly bound and the animal had taken advantage of her for at least two hours! “Read a story once about that. Never assumed…” Heather grinned before he untied her, saying it was time she went inside and had a shower then made their tea.

They made love most nights though he made sure she wasn’t getting too tired with the exertion. But she was fine, doing her best to help him where possible. Only during the second week did he seem worried when one afternoon Heather said she ‘was getting a little weary’ thus spending the rest of the day on the sofa. So the next day found them back at Claggan where he’d planned a bagging up session of last week’s cuttings.

James arranged for Miss McCreadie to stay at the castle up in the tower. Getting a long cable secured to a roof ring, the other end on her ankle. A deckchair so she could sit outside but if it rained, the chain would allow her to go one level down. That was more than enough and she’d agreed. Heather enjoyed her day there, only slightly concerned when a jet flew low over the place. She hoped it didn’t have on-board cameras or the Air Force might have got some interesting pictures. But she had a little tanning session because she’d stripped before he’d secured her, though she did hide her legs under a towel so the band of the manacle wouldn’t show up!

Coming back to free her after work he found Heather happy. The ‘top-up’ had done her good, the pair having a kiss and grope after coming downstairs. But before leaving she wanted him to experience the ghosts for himself. She’d ‘talked’ to them while alone and they’d seemed happy with the way James was looking after her. He didn’t have the nerve to say he didn’t believe it and went along with what she wanted. “Got the other keys for the manacle room?” she’d asked, smiling when he said they were on a bench downstairs. Fetching them and returning to see her in there…ready and waiting.

James soon had her locked into position, blindfolded and gagged, his hands ‘warming her up’ as they called foreplay. Then he slid into her body, feeling her shuddering as he began rocking back and forth. His rod hard and true, really starting to pace himself to give her the best experience as she gripped him. Her hands opening and closing as he stoked her fires.

He’d never felt this energetic after a long day’s work and he kept going until Heather exploded into the most intense orgasm she’d ever had with a real human. Even his efforts during the week were not this good. He kept pounding and finally he too came, the guy almost seeing stars as he unloaded himself into her. Finally they disengaged, the girl hanging in her bonds and it took a while for him to recover enough to free her. Easing Heather gently to the floor and wrapping her up till she came round and smiled at him. “See, that’s what I mean.” She said and he nodded.

The holiday was soon over and he drove Heather to Ullapool to catch her coach south. A last hug and emotional kiss by the vehicles’ door before getting a toot from the impatient driver! He hoped she’d not need another session at Claggan as she gently waved to him.

Chapter 5.

In fact the next time they met was at Christmas. James having accepted an invite to spend the festive period in Ft William while his parents and Wally looked after the farm. “You need a break laddie, see folks your own age rather than us old fogies,” Kelvin said when he’d first spoken about the invitation and he’d have a wonderful time there.

Introduced to Heather’s housemates who all thanked him for however he’d got the girl healthy again. “Its our clean country air, not like you townies!” he retorted to much laughter when the subject was raised one night as they sat on the sofa. Heather nestling under his shoulder and looking so content. Her room had a double bed too and the others didn’t mind when she’d taken his bags in there on arrival. “Cannot have you drooling over him,” she chuckled as Sarah and Janice had been eyeing him up, Marcia, the engaged one doing her best not to stare either. One night when they were alone together he produced some cord and tied her to the bedframe, the lovemaking that followed producing squeals that would have woken her flatmates had they been at home!

Christmas morning Heather took him for a walk alone, her chunky boots making short work as it had snowed a little. Down by the waterfront they had a kiss then Miss McCreadie said she had a gift for him. Opening a little box and producing two rings and he stared. “These belonged to my parents, the only things of theirs I ever kept when I sold the house. James, it’s been great what you’ve done for me. I want you to have Robert’s wedding ring. This isn’t going to be an engagement or anything daft. I know I’ll not have the strength to get married and all that, but I’d still like you to have it, alright?”

His eyes blurred but he nodded, slipping the ring onto the correct finger. Heather doing the same and they clasped hands, the metal touching and jumped as a little spark gave them both a shock. “There, even the ghosts approve love,” he chuckled and she smiled before they had a long smooch then headed back.

The rest of the holiday passed peacefully enough. Lots of short walks and she showed James where she worked, meeting Janice’s dad Kyle, who owned the place. Getting thanks from the guy and several free pairs of workboots for ‘taking care of missy for us’.

He returned in high spirits and his parents guessed something unusual had happened. James explained and showed them the ring. “Wow,” June exclaimed but thankfully didn’t wonder aloud if Heather was about to move here as a prospective daughter-in-law. She assumed it was more a token of friendship between the youngsters, not knowing the rings were real silver and worth a fortune. The boy did however break the news that Heather had been very ill during the year and that the medics didn’t have a clue what to do with her. “She may make it, she may not. Missy and I know this and that’s maybe why she wants to stay in Ft William with the others. It’s nothing against us but she knows what’s’ right for her.” The elders accepted that and they didn’t mention her name again.

Chapter 6.

Unfortunately she didn’t and James was alone at the farm when a letter arrived in late April, the others away in Aberdeen for the imminent arrival next week of Jenna’s first baby. The news was shattering and for him what he’d always feared. It was from Janice’s father saying the medical people had finally diagnosed Heather had a very rare form of cancer, the first time this had been detected in a European, no wonder they’d not worked it out.

But sadly it had also spread to her organs and she possibly only had a month if that, left, and wanted to see him. A phone call to Wally was all it took and James raced the miles to Ft William and arrived at dusk. The lad a little hurt that she’d not been in contact herself. Only finding out that like last time she’d been perfectly fit, then one night three weeks ago the others heard a dreadful screaming coming from her room, broke the door down and found their friend collapsed on the floor in agony.

She’d been in intensive care for most of the time since then and it’d taken this long for Janice’s father to track down James’ farm at Braemore. But now, having been ‘written off’ by the medics she’d been placed in a hospice by the authorities, as Kyle put it. ‘Till she pops off and stops costing them money’. The old lad also telling James that the place she was in was up for sale by its owners and basically she was ‘holding them up’. “There’s only one guy there most of the time, the last nurse was sacked a week ago, we, that’s Jan myself and the other two girls have to do the scutwork. It’s outrageous what’s occurring, probably illegal too,” he’d stormed.

James too was furious, not with Kyle, but the attitude of the medics. He wondered whether to try and get her back to Claggan, but first he had to see her. Janice warned him it wasn’t a pretty sight and went in alone first to let Heather he was here. Coming out a few minutes later amazed. “She really sparked up when I said you’d arrived. Heather even smiled at me, a bit crookedly mind but she did, honest. So go in buddy, and work your ‘country’ magic on her.” He grinned, gave Jan a hug then went in.

He was glad of the warnings as Heather did look terrible at first glance, pale, thin with sunken eyes, shaking slightly as she reached out and their fingers touched. No spark this time because she wasn’t wearing her ring, but she felt his there and smiled as he sat down. “I’m so sorry,” she whispered over the rumble of the traffic outside. "I’d hoped we’d got over this love…and I think we’re too late.” The explanations that the aches and tiredness had returned just after New Year but she’d hidden it. “I didn’t want to be a pest or burden to the others anymore, or have the damn doctors prodding and poking me.”

James nodded but was amazed when she asked him to do something special. She wanted him to help her escape and take her to Claggan. He shook his head and she frowned. “But you promised me James, you promised,” she said accusingly, her voice rasping as those lungs tried to kill her a little more.

He couldn’t break that promise. He’d been taught by Kelvin to honour his word so he called Janice in, asking her to get the others and Kyle here as well to hear what he was planning. Only if there were total agreement amongst her friends would he go through with it, mainly because it meant falsifying official documents and concealing Heather’s death.

They arrived and he laid it out. Tomorrow night he would return and collect her. Taking the girl away to a place only he and her knew where. He needed Kyle to help him cover the move. The old lad was right up for it. “Aye laddie. My doctor knows what’s going on here. Lucy’ll sort out your… well sorry lassie, your death certificate,” he said as Heather sat up in bed, a slight grin on her painfully thin face as her friends planned to break more laws in one night than she’d achieved in her lifetime so far. It shook her a little and she needed a hug from Janice before the plotting continued.

He knew an undertaker who owed him favours so her funeral would be sorted; the hospice would pay for it under the threat of being exposed for the way they’d treated her. “Wow, I’m impressed,” Heather said and the others agreed, trying not to wince when she coughed. Telling her friends to dispose of her clothing as they saw fit. She’d never been one for fashion unlike them. “Keep what you want and junk the rest. OK?” more nods of agreement. James said he’d bring something ‘nice’ from home for her to wear for the journey to Braemore, as she was to spend the next couple of days there while he ‘made preparations.’

That too was all right and they filed outside for a moment, leaving Heather and James alone. “Thanks love, now I need to go. Seven PM tomorrow, understand. Now don’t ‘pop off’ before I get back,” and she smiled wryly at that, a kiss and she was asleep before the door was closed.

Kyle met him outside, shaking James hand and giving him an envelope. It was obviously money and for a moment he wanted to refuse. “It ain’t much. But I know you farmer types need it more than I do,” he said, forcing the lad to take it, gripping James’ fingers around it. “It’ll more than cover your fuel back home, and, if miracles happen and she does live on, I guess it’ll keep her in chocolate biscuits for a while!” and they both grinned. A man-hug followed then James left.

Chapter 7.

Somehow he made it home, had a sleep then after breakfast went to Claggan and spent an hour there in the workshop. Then he drove back to Ft William arriving at six, going to Heather’s former home to see the others. It appeared she wanted to be brought here briefly by Kyle and Janice to privately say her goodbyes to them, then James would take over and they’d go direct to Braemore.

The wait was endless but at 7:15 he heard the door open and his heart trembled, knowing she was here. Coming in to see the dressing gown clad figure with Janice holding her tightly as she was hardly able to stand. Taking Heather into the girl’s old room, already clear of any sign she’d lived there for the last two years. Jan re-emerged saying she wanted the clothes and James handed over a bag. It had been the skirt-suit and boots Jenna had worn in her mid-teens to go to church. Smaller than her current stuff it fitted Miss McCreadie perfectly, the lad pleased his sister was a horder and never threw old gear away.

Janice did a fine job and Heather looked almost normal as she stared at her reflection. Jenna’s suit was great and the pair was pleased. “James once said it was a shame I didn’t glam-up. This’ll please him,” she said, for once strong enough to brush her own hair. Wanting to prove to the others ‘I’ve not lost my marbles yet’ Miss Lafferty almost wept as they held hands before leading Heather in to see the others who’d now arrived home.

It was an hour of tears; hugs and tender kisses all round and so on as Heather bid her lifelong friends’ farewell. “Please remember our good times, even the bickering if you must Sarah,” she chuckled, the girl going red as the others smiled and more hugs were doled out. “When I walk out of the door, I only want you to think of the wonderful parties we had together, alright?” she said and the others agreed to do that as she assured them James knew what to do.

But time was always ticking and finally she headed for the door, a last blown kiss and Kyle led her out. Trying to ignore the sobbing coming from the others once they were in the corridor. James was there, greeting the girl with a hug as Mr Lafferty had his last say. Telling James everything had gone to plan, taking his phone number, as he’d have to be ‘contacted’ about the arrangements. Kyle gave Heather a kiss and wished them well. The girl to the end thinking about her friends, asking Mr Lafferty to take care of them all.

James got the jeep a few miles out of town before stopping, saying he had something for the journey if she wanted it. She nodded, surprised when he pulled out a pair of wristcuffs from the glovebox. Telling her they were fresh from Claggan’s workshop, hoping that… and she nodded. “Yeah, it might ‘top me up’ for a couple of days I guess,” she said with a pale grin. He showed her these were padded as he’d worked out how to do them, same as a new collar and leg cuffs, still at the castle. She held them for a moment, then asked him to put them on, also showing him she was once more wearing her mother’s wedding ring. The clunks made her jump and she settled back in her seat as he covered Heather up with a blanket. “Yeah,” she whispered, tugging her arms as he kissed her, “Feels’ fine to me.”

They made it home well after midnight and he took her straight to bed, dressing her in Jen’s nightie and the pair cuddled all night. The girl trembling a little at what was to come, but no longer scared. Telling this to James and also confirmed she’d be staying at least a couple of days before…leaving. That making the lad grip a little tighter, trying not to cry.

The next day she was able to walk around unaided, somehow finding reserves of strength that amazed James. She couldn’t do much but was relieved to be somewhere quiet and a sense of normality, playing with the dogs when they came in for food. “Wonder which one it was who ‘had’ me,” she’d chuckled to him remembering that day last year. Eating wise Heather could only manage soup and soft foods, but loving her breakfast porridge so much she’d even started to put some weight back on. James did a decent omelette on the day for both of them when the girl reluctantly said it was ‘time’.

Chapter 8.

She was happy as they came down the track that evening, five days after the escape from the hospice. Heather bound and blindfolded as before. To her it was fitting she’d not see daylight again when he’d said it was time they left. Now he knew why she’d asked him to wait until darkness had fallen. James not believing she’d go through with it.

But the girl had been adamant and he’d reluctantly agreed after a great and wonderful session in bed that afternoon, amazed that somehow she’d had the stamina. They’d had lunch and he’d left Heather in the lounge when she’d called him in. Asking him to make love to her, assuring James she’d be fine. They’d done so, he’d been gentle enough and she’d smiled right through it. Now he listened to her raspy breathing, the soft rattling of her diseased lungs as the girl sat there with the faintest of smiles on those kissable lips.

Having had her bath he’d left her alone in his room to dry off while he did some office work, missing her secret trip to her ‘old’ one. Then she’d come into the kitchen dressed in Jen’s former Sunday best suit and boots again, carrying the cords and blindfold. Patting the dog’s head as the animal wondered what was going on. Saying she wanted her last memories of modern life to be of a happy place where someone had really cared for her.

He almost broke down at that, giving a long hug and kiss before doing her bidding, having again asked her did she want to be bound for the journey. Not too tight please but said it was what she wanted him to do. James carefully tied both wrists and then did the waist loops. Showing Heather to a mirror with another from behind so she could check the knotwork for herself. “You’re right honey, it does look fashionable,” she chuckled, managing not to cough. Then he’d come close with the blindfold, Heather looking around then smiling and nodding. He wrapped her eyes, feeling her tremble as he did the last knot. “That’s lovely,” she’d whispered and got a kiss. “OK James, it’s… time for us to go,” Heather said and he’d led her carefully to the jeep.

This time he brought Heather all the way downstairs, his hands clamped round her waist for support. Gently talking her through each step all the way to her room. He was still assuming this was some sort of mistake. But she’d muttered, ‘thank you’ on sniffing the air and knowing she was now ‘here’ as he removed the blindfold then untied her. The girl smiled seeing where they were then stripped off and bagged the suit, taking her dress where it had been placed and getting into it. Heather sighing as the last of the hooks-and-eyes had been fastened, the girl trying not to be upset that this last time she’d had to ask James to help her do the final ones behind her shoulders.

Now was the moment as she stood, clad in the dress and awaiting the thick collar and the rest of her restraints, inspecting the new padding. James nodded and she stepped forward, trembling as it was clicked tight around her throat, the twist of the key and Miss McCreadie knew she was at last safely bound to the castle. He saw her face brightening once he’d snipped the end off the key, then use his soldering iron to weld the little stub into the rest of the collar. She arranged her hair, looking so angelic now, despite shadows under her eyes that she’d done her best to disguise with Jen’s make-up.

“Thank you honey,” she said quietly, holding her hands out, James walking into her embrace and this time it was him who broke down. Her arms holding his torso, rubbing him gently till he’d stopped. Murmuring into his ear that she’d be fine, that he was doing the only thing they could think of, and so on. She made James promise not to mourn her, though he knew that could never happen. He wore that ‘wedding’ ring, so swore to her he’d never lose it. But this was only postponing the inevitable.

He stepped away and took the wrist cuffs from her bed. Applying them then doing the same procedure with his iron. Lastly her legs received the treatment; she didn’t flinch when he’d rubbed her thighs, coming up to see that gentle smile he was going to miss so badly. “There, all…done,” he said and she said nothing, a faint nod all she could come out with.

Coming up he saw Heather’s eyes closing as another bout of pain tore through her. The girl wincing for a moment before she touched his arm, now opening hers again, the faint signs of tears as they came together for the last hugely emotional kiss and rub. Now both youngsters in floods, James wishing he could persuade Heather not to continue as he held her shuddering body. He had bolt-cutters in the jeep. With a few snips he could free her, but the guy knew deep down it was only Claggan that might save her life now.

There was nothing else to do except help Heather onto the bed and swing both legs across. Easing her around till she was sitting up, allowing the girl to adjust her collar while he brushed her hair to a fine gloss. Then he helped Heather lie back, tidying her dress then laying a blanket over her body. Their hands briefly clasped, the rings touching then James knew it was…time.

“Goodbye Heather, God bless you honey,” he whispered, kissing her forehead, eyes prickling when she didn’t reply, hers already closed. Those manacled hands together in front of her waist as if she was praying.

Unlike the first time he didn’t slam the door to torment her. Instead the freshly oiled bolts were quietly slid across, the big old key turning in the lock with a solid ‘clunk’ then he did the two in the corridor before going upstairs to secure the hatch. This chain had been lubricated same as the bolts and he carefully got the thing running. The lump of metal coming down, sealing a beautiful girl below it for all time, the last ‘thump’ sending a shudder of pain through James’ body now…as he wondered if he could do the final bit as she’d requested.

Emerging into the darkness it took a while for him to find it, the little metal pipe way out in the field. Nearly fifty feet away from the wall, and directly above where his beloved Heather now lay, waiting for him to drop all the door keys down the vent. Only then could Miss McCreadie know she was safe.

Lying there, her ears listening for the screech, smiling as it came when he unscrewed the weathered top. Then it came, bump, bump, tinkle tinkle…whoosh thump. The three keys on their ring, landing on the cushion placed below the vent. Now she knew things would be all right for her. Heather fingered her wedding ring and wished James the best luck in the world.

She was locked deep underground, behind several inches of metal, fifty feet of earth, oh and she wore three sets of restraints permanently binding her to the place and its spirits.

If this didn’t…save her life then nothing would.

Heather McCreadie was now the Guardian of Claggan Castle.

The End...?

Offline Shelley

Re: Heather in the Highlands by Wingco (Shelley)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:57:35 pm »
In this part James decides he cannot leave the past behind.

Heather in the Highlands Pt 3.

Chapter 1.

He had to check. To see whether the ghosts had done their magic or not. Only James had felt guilty at not having told Heather that he’d made imprints of the keys before tossing the originals down the vent.

That’d had been the worst part of the whole thing for him. The symbolism of throwing those keys away thus imprisoning her for all time. So six months after he’d attended her ‘funeral,’ along with his parents in Ft William, he was actually going to see if her body needed to be disposed of. It was a hot October afternoon and he’d packed a picnic, planning to…well hoping to share it with her.

Arriving at Claggan his heart was already pounding, the same way it always did on sighting the ruin, but as today he was going inside this was different and in a way he didn’t know whether to continue. If she was dead, then so be it, but if Heather really was alive…that might cause more problems for both of them. He had enough to deal with at the moment already.

Most times he’d just driven past on his way to the peatbeds. Only the first, the occasion when all three of the family had been present to witness James scattering the ‘ashes’ Kelvin had provided did his parents see just how much he’d thought of Miss McCreadie. They’d arrived back from Aberdeen the night before the funeral, not even knowing she’d ‘died’. Only his devastated face greeting them had silenced the pair. June’s plan to show him the delightful pictures of their newest arrival were halted.

The three had travelled to Ft William for the service and only then, talking to Janice did Kelvin find out from the concocted story they’d agreed on that Heather had ‘died’ in James’ arms the week before. He pledged right then to look after the lad as best he could during the following months. His boy had been grief-stricken at first but used time to work off his sorrow and the farm would prosper as a result. The photo of Miss McCreadie taken by him up the tower at Claggan Castle during that first magical holiday then made an appearance in his bedroom. Anytime he needed space away from the farm he would tell the others he was off to visit ‘Heather’s place’

Today he was going to see if she was really there!

Parking up he grabbed torches and stuff then went downstairs, pleased to see the place was as he’d expected. Even the manacle room was intact, though he knew where the keys were for those ones. Spraying oil onto the hatch chain James hauled up on it. The massive lump slowly rising up to the side. James quietly eased the two wedges into place to support it then nervously approached the first of the locked doors.

Sliding the key into the lock he prayed it’d work, sighing with relief as it clicked and so the bolts followed and James went through, doing the same to the second door and finally he stood outside Heather’s cell. Sniffing the air and relieved there was no smell of decaying corpse. He looked through the bars, the candles burning as before and he saw…

Chapter 2.

Ever since those keys had rattled down the pipe Heather McCreadie had prayed like never before for something to happen. The first night being the worst as the ghosts never came for her. She’d felt really grim, stomach cramping, lungs burning her alive and at one point Heather begged for something to take her away from this before passing out. So was surprised to wake later with only a slight pain running through her body. Had they been after all?

With no sense of time Heather worked on ‘sleeps,’ using a nail and scratching lines into the wall above her bed. Like in cartoons of prisoners ticking off the ‘days-til-release’. Though the thought that she’d never leave here had driven Miss McCreadie into hysterics at one point on her seventh period of ‘wake’ as she called it. Smashing her fists into the wall, tugging the restraining bolt there then trying to get the chain off her collar. But James’ handiwork was too good so another ‘day of despair’ began for the girl. 

By ‘wake’ ten she no longer ached, in fact Heather felt quite good. Starting to realise she was putting some weight on again. If only she’d got James to leave her sandwiches or something else instead of just biscuits and cake. “Guess he assumes I’ll be dead by now instead of almost cured!” she grumbled. “I wonder what my ‘funeral’ was like?” a faint grin in the darkness of her humour.

The ghosts came for her days later as she lay there. Though at first Heather thought she was dreaming as her blanket drew back and the dress came up. Looking down however she saw it really moving and she smiled as it got to work. Minutes later she was squealing in ecstasy as it brought her off into one hell of an orgasm. So maybe things weren’t so bad if this kept happening. Occasionally she’d lose it and tug at her chains but the girl had eventually resigned herself to her situation.

So she lived on regardless, doing limited twisting and bending exercises because of the wrist cuffs, shuffling up and down the cell but the girl couldn’t complain. She was the one who’d asked James to put her down here, if ONLY he hadn’t obeyed her last request and toss the keys down the vent. He’d assured Heather they were the only ones and she believed that to be true as he’d promised never to lie to her.

Her current ‘day’ dream continued, hearing quiet footsteps in the corridor and the squeak of a bolt at her cell door, then the lock clicked so she smiled and opened her eyes to see…

A FACE AT THE BARS!

Heather scrambled off the bed, her eyes widening as the door creaked open and James slowly walked in. Stunned she was alive, and looking like the first day he’d seen her last year. That beautiful face back to normal, paler in the candlelight, but currently with a look of utter shock on it. “Hello honey, I’m back,” he said as she gaped.

“JAMES!” she squealed, bursting into tears and he came closer, wrapping the girl in his arms. Thrilled she was all right and he savoured the feelings he’d thought he’d never have again. Their lips meeting for a kiss then he ruffled her hair. They stayed like that for ages before she gently pushed him away and sat down on her bed.

“The keys you put down the vent, you said those were the only ones, how did you get in?” she said at last, a note of what to him sounded like annoyance or accusation in her voice. He looked surprised at her tone, then realised she was naturally struggling to comprehend what was happening.

“Well…at the time they were,” he said, looking a little sheepish. “But I didn’t say I’d made imprints into clay beforehand, then had new ones made. So I didn’t lie, just…bent the truth somewhat,” and she smiled as he carried on. “I had to know one way or another about you. Heather love, I cared so much for you and now I know you’re alive I’ll promise I always will. Besides you are looking rather good today.”

Heather glowed at that, lifting her legs up and showing him she was still manacled as before. “Yeah, it’s been a struggle. But my ghostly friends eventually did their stuff…so it appears I’m cured…or at least in remission or whatever it’s called. No aches or pains anywhere,” she said and looked down at her wrists. “However buddy I’d be a lot better if you took these off please, or at least cut the link,” Heather asked, waving her arms indicating the chain between them, the same for her legs. “Going to the bucket is bloody difficult, especially in this dress. I nearly tipped the damn thing over one day overbalancing.”

He grinned at her and she looked pained at first, then smiled as he said he’d cut them. How he’d get the actual cuffs off her limbs would have to be worked out. Somehow he’d get her next door into the workshop. But how to do it while she was still chained to the wall as he knew the ‘link’ to the castle must not be broken…and that began to worry him. Did Heather realise this yet?

Heather waited nervously as James went to fetch his bolt-cutters, happy that soon she’d be able to get outside and her body tingled with anticipation. He returned, telling her to sit down so he could start with her ankles. “Why? Fancy having a little… once I can open them wide enough?” she chuckled and he went red.

“No, well maybe later once I know you’re OK,” he replied, telling her to be patient. James positioned himself and snipped through the second loop from the manacle itself. The first would need to remain intact for the snaplocks. Another snip and the chain dropped away with a clatter. Heather raised one leg on its own, then the other before standing up. “Nice, now do my wrists so I can give you a great BIG bearhug.”

He did so, letting the link that’d bound her fall away and Heather groaned, as she was able to flex both shoulders’ independently. Swinging her arms for a moment. “C’mer,” she giggled and wrapped herself around, hugging him tight, both of them starting to cry as they held on. After a while of this they dried up, James wiping away her tears before she sat down and held the chain by her collar. “Last one,” she grinned, that fading on seeing him place the boltcutters on the bed well away from where they should be heading.

James looked painfully at her then shook his head. “I’m sorry love. But I cannot do that one, if I cut it love, you’ll probably die and…I’m not prepared to risk that,” he said at last.

Heather McCreadie was stunned into silence. Her mouth flapping open in disbelief. “But…you MUST!” she finally squealed, tugging the chain, staring at him, her eyes wider than he’d ever seen before. The girl getting to her feet and going to the wall. Placing both hands near the bolt and pulling as best she could, begging him to do the last cut then take her home to Braemore. James had to stop her, grabbing the lassie and spinning Heather around, forcing her against the stonework, holding both wrists high above her head and pressing himself against her.

Unfortunately he was not used to dealing with pretty girls in dresses, thinking the restrictive length of her outfit would stop any kicking. Forgetting that Heather’s ankles were free now and she made him pay. A well-placed knee missed his crown jewels by a fraction, bouncing off his thigh but still making James wince. “That’s enough missy, settle down,” he snapped as she tried that again, really struggling and crying but helpless in his grip. She tried a different tack, attempting a head-butt that only just missed and he lost control. Quickly letting go of an arm he slapped Heather’s face as hard as he’d do with errant livestock. The blow stunned her but did the trick.

A flaming imprint of his fingers on her cheek and she stopped struggling, but James was not in the mood to cease. Dragging Heather to the bed and throwing her on, then he mounted her and pinned the girl down, his face inches from hers. “Now stop it, or I’m gonna leave you, understand?” he barked, “Down here, alone, afraid, locked in your collar, the doors and hatch secured and me gone for ever. Do you want that, or shall I try to help you?” he said. The last bit quieter as he could see how terrified she’d become.

Heather’s tearstained face looked up at him but knowing he was right was still devastating for her when she’d thought it’d soon be over. “I’m sorry,” she whispered as he let go, getting off and allowing her to sit up then embrace him. “But you must see… it’s been such a nightmare down here…I didn’t want to continue living. Yes I was alone and afraid, so don’t you DARE taunt me!” her voice getting angry again. However seeing him starting to glare at her she moderated the tone, afraid he’d abandon her after all. “I’m sorry…at one point I really wanted to die and be done with it,” she said but stopped on seeing him stiffen.

His hands gripped hers tight enough to hurt but Heather was amazed when he started to cry instead. “Please love, please never say that, after what I’ve just been through,” he wept and now it was her turn to hold on as he then told the girl something that appalled her.

“Barely a fortnight ago I had to attend two more funerals. My best friends Gary and Martin. Both of them fellow farming mates’ killed in a tractor crash on the Ullapool road a week or so before. Drunk-driving trucker ploughed headfirst into them. I was following with Kelvin and saw the whole thing. We rushed to help but once there saw it was hopeless and we needed proper cutting gear rather than trying ourselves. Running back to ours to phone for the rescue guys we were fifty yards away when the whole lot blew up.” Heather gasped at that, clutching his hands as the guy trembled. Hearing those screams echoing again in his head as people died in agony.

“Imagine how you’d have felt losing Janice and one of the others and seeing it happen?” he continued. “Now I know you’re alive love, then I…I can try to save you when I couldn’t rescue my friends. Will that do? I’m promising you now Heather that I’ll do my best to make life here more comfortable. But you in turn must realise that you simply cannot leave…ever. Remember, according to records you’re officially dead anyway. These ghosts here have given you a wonderful second chance that my Gaz and Marz will never get, OK?”

Both of them were now in tears and he apologised for losing his rag and she nodded, stroking his face, kissing him tenderly as he simmered down. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that.” James man enough to accept what she said, cuddling her body until she’d settled.

Chapter 3.

To change the subject Heather asked about Jenna’s baby, remembering she’d been due. Astonished to find the young Hollie Louise was nearly six months old. Her eyes watered at the fact she’d never be able to have a child herself, also shocked at how long she’d already been incarcerated here and it shook her up, James stroking to calm her again with a kiss for good measure.

“Louise, that’s nice. It was…well is my middle name too,” she said softly. James nodded. “I know, Jen asked me to suggest one and rather than being too corny or obvious, I said Louise instead, they liked it so H-L she became. Think Kelvin and June are aware of my reasoning, and they don’t mind. But what they’d say if they knew I was here talking to the real ‘Lou’ I dread to think.”

They both chuckled at that. James also saying that Jen had finally decided to clear out her wardrobes, purging at Braemore and her place in Aberdeen. “Four bloody great bags of gear going to charity shops or the dump. Do you want any of them before I junk the rest?” She agreed and he said he’d bring the whole lot next weekend for her to rummage through. “I think your ‘naughty nightie’ is in there!” he grinned and Heather blushed SO red. There were some spare blankets at home he’d fetch as well. The guy wasn’t sure how cold it’d get down here. Heather saying so far the temperature seemed to remain constant and was comfortable enough but she’d appreciate extra protection.

However he did warn her that there may be the odd time due to bad weather when he’d have to miss a couple of visits. The last few winters hadn’t been that bad for snowfall but she needed to be prepared. “Well I got through the first six months alright. So we’ll see about that when it comes.” Getting a rub as James knew how hard this was for her.

He announced plans to ‘chain-up’ the corridor thus it would allow Heather to move around her floor. She could use snaplocks on those loose loops of the manacles and get from room to room without breaking the ‘link’. Though having realised what this might mean she paused and asked him to do the whole place instead! “There’s plenty of chain lengths still next door, isn’t there?”

James went into the workshop and looked at the racks, measuring lengths with his eyes. She was right and as he was a member of the Mountain Rescue team now he had a whole box of climbing snaplocks in the jeep. So he came back and told her, seeing Heather’s eyes light up. “It’d mean I could even go… upstairs…beyond the hatch, couldn’t I?” she said, nervously hoping... “Yep. I’ve got no problem with that. Do you good to get some daylight love,” he replied and she rushed forward and gave him a hug.

Over the next two hours he did a great job. Banging spikes into walls and affixing cables to them. Returning to Heather and saying it was all done as she’d asked. There was enough slack for them to overlap so she could clip one ankle to the next length before undoing the first but now she could get to the main door. “But you MUST check before moving on. This is so important honey, I wouldn’t want to lose you now,” he said and she nodded, getting a reassuring kiss. The closest one stretched from the first corridor barrier right into her cell though James warned her each length weighed a lot. “Keep me exercised then,” she grinned, holding the snaplock.

Heather clipped it to her leg and checked it was secure, showing James the little tab was across. Then he came close with the boltcutters and she held the neckchain, allowing him to pause, then snip the loop. “Oh goodness that’s better!” Miss McCreadie exclaimed as the weight dropped off and she could relax, letting the chain go with a clatter as it fell to the floor. “Yep, I’m fine. No dizziness love,” she said having paused to see.

James smiled as he fitted a snaplock to the end, saying as these shouldn’t undo she’d be OK. But put the ankle one on as well when sleeping ‘just in case’ one came off. Heather agreed before giving him a kiss of thanks. Then heading for the door, nervously peering out of the cell before stepping into the corridor. She didn’t bother teasing James by locking him in but paced herself to the staircase, managing not to trip over on the chain, though the drag was considerable as he’d warned.

Arriving at the bottom she looked up, feeling a breeze on her face but didn’t go further despite the next length from above being there ready for her. James came up behind, sliding hands round her waist. “You going on up?” he asked, surprised when Heather said no. “Guess I’m scared, OK?” and that got her a kiss and stroke before they went back to her room and sat on the bed for another cuddle.

“So what do the ghosts do to you now you’re OK?” he asked. Fascinated at her reply about the sexual side, seeing her eyes close and a warm smile at the memories. Opening in amazement when he asked would the ghosts do the same for him? “Hardly likely James, for a start you’re not chained to the wall by any means, no collar or manacles.” He sat there mulling things over. “If I mounted a new one and chain near to yours. Then did my wrists and legs, I wonder?”

He got up and went next door, seeing what was left, then returned carrying a whole lot of stuff that was dumped on the bed. Even asking her permission before knocking the spike in. James felt foolish, as an idea of wearing restraints just to see how Heather felt seemed ridiculous. But he’d issued the challenge and Miss McCreadie was accepting it.

The girl however also said he’d ‘look so sweet all dolled up in a frock’ and that made him splutter as she pointed to her outfit. “No I didn’t mean that as well,” but she said no. “The only way they’ll do it is if you’re wearing the dress and lying down, remember there should be a second in the casket. Go and fetch it and we’ll see.”

The guy went upstairs to the casket and opened it. Dragging out the two grey dresses then finding the last at the bottom. Rolling it up and returning downstairs to see her grinning broadly at him. So the fact Heather was needling him made things worse as she examined it closely. “Yep, I think you’ll fit” She held it open and he took it off her, trying to remember how she did things. Planting one foot into the middle, then the other before lifting the front bit up; surprised at how heavy it was.

“Not bad,” she chuckled as he got the robe to his waist, then reached an arm deep down into the sleeve before she helped James do the other and shrug himself into it. It was a better fit than he thought, snug round the arms as the girl went around the back and started doing the hooks-and-eyes, telling him to breath in a bit as it was hard to do him up. “You’ve put a little timber on, yes?” and James admitted he had. “Too much breakfast at home. Even June’s been on at me,” he chuckled. Heather smiling, “Yeah, toast, it’d make a change from cake and biscuits, even choccy ones,” and they both laughed at that.

“Shame you don’t ‘fill-out’ the bust but really I’m surprised you fit. I’m sure it wasn’t that big before. My ‘spooky friends’ must have known and adjusted it before you unpacked. There you go, all secured, Jemima!” Heather said minutes later as the last was done, and she giggled like a schoolgirl as the lad did his best not to blush. “Gaz and Marz are looking down on me now, pissing themselves rotten,” he exclaimed and they laughed. Heather pleased that he could think about his lost friends like that.

He managed not to slap her as she smiled and sat down, critically examining him as he ran hands over his body. “OK, time for the ‘personal restraints’ I think you once called them,” Heather said reaching for the collar he’d earlier mounted a few feet from her own chain. Though as hers’ was disconnected and Miss McCreadie wore a leg one from the bedframe they wouldn’t get tangled up. She could however see how nervous he was and stopped ribbing him. Unlocking the device and holding it out. James took it from her and slipped it around his neck, closing it with that little snap. Pleased the padding didn’t grip too tightly. Then Heather reached forward and turned the key, the clunk audible to both. “Bloody hell,” he murmured.

Heather took the key out and saw James’ chest rising and falling a little quicker. So she let him settle then took the wrist cuffs and locked those in front before doing his ankles. James shuddering now as he tugged his arms, realising the power she now had over him as she walked to the door and put the keys out of his reach. “Lie down honey, and I’ll tuck you in,” she grinned as he shuffled towards the bed, the ankle manacles trying to trip him up. Heather helped him on the way he’d done that last night and lay back, the girl coming over with the blanket. Covering him to the chest allowing James to rest both wrists on his stomach.

“There, all done Jemima,” she whispered, sitting alongside and reaching for his face, gently stroking him. “Want a blindfold?” she asked and to no surprise he declined. “No, you only had one because you’d asked for it for the journey. If, or when I should say, I return next time I’ll let you do it, OK?” and she nodded. Telling him to close his eyes anyway. “Goodnight sweetheart,” she said, giving him a smooch and he responded with a grin. Then the bed lurched and she left him to his dreams. Grabbing the bag with his T-shirt shorts and shoes that she’d told him to bag up to ‘keep the place tidy’.

She walked to the door, clipping the chain from the corridor before undoing the one from the bed. Always careful to check she was attached somehow. “OK? I’ll let you have an hour or so,” she said, blowing James a kiss before heading out of the entrance, closing the door but not, thankfully to him, slamming it like the first time he’d done it to her. The bolts slid across and then the clunk as Miss McCreadie locked it, the faint rattle of the key symbolising his predicament as he heard her moving things around in the workshop next door.

Chapter 4.

Silence fell and NOW he understood, feeling a surge of something he could not explain rationally, coming into his body from the neck. Flowing to reach all of his limbs and it must be the collar; his ‘link’ to the castle and it really shook him up. Also to huge embarrassment James could feel his cock starting to swell, rubbing against his pants and he looked down, seeing a ‘tent’ forming in the blanket! Oh the shame and he was glad there were inches of metal between him and Heather. Though he didn’t know she was now watching through the bars, the girl smiling as her plan came to fruition.

Now James/Jemima was safely bound to Claggan, taking her place Heather paused as she reached the staircase having silently locked and bolted the doors in the corridor. Changing chain to the next one and so on and she marvelled at the way he’d got the lengths measured. So now after several changes Heather McCreadie stood at the entrance, blinking in the bright light despite it nearly at sunset. Seeing James’ jeep parked by the doorway.

The only thing she’d dared not do was the hatch, but knowing he’d not be able to escape was enough. She came back to the last room before the doorway, still holding his clothes as her eyes got used to daylight again. Heather was exhausted already after climbing the stairs, thinking those exercises done in the cell should have kept her fitter than this.

For the first time in six months Heather stripped off the dress, pleased that it, and her body were in the same condition as the day she’d entered. Well actually, having been ‘cured’ she’d put a bit of weight back on and felt good about it. A quick check then she got dressed into his stuff, though stepping into his shorts needed two chain changes because of the cuffs, thankfully the belt had a few smaller holes to stop it dropping off her slim waist. His sneakers on last, doing the laces around her ankles as these were bigger than her own.

Now she was ready, picking the keys for the jeep out of his pocket. A look outside then she took a deep breath…and unclipped her ankle from the cuff. Stepping through the doorway knowing she was FREE!

Immediately however Heather felt queasy, her heart began pounding as she reached the vehicle, got the door open, jumping into the drivers’ seat. Miss McCreadie hoping it’d settle down as she searched for the ignition. Looking out she wondered how she’d be able to drive anyway having never learned. Her eyesight was dreadful, she’d not focused on anything distance wise for months. She tried to get her vision working by blinking rapidly but it didn’t and her eyes blurred as a voice started to boom in her ears…

‘Heather what have YOU DONE GIRL? YOU CANNOT DO THIS’ it said, echoing through her like being between speakers at a rock concert. She gripped the wheel and began to cry, realising what a mistake she’d made. Leaving James to suffer, when he’d lovingly cared so much for her. She couldn’t betray him over that second set of keys to get revenge. He’d assured her that hers had been the only ones, technically that was correct as the replacements had been made afterwards.

Besides Heather had five loops of metal still locked on her body. No way would she be able to cut them off without causing serious injury, especially the collar. She felt really rocky now, her body starting to ache from lungs and stomach like the bad times and she knew…she HAD to return and chain herself to Claggan before it was too late!

Sobbing Heather left the jeep, slamming the door in frustration and rushed for the entrance before she collapsed. Only just making it before her legs gave way and she tumbled to the hard stone floor, hands scrabbling for the chain end and clipping it to the loop on her collar. The surge of power made her wail, as it seemed to punish her for what she’d done, shocks tearing round her body and getting worse. “I’m so sorry James,” she wept. “Please forgive me!” was her last words before Miss McCreadie passed out.

Meanwhile a ghost or probably more than one was teasing James, he thought as hands ran themselves over him. Certainly the one clamped round his cock, having released it from his pants was causing serious embarrassment. He was rather well endowed, as Heather knew so well, and the ghost made use of it. Really stroking him hard, then beginning to masturbate the guy. He began groaning as it grew in ministration, hoping it’d stop before he blew a load into the dress. But that was a forlorn hope and he began shaking, his eyes blurring then James erupted, spewing a full stream onto the material, some of it dripping onto his legs and the guy knew a serious cleanup would be needed after this.

The power however kept flowing, rushing all over him, making James groan as every fibre of his body seemed to tingle as it increased. Gasping to breathe he saw stars appearing in front of his eyes at the strain before the world began to turn dark and he faded away.

Coming to James immediately knew something was wrong. Opening his eyes…to find hair draped across his face. Blonde hair and he brushed it away, feeling it tumbling either side of his face!

“What the hell,” he murmured, looking down and seeing bulges, where no bulge, let alone two should be as he brought his hands up, touching…BREASTS! And they were parked on HIS chest. Trembling fingers tapping the very sensitive nipples that were rubbing against the dress, feeling tremors rushing through his body as it dawned on him what had somehow happened. He was now a girl!

Another surge of shock ran through him…or was it her as James’ hands moved down below a much slimmer waist, pressing between his legs, praying to find his… But his heart sank at the lack of the bulge there. “Oh my goodness, I’m really…Jemima?” he said, the plaintive squeak not his normal timbre, but not sounding like Heather either. Her soft Highland accent another reason why he’d loved her so much.

Jemima continued her examination and the obvious, reaching under the blanket and hoiking the dress up. Her fingers finding no sign of a penis…only…yeah. She gasped as a digit slowly slid into the new slit, making her tremble as she kept going, exploring a thing she knew what to do with. But NOT how it felt now, realising it must be the ghosts doing this.

James had said ‘I want to feel exactly how you were love,’ and they’d taken that too literally by far. She found… hmmm, that little treat all girls possess and despite the situation Jemima began to play with herself. Rolling it round her finger, wonderful sensations bursting all over. No wonder Heather reacted that way when he’d toyed with hers. Another finger joining the first and before long Jem was starting to tremble. Her nipples getting even more sensitive as the fabric rubbed them.

To her surprise she felt hands grab her wrists, lifting them out from her clit and Jemima squealed in frustration. The dress flowing down and blanket replacing itself. “So close,” she moaned as her ardour cooled. But a moment later she felt more hands…these lifting her arms and holding them to her collar. A faint tinkling came and Jemima tugged, but her wrists had somehow locked themselves to her neck restraint…leaving her helpless as the blanket again drew down and her dress up. Both knees opening themselves as far as the ankles would allow. Spreading Jem wide enough and she flushed at the thought of exposing her midriff to…whom?

She gasped as the fingers returned to her clit, rubbing harder now, then the bed lurched and Jem’s eyes snapped open, to see obviously nothing, but feeling something now resting on her legs as the hands vanished. Then pressing either side of her body like a bloke would do! Another squeal…as something larger touched her outer lips. “Yes, please” she moaned, “do it to me,” and the ghost complied. Jemima trembling as sloooowly the object slid into her wet and waiting pussy. The girl knowing she was about to be deflowered as it reached the hymen. Coming out slightly as Jemima tried to open her legs a little more. Then the weight suddenly increased as it thrust into her.

A hand clamped across her mouth and seconds later Jem screamed into it as she felt a slight tearing before the cock broke through, going much deeper than she thought. No wonder Jenny, the first girl he’d ever screwed had done the same when their teenage fumbling had got out of hand. Now he/she was seeing it first hand and she apologised to her ex. Slowly the ghostly penis withdrew before coming in again once she’d relaxed a little as the pain subsided. It began to go in and out, Jemima reacting to the movement, wanting more, and trying to grip it, the way Heather did with James. So THIS was how she’d felt and Jem grinned into the hand which soon released her face.

Faster it went, really sawing into her body now and Jemima was getting warm with exertion. So dear Heather had been saved by the ghosts then spent her time getting laid! Lucky girl and she too was determined to get some action. Feeling very strange heat building within her. Hands working her nipples through the dress and Jem began groaning louder. “Please,” she gasped as it increased, making the bed rock as she bucked in time to its thrusting jabs, then felt a rushing sensation and her pussy twitched before sparks exploded into her head. Pounding the girl unconscious.

Chapter 5.

James awoke and found Heather sitting alongside him. Her face red with tears. The girl not her normal self though she was wearing the same dress he was in. His hands reached up and rather than stroke her, touched himself in the chest area, but not finding two wonderful breasts, nor any sign of those blonde locks. The restraints were all off and somehow she’d even removed the collar without waking him. His cock too was back and just for a moment he was…well he’d better find out what Heather was so upset about as he swung his legs off the bed to give her more room. Shuffling closer and their hands clasping as the real girl’s sobs slowly dried up.

“I’m sorry James, I’m so sorry I did that to you,” she began and he assumed she’d known that once out of the room the ghosts would take advantage. But she babbled on about the jeep and her eyesight then paused, then he realised Miss McCreadie must have been OUTSIDE! But he also knew the last chain would only have reached the entrance so she’d not been secured to the castle. Had Heather broken faith with him after all that had been said and done? He had to ask but didn’t really want to hear her reply.

“Heather…love. I want you to tell me what you did out there. Be honest,” and he had to think carefully now. He loved her too much to lose her again. “You…you got me to swap…change into the dress, lock me into those restraints…so you could try to escape. Right?” and it took a minute for her to reply. The faintest of nodding before she broke down again. His arms wrapped themselves around her.

He didn’t know what to say as her cries continued unabated. For the first time in his life James was lost for words. This situation was so far out of reality for him yet he could never be angry despite the loss of his mates. Heather had suffered so much this last year and surely he couldn’t add to that. It was miraculous she was alive. Only the ghosts were doing it for her, to keep the girl as their Guardian to stop Claggan Castle from rotting away. She’d been selfish, thinking only about herself rather than him. But under the stress she’d endured he couldn’t blame her, could he?

“I’ll accept any punishment James, from you…or them,” she said having dried up, going on to explain she’d tried to get away and the result. The restart of her pains, knowing straight away that it wouldn’t work and that was why she’d returned. She saw him nodding and her heart leapt, hoping he’d forgiven her as James tenderly kissed her cheek. “Lie down honey, right in the middle, you need a long rest,” he said, getting up, allowing Heather to comply.

Swinging her legs up but careful not to knock the snaplock off her ankle cuff. Then he took action, grabbing the chain for her collar and securing that before undoing her leg. But she gasped as he fitted another to the first then attached her ankle to the frame of the bed, then more as the other was also secured. She began to tremble as he fetched more from the box, placing these on her wrists then tugging those to the head frame, thus spread-eagling her. She remained silent, this was obviously his verdict and she could see his face, not obviously angry, just looking sad as he came back with strips of material.

Heather was gagged then blindfolded before the blanket was laid over her now shuddering body. A kiss on the nose then the bed lurched before the ‘bang’ of her door being slammed, presumably locked too, yes as the keys rattled in the locks. Heather waited a few moments as this was repeated twice more from the corridor. Then the whole room trembled as the big hatch slammed down, but she knew what might come next was worse and her tears flowed on.

Crying into her gag as the vent top screeched then the hollow tinkle tinkle thump as her keys landed on the cushion still there. The last chance she’d have, blown by her own selfishness and the girl tugged helplessly on the cuffs, begging the ghosts to come and save her from her own folly.

James too was crying as he sat in the jeep, having lost his temper again with her again. Cursing his lack of fibre at punishing Heather like this. Yes it would only last an hour till he used the original keys to get back down there, plus James promised to honour that pledge to make her life here as comfortable as possible. Quite how that’d be done he didn’t know, so there was a project to be considered.

He had a drink, then his sandwiches before reaching for the keys and heading back down. Managing not to trip over the hem as he’d forgotten to change out of the dress! That showed how screwed up his own mind was. Silently getting the hatch up then opening the doors. Hearing already her pitiful crying as he came into the cell and saw the blanket moving over the shrouded form.

It stopped as soon as he sat down on the bed. Easing the blanket away and undoing her blindfold and the gag. Of course Heather expected it to be the ghost and she looked shocked at seeing James there. Her face clearing with relief as he reached up and freed both wrists then her legs, the girl sitting up and embracing him before the tears returning as she held tight. She tried to speak but a finger laid across those lips quietened her down.

“I think we’ve both learned a lesson there love,” he said and felt her nodding. The girl saying yes, she’d accepted that only being physically attached to Claggan would keep her alive. “What I felt just in those few minutes in the jeep was enough but I had to know. It’s gonna be hard to cope with, but better than being dead eh?” and he smiled as she continued, now sounding rational again.

“I was wondering if you could put a few more chains around the place. On days’ you come, would you allow me to get to the main hall or even the tower, so I can see that daylight you promised. From what I saw…or rather the fact that I couldn’t see. My eyes are shot-through from not being able to long-focus. If there isn’t enough cable left, at least leave the ones already there so I can sit by the door?” she asked.

“I can do that love, the tower is a better option as you cannot be seen from up there. In fact I’m gonna remove one of the cell doors and put it at the entrance. If that works it means, well on the days’ I’m in the area I can come and free you, but you’ll remain inside the walls. It’ll let you have the run of the place. I’m going to test something now, see if that works. Explaining that as long as the ghosts knew she was somehow locked inside then they’d keep her going.

“When I lock and bolt that door, take off the chain, but let me know straight away if you feel queasy and get it on quickly love. If not, then it hopefully means you’re going to be OK, yes?” Heather nodded. This would be a massive improvement if it did work. James walked out and locked the door, Heather waiting anxiously until he said the three bolts were across. Nervously she asked was it done and he assured her by holding up the key. Miss McCreadie undid the chain then let it go onto the floor.

She’d almost expected to faint but after a moment there was nothing. No surge, no voices booming at her again, no pain either and Heather waited a couple of minutes to be sure then got to her feet and approached the door. Pressing her face into the bars and meeting the lips of James for an awkward kiss. “It works, it bloody works, I’m gonna be alright,” she gushed, breaking down in tears for a moment then rushing back to the bed.

His face fell; thinking it’d gone wrong after all as she hurried to clip the chain back on. He waited till she showed him she was secure before unlocking and entering. Reaching the bed he wrapped Heather into his arms as she wept, the girl smiling at the fact she’d have limited freedom now. Yes James would have to leave her under the hatch except the days he intended visiting, but she now…had hope rather than years of blackness and despair ahead of her.

Heather did wonder if he could leave all the doors open instead, except…then realised he might come back when she was asleep and unsecured. So she ran some options through her head. Perhaps he could just lock the first one in the corridor. Thus allowing her a chance to roam around the four rooms this side of it. She’d wait til next weekend to suggest that, see how it’d work.

Her heart sank at the thought of being still locked-in, but Heather couldn’t complain. She’d assumed herself alone and lost here for all time. Now, just being able to move her arms and legs freely was a start and enough to satisfy her. She smiled at him, then ribbed James at the fact he was STILL wearing the dress as he ran fingers over the fabric. “Suits you…Jemima!” she giggled. The guy blushed and started to strip, only to stop when Heather said he could wear it again if he wanted a repeat of what the ghosts had done to him/her. He hung it up in the corner and carried on changing.

“I’ll think about it. The orgasm I had as her, it sure was…well interesting,” he grinned and she laughed, asking how he’d felt. “Hmmm, losing my cherry second time around. I remember…my first girlfriend, she squealed like, well a stuck pig…but now I understand how she felt as I did the same!” and Heather rocked with mirth. Her own hadn’t been that bad but she was delighted how James appreciated what she’d been through. Maybe he was serious, perhaps he could have his own set up in another room.

That’d keep things interesting for both of them and she’d suggest it later. They had drinks and biscuits. James promising to bring fruit and other foodstuffs next time, now he knew the ghosts would replenish whatever was already here. He looked down at his waist, amazed that somehow not all the timber had returned once his body had changed back from being Jemima. “That’s a hell of a way to diet love,” and Heather squealed with laughter at that.

“James, before you go, I know the ghosts trust you now and they won’t be jealous, would you do the honours…give you some more exercise too,” she began and the lad looked startled as she pointed to the bed. A grin coming onto his face and he nodded, stripping off then helping the girl out of her dress. Easing Heather down and making sure her collar chain didn’t get in the way as he came alongside. Telling her to climb on top as ‘it was about time you did some work missy!’

She smiled and what followed was wonderful for both of them. The second time Heather asked him to snaplock her limbs to the corner posts and he did, adding the blindfold and gag. Sitting astride her torso then touching two lovely breasts, bringing them to attention and, “they’re a lot better than mine were honey,” James grinned seeing her give him a thumbs up…then…

Chapter 6.

When cuffing her to the bed for the session James had noticed the padding on her left wrist was coming apart. The metal rim starting to rub her skin and he assumed if they stayed like that then it’d be hurting her. Asking Heather did she want them replaced the girl looked down and agreed. “Yeah, except you’re gonna have to cut them off with a saw. So please be careful!” she joked and they went next door where she watched him fit pads to a slightly lighter weight set. They looked newer too and he’d checked the locking mechanism first. Telling her that this time he’d not snip the key off. That would mean she’d be able to take them off to ease her wrists and prevent marks.

She thought that a great idea, though Heather did make him promise to keep the keys rather than leave them in her possession. Once those were finished she nervously placed her arm into the jaws of a vice and he began to saw the old one off. It took him fifteen minutes but it finally clattered off and the girl stared at her arm, finally free of the restraint, but after rubbing the mark away and cleaning the limb she asked James to put the new one on straight away. Saying she’d feel more comfortable!

He obliged and she sighed on hearing the new lock click, moving it about as the manacle had a bit of play and didn’t grip her wrist so tight. “That’s much better,” she whispered and got a hug. The second was soon removed and the girl was happy as she ‘examined her new jewellery’ as its replacement was secured.

James asked if she wanted her legs done as well and Heather agreed, bending down to remove the chain, her hand about to do it then she gasped and paused. The lad thinking she’d put her back out as she shot up again so quickly. Face with a look of shock. “Oh God I’m sorry,” she said. Turning and walking out of the workshop and back to her room. He followed a moment later and saw Heather clipping the collar chain on then sit down on the bed, eyes closing. “You OK honey?” he asked and she shook her head.

“No, I nearly undid myself without the next one being done. I almost blew everything!” she said, face worried that he’d punish her again like last time. James nodded and sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as she trembled. “It’s alright honey. I won’t ‘do’ you for that. But it’s gonna be a while for me to finish your new leg ones anyway. Just wait there and maybe have a snooze, OK?” and she nodded, accepting a kiss then he went back to the workshop.

Thirty minutes later he returned to find Heather asleep, lying under her blankets, though she was on one side and looked somewhat out of shape. Easing the covering back James was amazed to see she’d somehow used two snaplocks and secured both wrists behind her back! He sat down alongside and the girl awoke.

“I thought I’d better punish myself,” she murmured as he reached around and undid them, allowing her to relax again. Sitting up and receiving a hug and kiss to calm her nerves. “For a moment I wondered if you were going to tell me to put a new permanent collar with fixed chain on,” he said and she looked at him sadly. “Why? Maybe you’re right… It’ll teach me the lesson. So would you please chop this one off then lock me into the one up there,” she said, pointing to the one he’d used as Jem, but he said no chance. “You’ll have to be careful love but we’ll carry on like this, that’s all I ask, understand?”

Heather had another short weep then James took her next door to get her legs done. Seeing her check the chains and talking to herself beforehand. “Collar to bed, then bed to corridor, that one to my neck, OK we’ve got it right, so lets go,” she’d said and he patted her backside and off they went.

Getting the manacles off her feet was more difficult and Heather had to sit on the bench. “Hitch up the frock and spread your legs love,” he said and she giggled, saying that sounded so corny while she was clad in this type of dress. “It’s why I unpicked the motif on the front. Seemed inappropriate considering what these ghosts do to me. The former owner surely wouldn’t understand.” They both grinned at that and James finished positioning her. It took him an hour of careful sawing but eventually Heather had a complete set of removable cuffs now on her body. Handing him the keys and making him promise not to lose them.

Miss McCreadie was still smiling as they had their final hug and kisses, knowing he’d be back in a week with Jenna’s clothing and the other stuff. “Goodnight my sweetheart, and I still cannot believe I’m saying this to you,” he said, his hands rubbing Heather’s body having helped her back into the dress again.

Once more loving the feel of her in his arms when he’d though her lost. “I’m really gonna be OK now love,” she replied, “and thanks for coming back for me. But if things outside do get bad, you…you’ll know where to find…us. Either as James or Jemima, you’ll be welcome.” Getting a jab in the ribs for that as he looked over at the other frock hanging from the wall hook. Pointing out the motif had somehow vanished from that one as well. Heather hadn’t even noticed and she grinned.

“Well I guess they’ll be waiting for Jem when she returns. Right buddy, you need to be off home,” and said that without a hint of sadness.

James turned and walked away to the door then waved and went through. Turning to lock it then slide the bolts across, thus allowing Heather to undo her chain so she could make her tea. She didn’t say a word when he’d earlier said everything would be secured for the moment and she’d remain in here. Her thinking nine bolts, three keys and a ton of hatch was still overkill, but she dare not push her luck by protesting. “It’s only until next weekend love then it’ll improve. Please stay strong for me, yes?” he’d said and Heather had agreed to do that.

Asking what he meant by improvements, James had told Heather his ideas for the next visit while he’d been doing her new manacles. Unknowingly without her suggesting it he was replicating her ideas, saying he’d get some proper lounge furniture to fit out a room in the next segment for her to use as a ‘sitting’ area. Now he knew the ghosts would ‘recharge’ anything brought for her he’d install a proper portaloo and washroom in the spare cell behind the first passage door along with some fitness and gym kit. A double bed would now fit in here, and as the guestroom suit at Braemore was being refitted he wouldn’t have to buy one, or a wardrobe for Jen’s old clothing.

“For when we’re together as it’s a bit cramped on that one, yes?” and she’d blushed at the idea but readily agreed. “Cannot promise you power and a TV set mind, but I’ll sort you out. From next Sunday once I’ve finished it’ll just be the hatch and the first door that’ll be locked when I’m away. I’ll bang on it hard enough to wake you up and make sure you’re attached. OK?”

That unspoken idea of the extra cells to be her living quarters rather than being locked in just one room was going to work after all and she was delighted, it was better that she’d hoped. “Yes wonderful. Can you read minds then? That’s what I was hoping you’d do or something like that,” she said. James smiled, “Yeah, no chance, even Jemima would struggle doing that. Maybe next time I’ll ask her how it’s done,” and again they’d laughed and kissed.

“Oh by the way before you go James I forgot to say, it looks like the ghosts have decided to punish me after all for what happened earlier,” she called as he looked back into the cell. Heather had opened her food box and pointed to the one empty space, where both of them expected it to have refilled itself by now. The girl looked rueful and it was hard for him not to laugh as she finally grinned wryly…

“…No more bloody chocolate biscuits…”

Chapter 7.

The week passed SO slowly for both of them, particularly for James. Arriving home he had to do an Oscar winning performance trying not to be happy that his girl was alive after all that time. He did wonder quite how he’d be able to keep this a secret too but work on the farm kept him busy.

It also helped that Kelvin was to be working away that week in Glasgow so no questions from the old man once he’d leave Monday morning. June seemed pleased that his moodiness seemed to have lifted and though only weeks after the funerals guessed her lad planned to work even harder to blur his grief.

But James did have some news about Heather to break on the Sunday night. Her last will and testament had been published and his parents now discovered why several phone calls from Kyle, plus solicitors letters had arrived at Braemore over the last few weeks. Also he’d gone away for two days and refused to reveal the reasons why. That had almost led to Kelvin having words with his son, but a look he’d got in return had made him back off. “I’ll explain when and only when I’m ready, OK?” Now a month later he was.

He got the pair sat down, revealing that despite her austere appearance, the fact she’d worked in a shop and so on that the late Miss McCreadie had actually been a rather wealthy lady. She’d invested money from her parents’ estate, and their forbears too, that was where the house had come from. Living off the interest and her wages from Kyle.

Which was why Kelvin’s lad was the beneficiary of a cheque from her estate. They were amazed, June especially, she still couldn’t see why James had become so besotted with the girl. She’d stayed what? five or six days that first visit, then his holiday trip to Ft William at Christmas, then the last painful trip to hold her as she’d died in his arms. Was there more so she nervously asked him.

June saw him turn away slightly with a wistful smile then James told them a lot more. “Heather did return. She came when you two were in Lanzerote and stayed a fortnight. It was her idea, I didn’t know a thing till she traipsed down the path. That cheeky smile of hers, makes me shudder seeing it in my sleep, so for a reason I still don’t understand I was hooked. You’ve seen the visitors here, those three girls who stayed last month. Yes they were…well…fit, but… my Heather had something extra,” he said, reddening. June blushing too as she imagined her lad sizing up the younger female guests for their appearances.

“She had spirit, ‘Para’ spirit I’d call it, learned from her dad. The fact she knew all along that her body would betray her, having been taken ill last year. Yet somehow she WALKED from Ullapool to get here. You guys missed her by an hour or less. It sounds strange but she really believed in that tale of the ghosts up at Claggan. She wanted me to let her sleep there overnight again. See if they would cure her illness if it came back.” He said and June, beginning to see what he meant nodded.

“Yeah, I remember how helpful she was that first time. You two getting grubby while changing the jeep’s wheel. How many girls would be that kind?” James nodded, “Yes mum, that was the start for us. Any girl who wealds a spanner like that and not complain would get my vote.” Kelvin chuckled but let him continue. “On the second visit lassie knew she had big problems. Heather was OK for the first two days alongside me, even working the tractor despite never learning to drive.”

“Then bang, straight out of nowhere, she imploded after lunchtime while out in the farmyard, bloody scary mind.  Heather just stopped the tractor, said she was tiring and could she go in. I had to almost carry her back, then left her where you are mum, wrapped up in blankets and weaker than your average kitten. But it was her eyes that gave it away, no sparkle, dull even and then I knew she might be right.”

The others stared, then he continued, “OK folks, I know it’s daft, so rather than upset Heather, I said yes, now she’d ‘gone bad’ as she’d warned might happen. I drove her up there on my way to doing that load of cutting. She spent two days up there doing, well nothing I guess, had all her gear yet when I went to collect her on the third day she was alright, her aches and pains gone for the first time since she’d collapsed. She couldn’t, or maybe wouldn’t explain what had happened and I didn’t press. It was just a joy to see those eyes gleaming again.” He didn’t mention exactly where she’d slept, or the fact Heather had been chained to the walls. So he was relieved awkward questions were not asked.

Though he did let on while glowing red that yes, she had stayed in his room rather than a guest one once they’d come back to the farm! Now June understood she didn’t mind though she did hesitate and James saw this. “Actually I might as well admit that the first time she slept in my bed was the night you’d left to go see Jen. I didn’t know until next morning!” and his parents grinned in astonishment.

“It was your fault mum as she wasn’t that sort of girl. As you assumed Heather would have departed the heating for Jen’s room wasn’t left on. She only changed her plans that morning because she wasn’t going to Stornoway. That evening, having got cold she slipped out of her bedroom to put it on, but not wanting to disturb Shelley asleep by the power box she came into my room and joined me instead. Gave me a surprise, waking up with her arm draped over my chest I can tell you!” Kelvin chuckled at that, June slapping her husband’s leg as admonishment. “But after she’d spent those two nights in the castle that’s when things really took off.”

The couple still looked astonished at the story. Kelvin doubtful at first, but the way it was coming out it must be true. No way would James lie about something so close to his heart. Seeing the lad fingering the ring on his finger, the one given to him at Christmas. “So because of that I want to keep Claggan safe, that’s where Heather is buried, scattered if you must think of it that way. Lassie said that if ever she passed away she wanted to be there for all time, safe in the countryside. Her urn is about fifty feet out from the south wall and only I know where it is.” James said, now telling his old man he was now planning to go ahead with a re-route of a footpath that ran close to the castle, away to the other side of the peatbeds to keep her memory secure.

“But that’s going to cost a fortune. I know the Heritage guys will fund most of it. That was what they offered after that Scout group got stuck a year ago. But only if we give them ten percent as our ‘cut’. Where the heck are you going to find twenty grand laddie?” he said, slightly annoyed. His boy was getting obsessed and needed a dose of reality. James smiled in response, opening an envelope. “I think that’ll cover it dad,” was the amused reply as the youngster handed over a cheque…for £75,000! Kelvin was stunned, his mouth flapping as he handed it to his wife.

“It’s a quarter of what she had. Her old man remember was an R-S-M in the Forces so his pay wasn’t that bad, plus they’d inherited their estate from Heather’s grandparents anyway. The rest went to her friends, helping them clear the mortgage for the apartment so they’re sorted for life. That’s the reason I went to Ft William last month. To see the girls and check up on them. I’m sorry I brushed you off. They reassured me that was what Heather planned all along.  Kyle said I was the only one who’d believed in her when everyone else had given up…” Kelvin had spoken to Mr Lafferty at the funeral and knew that bit was true but let the boy finish though he could sense James was struggling with the last part of this.

“Heather even held out for me on the day she died, because I had to return here to sort the farm out as Wally was away. When I got back there she smiled…badly but was pleased I’d returned. Then she said some lovely things I’ll never repeat to anyone and that was it. We held each other and…and she faded away an hour later.” This was the first time he’d told their pre-planned tale and felt guilty at using her illness like this to cover the real story.

They understood now and Kelvin handed the cheque back, giving his boy a man-hug. “OK laddie, it’s yours to spend, or save as you want. I know you’ll not waste it. But please get a new jeep, that wreck makes me nervous every time you go out in it!” he said and they all laughed. James said he’d also fund the refurbishment of both the guestrooms and that delighted his mother. The lassie asking him if he’d find the time to dispose of the old furniture, plus other bags of stuff. “Jenna’s got more to dump as well. She’s coming over with Hollie tomorrow. I never knew she had so much!”

So that was sorted happily enough and over the next week the trailer was given a hard workout as he gradually transported stuff to Claggan, bed, wardrobe, and copious bags of clothing. James felt guilty that he didn’t go to see the girl and it still hurt knowing she was locked away downstairs and oblivious to his activities here. But time was short and he’d be here at the weekend. The portaloo was procured from a store and was the last of the outsized loads to be brought.

Chapter 8.

James was so excited as he drove up the track on the Saturday, the jeep’s front seat full of food, drinks and other small items for her. Getting the hatch up took moments and soon he was standing at her door. “Oi, Missy, wakey wakey lazybones, it’s nearly 9am!” he called, seeing the girl curled up under her blankets. Heather’s eyes snapped open and she squealed on seeing him, almost falling out of bed as she tried unwrapping both legs from the dress.

Finally Heather rushed to the door, face pressed against the bars for a tearful kiss then she waited… before remembering the snaplock and returning to the bed to clip it to her leg. “Good girl,” he said jangling the keys. She heard the magical sound of her door being UNLOCKED and there he was.

They met with a thump, hands running over each other’s bodies, his especially going for her torso and she grinned as her breasts were groped. “That’s all you’ve come for, yes?” she chuckled before their lips met for some tongue-tennis. This lasted a while and he wrecked her hair at the same time. “Great, hope you’ve brought another brush and comb with you,” Heather quipped as she let go of him and patted it into some sort of order.

He nodded and told her that all the stuff was upstairs and ready to be brought down. Heather was a little nervous about being beyond the hatch and it took a few cuddles before she clipped and unclipped her way to the door. Blinking in the pale light, pleased it was cloudy so her eyes did not suffer too much. “You’ll be a lot better once we’ve been out a few hours,” he commented, telling her he was staying all day to help her fit out the extra rooms.

She was thrilled at this and went into the one where all her new gear had been brought. “Must have taken you a few trips?” she asked and he nodded. Replying it had been one per day since Wednesday but she understood the apology for not opening the hatch and coming down each time. “It’s OK. Won’t punish you for that!” she grinned and picked
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:19:51 pm by Shelley »

Offline Shelley

Re: Heather in the Highlands by Wingco (Shelley)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 07:22:08 pm »
Hi Folks
The final part and things take a turn for James.

Heather in the Highlands. Pt 4.

Chapter 1.

It had been a long a bitter winter for Heather McCreadie even though she was safely underground. The girl woke after every ‘sleep’ praying this would be the day he’d come to see her. Even a shouted word or two down the vent pipe would be a start but all she’d endured was silence.

Heather sighed and dressed herself, wearing what was still her favorite of Jenna’s outfits now it seemed to be getting warmer again. The black thigh length one, adding the high heels that she had got used to over the years. The ghosts ensuring that little of her stuff wore out once replaced in the wardrobe. Now she slipped next door for a drink and her breakfast. This of sliced bread and…well today it would be honey as she’d had jam yesterday. A look in the other jar and yes, the level was back to the top.

She sat down and not for the first time recently Heather McCreadie began to cry. Tears flowing as she remembered the fine summer days, especially those of last year. When James had brought her up beyond the hatch and she’d discovered the castle hall had been turned into a dining room. A table and two chairs with champagne and a picnic feast. It’d been lovely to sit in fresh air and eat though she did wonder what the occasion had been for.

Trying to be happy on discovering this was her five-year anniversary took a monumental effort. Even James realised he’d made a mistake as her face crumpled. At one point he thought she was going back down, unable to face it but as usual Heather proved her fighting spirit as she finally smiled and sat. “Yeah, but as I said it’s better than the alternative! Get the wine open pet.” Going through with the meal…and what followed downstairs afterwards. Now she’d just be happy to hear his voice as it felt like months rather than weeks since he’d left with her screams ringing in his ears.

That had been traumatic enough for her, as she’d become used to the limited freedom he’d allowed her. With the front access door locked Heather now had the run of the castle during the summer months. He’d even created a studio upstairs in the tower for the girl to sit and do her drawings. But the last two visits had not gone well, and when James hadn’t returned having forced her belowstairs after the second it somehow worried Heather that maybe he’d abandoned her after all!

The first of the two he’d arrived but seemed a little distracted, plus the weather hadn’t helped. Heavy rain and a bit windy and he’d apologised saying he was busy and couldn’t stop long after all. They’d planned a whole day and now it’d been spoiled, James saying that there was a chance of some very bad storms coming through the area in the next few days. “This is nothing love to what they’re forcasting,” explaining that the remains of a bad hurricane were crossing the Atlantic and due to hit the whole of Scotland head on.

While this happened a few times a year, this particular hurricane had caused devastation on the Eastern seaboard of the States and Canada. Many people had died despite warnings and now it was coming this way. “Well Claggan’s probably survived worse,” she quipped. Only for James to scowl at her. “Yeah, but for those of us up top it’s not so easy to deal with.” Which might be a little harsh on Heather but she paused then apologised for being flippant. He gave her a cuddle and did the same, but told her she should spend the next couple of days packing up the tower studio please. The girl dreading the winter to come as it might mean she’d…have to remain under the hatch for up to four months.

She’d agreed to do that, got a hug then started after he’d gone. Emptying the cupboards and carrying the lightest of the chairs and stowing them in the manacle room. But the weather didn’t let up and the wind got so bad she was not able to get the heavier bits down the slippery staircase. So when James returned, this time in a really wound up state they had the first row in years. “Bloody hell love, I did ask for everything to come down, and all the way too. Not the manacle room but in there!” he said pointing to the first of the rooms by the hatch staircase.

Now Heather knew he’d said no such thing and protested. It wasn’t her fault and he hadn’t told her. “Right well come on,” he urged, leaving her behind while he went to the tower letting Heather move the bits downstairs from the manacle room. Unfortunately she tried to do this wearing heels. He found her tottering slowly along the corridor, almost falling over as she changed the snaplocks and James lost his temper. Snapping at her to hurry up and get into sensible footwear.

“What’s the hurry love?” Heather asked having changed into sneakers, also once he’d locked the front door she didn’t need to do the snaplocks. The girl alarmed on finding out that the storm wasn’t decreasing as expected. This would be the first direct hit of a hurricane for over a century. “I’ve got a lot on my plate so don’t need to worry about you as well. There’s even talk they’re gonna start evacuating parts of the Western Isles, Oban and Ft William in the next twenty-four hours. Any low-lying coastal bits are in danger. I’ve got a whole bloody farm to sort out, plus Wally needs help. Now get moving!” he barked, slapping her backside none too gently. That was too much for her and instead of going faster now she was free Heather petulantly began to slow down.

It took him a few trips to realise she was playing up despite his repeated urging, seeing her unpacking boxes rather than shifting the next lot and he took action. Catching her bending down James grabbed hold of Heather’s arms and snaplocked both wrists behind her back. She screamed at him to stop but the lad threw the girl over his shoulder then carried her into the bedroom and dropped Heather on the bed, holding her one-handed as she tried to resist.

Grabbing the chain from the wall with the other he wound it round the frame a few times till only a short length remained then attached it to her collar. Dodging away as she tried to kick him. He smirked telling her to stop struggling then secured her ankles together. Leaving her lying unable to even sit up. “THAT’S for misbehaving! You had enough warnings. If you shut up wailing missy I might free you before I have to leave. Got it?”

That did break through her rage at what he’d done and Heather just lay there sobbing as he walked out of the room. Slamming and bolting that door too. All she heard over the next hour or maybe more was him moving stuff around, up and downstairs until he returned and came in. Seeing her distraught and helpless, her eyes red with tears. She didn’t even flinch when her wrists were freed then her legs. Miss McCreadie waited till he’d put the chain onto her ankle then freed her neck and got up. Ignoring his outstretched arms offering an apologetic hug then walking past him to use the toilet. “OK, suit yourself lassie,” he said shortly. Heather didn’t reply and left him standing there.

Coming back she made a half-hearted attempt to apologise. Stopping when James said this time he’d have to put the hatch down on her. “No,” she replied, her face paling by the second. “I’m honestly sorry for playing up, I just didn’t think. Please don’t…just lock the corridor and the front one instead. What if it floods down here? If only the first door is done then I might be able to break it down or… well…just…don’t leave me down here,” she whispered clutching his arm.

But he wasn’t in the mood and refused. “Sorry but I cannot risk it Heather. The drains are perfectly adequate. Now I need to go.” Then turned and walked out without offering her a kiss. Quickly she followed but he was faster. Passing the passagway door and flinging it shut in her face. She screamed at James not to do it but the echo drowned her voice. The bolts were slid across then a key secured her inside as she continued begging him not to leave.

Instead he passed through the manacle keys and told her to remove her wrist and ankle cuffs. Heather paused and he said if she didn’t hurry up then they’d remain on her limbs. Now the girl complied, unlocking each but instead of passing them one at a time she gathered the four and stuffed them through the bars together then bounced the key off his head as he’d bent down to pick them up!

“You don’t care about me anymore,” she wailed as he came up, eyes blazing with anger. He couldn’t understand why she was doing this. Didn’t she realise the danger he was in? The drive back to Braemore was going to be treacherous enough and he could feel the stronger breeze even down here. “Perhaps I care too much,” he retorted and turned away.

Ignoring her banging both fists on the door as again she pleaded not to be locked downstairs. Calling him a bastard and other rude names as he hurried upward trying not to cry. He couldn’t help it as her voice taunted him so he let the chain run freely instead of through his hands. Cutting off the hysterical last screams as it slammed down on the girl he still loved whatever she did or said.

James cried all the way home, only the fact it was pouring with rain as he did the gate did he manage to disguise this once drying off in the kitchen. June was concerned but he fobbed her off saying one of the gates had slammed on his fingers. Showing her the marks actually caused by punching Claggans’ walls in a rage on the way out. Ordering the castle ghosts to look after his beloved Heather…or else.

Chapter 2.

That was the last time he’d visited and she was convinced it had been her fault after all. She spent so many hours over the next few days just sobbing, praying to the ghosts. Even they seemed to leave her alone and at one point for the first week the boxes didn’t refill themselves and Heather had to start a rationing plan. Candles too burned until she was down to the very last one. That night she went to bed and prayed that whenever he did return that she’d do anything he desired.

Next morning Heather awoke, just the one candle barely alight with an inch to go, flickering in the breeze that seemed very strong considering where she was. But she could see the others had regrown and quickly she lit them, sobbing with thanks as things got brighter. Once dressed she went next door, checking the boxes and her heart surged to see they were full again! Since then she’d prayed every day for James and his family.

Today Heather did the washing up then was about to head into her sitting room when a familiar sound reached her. Moments later she was delighted as the hatch chain began to run, squeaking slightly as it obviously hadn’t been oiled for ages. The girl trembled and reached for the corridor chain, almost forgetting how to clip it on her collar. “It’s been that long dammit,” she growled, her emotions all over the place but trying to put a happy face on as footsteps came slowly downstairs.

Not the usual hurry however and he looked through the bars to see her standing there. “All secured?” he asked and Heather was shocked. Not even a flicker of emotion or recognition and despite this she nodded. He couldn’t still be angry after last time? The door was unlocked and bolts drawn back then he pushed it open. James walked slowly back into her life yet STILL he showed little, carrying a couple of bags of stuff to add to her supplies. He brushed past and went into the kitchen, dumping them on the table, hearing Heather’s heels clicking behind him as she followed.

“James, love…is something wrong?” she asked, shuddering when he froze. The guy turning towards her then he almost seemed to collapse. She rushed forward and caught him, easing the guy over to the bench and got James sitting down. “Ouf…” he said, his breathing a little ragged and Heather’s heart gave a jump…as she’d once been that way herself. Surely he wasn’t…ill?

He looked up into her beautiful face, his own trying not to show the pain, but she knew. Taking his ice-cold hands into her own. “James, is it…that?” she whispered and he nodded as she sat alongside.

“Yeah,” he said, feeling her shaking as it struck home. “I got the results yesterday. Even Kelvin doesn’t know yet, nor does mum. She’s been over with Jen for a fortnight, but coming home tonight, our lassie popped out another rug-rat a week ago.” And that was a surprise, as Heather didn’t know his sister had been pregnant. Normally he kept Miss McCreadie up to date on family stuff and that surely would have been told.

So how long was it since his last distressing visit?

“I’m sorry it’s been so long Heather. In fact I’d better level with you right now, but we’ll do it next door in…your bedroom please,” he said, gripping tight. They went and sat down and the tale emerged.

Heather McCreadie managed not to faint on finding out it was summer…the FOLLOWING year! “It’s been that long?” and he nodded. Yep, eight months actually and its now July. Going on to say that ‘up-top’ they’d just endured the worst weather for decades. “Possibly you honey, were the safest person in Scotland down here. Especially during that October hurricane.” She nodded, clutching his hands and immediately apologised for what she’d said back then.

“Yeah, I must do the same for what I did to you, I kicked myself for days afterwards. Guess the ghosts gave you some grief?” She nodded wryly and their lips met for a long kiss and they both wept as the couple held each other tight.

She was appalled to hear about the damage across the country. Four hundred dead, many thousands injured and property damage running into billions. “We lost the roof off the large barn and another was written off…the small one where I found you,” he said, the girl blushing on remembering that night. He did too but apart from that they were sheltered in the valley and had escaped the worst.

“Poor Wally however has lost everything. Thank goodness I was able to rescue him as his place was exposed out on the hilltop. We’d moved his stock into our spare barn so the animals made it but I had to drag him away at the end, he didn’t want to leave. Just as well I did because the farmhouse…just vanished, only the floor-base remains. He’s staying with us now. Lives in Jen’s room till his insurance pays up. He was supposed to retire years ago leaving the place…to wee Martin, my mate who died in the crash in 2006? Now we’re not sure what’s gonna happen to him.”

Heather sat there fiddling with her dress as the tale continued. “I’m so glad I’d altered the vent system so your air came from the new one inside the castle walls. The pipe outside would surely have been well under the umpteen-foot drifts that have blanketed the high moors. I screwed it shut or you would have had white stuff blowing out of there, coulda made a snowman on yer carpet,” he chuckled wryly knowing Heather loved snowballing. They’d had a session in Ft William with the other girls after their ‘engagement walk’.

“It started days after the hurricane. That’s why I didn’t come back, we were too busy with Wally and rescuing others. Even now there’s still a lot that hasn’t melted. Never seen snow lying here in July for Petes sake.”

She did mention that at one time she’d needed to block the original hole up, the first time it’d seemed painfully cold blowing down despite the top being shut. Needing to wear the old dress over her normal clothing AND use all the spare blankets. James replying,“it hit –28C not ten miles from here, guess it was that night. I really panicked, worrying ‘bout you.” She tried to smile. “Thanks, sorry but I really cursed you that time. But please honey…what’s up with you now then?”

He paused and she trembled as a painfully familiar story emerged. Pains, aches, tiredness coming and going after Christmas. James couldn’t afford time off the farm and dared not say anything to his folks. “Pride go’eth before the fall? Then I did big time out in the yard two months ago. Wally was there and said I just stopped, got out of the jeep and went down like a sack of feed. He thought I’d had a heart attack, think it nearly gave him one too!” he quipped, trying to cheer Heather up though he guessed she knew what was coming.

“So I was carted off to Inverness. Spent a week being prodded and probed in places too uncomfortable to mention in polite company. They found nothing. Bloodwork showed zip according to them. But I wasn’t convinced. So once back at Braemore I spoke to your Dr Chalmers, you remember her love?” Heather nodded. “Yeah Lucy was…is great… and?”

“She drove all the way to see me. You didn’t know she was ex MOD?” and Heather looked amazed. “Well she is, and she tested for various contaminants having remembered me…and came up trumps. Only it’s something that hasn’t been known here…since WW2. That’s why your cancer got missed. Now…it’s my turn. I’ve got the same bloody problem you had…and she’s warned me we’ve gotta keep it secret. If it gets out, then the whole of this part of Scotlands’ in deep trouble,” he said at last.

Heather gasped, surely he couldn’t be serious. “It’s not infectious, but Lucy will have to answer some very awkward questions if or when it worsens. Like how she and I know each other. The fact she knew you. She’s sure MOD would find that out too easily if I went back to hospital, so…it looks like…I’m going to have…to well, leave and go die quietly somewhere instead.”

Miss McCreadie burst into tears, thinking that maybe it’d been Claggan that had poisoned both of them instead of saving her. “But James…you can’t do that!” she said, gripping tight in case he left straight away. The thought he’d lock her down here permanently was too horrible to contemplate. These last eight months had been hard enough. Knowing he’d NEVER return…no chance and she thought for a few minutes before speaking.

Chapter 3.

“Well I’ve got an idea. Daft as it sounds but I need you to think carefully before you refuse,” she said after a long pause. “It’s a multi-part thing,” and she asked the following…

A. Was Lucy aware Heather was still alive, had she asked James what had really happened to her?
B. If not, would she believe James if he told her the truth, bringing Dr Chalmers to see for herself?
C. Would she, to avoid implicating herself again…cover up James own disappearance?
D. If she agreed, was James…prepared to come and live here at Claggan full time?
E. Would Kelvin and June go along with this having discovered Heather was still alive?

“Well you certainly have thought this out. How long?” he asked. Not surprised Heather had wondered right from day1 whether her illness had been caused by what she’d done. “Guess I’ve had time to mull it over honey,” she said and a smile touched his lips. “But it’s too late to worry about it now. I guess if I took this chain off, I’ll be dead within minutes.” she replied, touching the snaplock on her collar and for a moment James thought she’d undo it. “No!” he barked, making her jump as she hadn’t meant to get that close.

He apologised, she said nothing but looked puzzled when James reached into the other bag and pulled out her wrist cuffs. Asking her to put them on and she paused, surely this was hardly the time to start playing games. “Please Heather, just do it,” he sighed unlocking them. She shrugged and applied each one, securing them then returning the keys after repeating this for her ankles.

Maybe I’m going upstairs, she thought, though as James was dressed in a heavy jacket and trousers with boots too she wasn’t sure. He’d said it was summer up there…

Once done he ordered her to wriggle across the bed and allow him to snaplock her down. “James love, surely this can wait…?” Heather said but was unprepared when he took her arms then started pushing the girl down. “Alright… I’ll do it. Just WAIT A MOMENT!” she snapped, for the first time in ages becoming scared of him again.

Heather now shuddered as she lay back. The ‘snip’ of each one binding her to the bed was not pleasant today and she was worried at what was happening. That more so once he’d spread-eagled her, as James then produced material, swiftly hands grabbing her jaw and applying the gag, forcing it deep into her mouth, muffling squeals as Miss McCreadie naturally began begging him not to…

Only as he was about to blindfold the struggling girl did something change in James’ face, the material inches from her terrified eyes before he stopped. “Oh bloody hell, what am I doing?” he whispered hoarsly before undoing her gag. Allowing Heather to breathe properly as he quickly freed the girl’s limbs, having checked her collar chain was still attached, sweeping her up and holding on tightly as she wept. “I’m so sorry honey, please forgive me?” he asked, feeling the lass shuddering less as she began to dry up.

Heather was devastated at what had happened. He’d come within moments of raping her…hadn’t he? Was his mind that screwed up about the diagnosis he was no longer capable of thinking rationally? Either way their relationship might have to change unless he was sincere about never harming her. The fact he was now trembling more than she was…as he slid off the bed onto his knees looking up at her.

“Please love, please forgive me, I’ll never do anything like that again. I promise,” he said, his eyes now filling with tears, like her own and she had to say it. “I will love, I’ll do it, OK?” Heather said, reaching for his hands wrapping hers over them. The two silver rings sparking as they touched and making both jump a little. His head leaned forward and rested on her knees, Heather gently ruffled his short-cropped hair as he finally wiped both red-rimmed eyes,’ kissed her fingers then came up to sit alongside her. Reaching for the keys and unlocking the cuffs. The girl rubbing both wrists as the restraints were put back in the bag then it was thrown into the corridor.

“I’m so scared,” he said at last. “I now know how you felt…and I’m thinking about revealing to June and Kelvin that you’re still around. If they take it well then maybe your ghosts could help me. Not the Jem stuff…but they might save me as I should be. Please help me honey?”

Heather trembled and after a few silent moments she nodded. “OK, make me a drink next door while I speak to them, yes?” His head dropped and he agreed, leaving her alone, though she did ask him to shut the door and bolt it. “No key but just slide them across. Give me a hour will you?” So he complied.

She lay on the bed, eyes closed and ‘spoke’. James next door sitting on the sofa trying to ignore the growing ache in his belly. After what seemed ages he awoke to hear Heather calling for him. Quickly he returned and having checked she was secure opened up. It took one look…see her gentle smile…

“The answer is yes,” she said, bursting into tears and he did the same, coming closer to hold her. That lasted minutes then Heather told him to change into the frock. “All they’re gonna do is examine you first of all. So don’t expect miracles and it might hurt a great deal. Though might be less than what you’ve got already?” and he nodded.

“Yeah, it’s like you in Ft William before you collapsed. Hoping not to bother anyone?” She nodded sadly. “Yeah, us people are so bloody foolish… too human even,” and they chuckled as she helped him out of his clothing, alarmed he’d lost weight. The dress was applied and she put the collar on, saying wrist and ankle cuffs were not needed. “Just lie down and we’ll let them see, yes?”

Heather locked and bolted the door having first blown all bar one of the candles out then stood in the darkened corridor watching. James lying rigidly on the bed, collar starting to glow a greenish tinge. Something she’d never known happen as he groaned in pain. Arms by his side but fingers twitching. He began to gasp as the metal loop grew brighter, almost lighting up the room as he started murmuring.

This lasted a while then the light faded leaving the candle flicking in the corner. She waited till James began to stir then he called out. Telling her it was safe to come in. Heather had the door open and was soon wrapped in his arms, seeing his eyes, not quite bright but much better than before. They had a long kissing session, hands running everywhere before he said it would be OK. “The questions were interesting but I think they’re serious. I might be fine.” Telling her about his ‘chat’. “Ye senior spook, she’s quite a character?” and Heather chuckled. “Yes love, she’s the former owner of your dress!”

“They suggested I have a few days here. Not sure I can afford that but it…well I have no option. I’m gonna leave you here with everything open till next Saturday, the forecast is good now so please get as much sun as you can. Then Sat night I’ll put the hatch down and bring them after lunch on Sunday. You’ve got a clock now so I’ll confirm the time later and you’ll need to wear the old dress so practice doing it up please. It’s about time everyone learned the truth. Does that sound alright honey?”

The fact she broke down and wept, holding his hands was the answer as she nodded. “Yes, if they can save you, Kelvin and June will be puzzled as to how it’s happened. Leave Dr Chalmers out of it for the moment. We’ll do it… purely the ghostly way.” He grinned tiredly but his eyes were brighter now as he unlocked the collar.

Chapter 4.

And that was how it happened. James drove home, waving happily to the sillouetted figure up on the castle roof. Heather seeing her first sunset for eight months now her eyes had adjusted having spent two hours in the great hall just walking about, staring out of the window holes.

June met him at the farm, Kelvin having left to visit clients in Glasgow so the lad held back on the bad news. Seeing photos of the new arrival. Master Kenneth Wallace McAvoy and James smiled. He’d always wanted a boy of his own to call Wallace, named after one of Scotland’s historic figures, so at least Jenna was keeping him happy on that score. He managed to keep silent even when June said he seemed a little quiet and tired. Bluffing mum off saying today would have been Gary’s 30th birthday. He still missed his mates so badly.

Dad returned on the Thursday and he let the old lad settle down with a drink before bringing in his letter from Dr Chalmers. Naturally they were devastated when the dreaded ‘C’ word was mentioned. Worst of all when James admitted this had to be kept secret because of the type. “We cannot risk the authorities poking around here. I’ve got some ideas but I need to speak to the right person. I’ll take you there on Sunday afternoon. Now don’t worry, we’ve caught it early enough to have me fixed, OK?”

Making them promise not to tell Jenna or her husband. June wasn’t sure about this but agreed, seeing James for once looking vulnerable. Suggesting they have a picnic lunch on Sunday before going to see this mysterious individual. He was away for most of Saturday in Ullapool and left Heather above ground until it was almost dark. “Lunchtime tomorrow it’ll all be over and we can relax, be brave till then sweetheart,” he said kissing her. Not knowing Miss McCreadie was more worried about what his folks were going to say on discovering the truth of the last few years.

James drove the jeep down the track, his parents baffled as to what he was playing at. Yes this led to Claggan, and yes, Kelvin knew that even now his lad was still haunted by the memories of Heather. He’d finally need to have strong words with sonny tonight as this had gone too far. They were not supposed to be coming here, but going to see this specialist instead.

Arriving outside the ruin, Kelvin puzzled at seeing a metal door at the entrance. “You put that there?” he asked and James nodded. “Yep, six years ago. But I want you to promise me something before I let you in, OK? That you’ll never say anything about what you’re about to see. Not Jen or Robert, nobody at all, especially the authorities.” And they stared at him for that. Thinking that illness or not James was losing the plot. But they nodded anyway as he paused for breath.

“Six years ago you watched while I scattered my girl’s ashes from the tower, them blowing to the south where that pipe is placed. Yes?” he said pointing to the metal object as they walked towards it. They agreed, remembering that sad sad day. “Well I’m gonna shock you now more than you ever thought would be possible…because Heather McCreadie is still alive and buried right below this vent!”

June managed not to faint but it was a close run thing, Kelvin catching her as she wobbled badly. “Now you look here laddie…” he began furiously, but stopped seeing James raise his hands then unscrewing the vent top and banging three times on it. Before calling. “Heather love, we’re all here this time. You OK there pet?” Waving his parents’ closer…in time for them to faintly hear… “Yes James, I’m here hon…” from an obviously female voice!

“Right, we’re coming down in an hour once I’ve explained, so prepare yourself as I asked.” And she replied that she would do that. “See you soon folks. Byee.”

The elders stared at their son. Dumbstruck might be a good start as they struggled to understand what they’d just heard. “Six years, my goodness James she’s been down there SIX years?” June stammered, only to see her son nod. “Yes, we’ve had to keep this our painful secret all that time. Now you know why I brushed off Helen Macathy last year when she started coming round more than I wanted. No way could I date another girl and…well that’s all you’re gonna get on that subject.”

He did warn his parents that Heather was wearing a metal collar and she would be physically chained to the walls while the doors were open. Kelvin was about to explode now and only June prevented her husband from thumping his son. “You…are gonna pay dearly for this…” he began, only for James to retort that he might be about to answer to a ‘higher being.’ That stunned the old guy into silence. He deflated and shook his head. “Well then, guess you’d better explain inside,” he said as it was starting to rain a little harder now.

James did and it took the full hour as he told the tale, this time right from the time when he discovered her in the barn. Wearing the same style dress on the postcard, saying that she was probably getting into it right now! “She’s never told me properly about the history and the Lady or what happened but I’m sure she does know. The fact the image was pretty close… All I know at the moment is there ARE spirits here, I’ve felt them…and that’s the truth. I guess she might let us know in years to come.” Then more of the tale and now his parents were intrigued.

Going on to add the floor below had been fitted out for her needs and they’d recognise everything that was there. “Even Jen’s unknowingly contributed. After Hollie’s birth she cleared out her wardrobes remember? Well Heather has all that now and I must say she looks pretty good in it.” Though he knew that mentioning Jemima might ruin things so the lass had been prewarned not to talk about that.

They wandered round the castle both parents seeing the various rooms on the upper levels first. All of them with at least one long chain starting at the doorway. Especially up in the tower where Heather spent a lot of her time during those summer ‘freedom months’. The girl had rebuilt the studio last week while she’d been free and alone. Only going under the hatch last night during that short visit to brief the lassie about their arrival time. “I’ll be here,” she’d grinned and got a kiss.

“The sketches on her walls downstairs, she’s done every one,” James said proudly, telling Kelvin how the girl had developed into a very talented artist. Learning from books he’d bought, then after three years of copying pictures started to produce her own. Having the best ones framed by him and hung up around her quarters.  One of Claggan that was in James bedroom had been done by her. He explained that the chain alone for that had stretched a hundred feet into the moors and was the furthest she’d been able to go in all that time.

Nervously June and Kelvin came downstairs. James finally showing them the rooms where it’d all started. “Bloody hell,” his father muttered on seeing the manacles hanging there. He didn’t touch them but James saw what it meant. “Ever do that tying up thing…?” and both parents paused. June starting to blush and the lad knew. “It’s OK mum, we’ve done it. Don’t think Jen ever has, but I knew you had at least once. Saw you trying to rub cord marks off when you were doing the ironing.”

Kelvin was trying not to smile, the fact his boy knew… “I thought we’d got away with that love,” he said, rubbing June’s shoulders and now they did sheepishly grin. “OK then James, I’m slowly coming round to see it. Not happy mind, you should have told us long ago, but we’ve got this far. You better take us…downstairs to see…her.”

Chapter 5.

They stared as the huge hatch was raised and chocked. Torches ablaze they stepped into the world so foreign but to Heather what she knew as home. The girl dressed in the old robe for the first time in ages, standing at the doorway clipping a chain to her ankle. “OK James, I’m securely done love,” she called then watched as the door to the corridor was unlocked.

First through was June, looking her up and down, coming closer then reaching for Heather, the two women tenderly embracing as Kelvin followed. “Oh my dear, I’m so sorry, we had no idea about this,” she began, rubbing the torso, feeling the youngster trembling. Miss McCreadie managing not to cry at seeing someone other than James for the first time in half a decade. She looked exactly as June had remembered, that beautiful face, thankfully no longer pale after the whole of last week spent up in the sunshine. Her body too, as shapely as before despite the unusual dress being worn.

Only the sight of that metal collar locked round Heather’s throat disturbed her. “It’s…it’s what keeps me alive when the door is open,” she said, seeing James’ mother looking at it then another chain attached to the wall. They broke off and the girl invited them ‘into my palace’ as she walked into the kitchen room offering lunch and a drink.

Having been coming here so long now James had done an amazing job on Heather’s quarters. Wood paneling now covered the stonework in each room and all were carpeted throughout. Kelvin was amazed at the workmanship as he examined the corners. “I’m impressed James. Well done laddie. Still hard to believe where we are,” he murmured looking up at the ceiling that had been painted last year, the last part of the fitting out. The rows of candles burning fascinated him as obviously there was no electricity here.

Heather brewed tea on her new gas cooker then made sandwiches. Making sure she turned it off once drinks had been served. Kelvin wondered how she had enough to last… Only for Miss McCreadie to start telling the story from her side, about the ghosts and how everything was replenished once used. June sitting there in rapt attention as the girl confirmed everything she’d heard earlier but from a different slant. It took her a long time, answering the odd question they threw at her but at the end James saw his parents nodding.

But he was dreading the fact he was about to tell them the plan Dr Lucy Chalmers was cooking up to avoid any potential discovery if a forthcoming session underground didn’t work…

That he might have to join Heather here…permenantly!

Already he’d started work on the last rooms beyond the normal barrier door. That too was about to be moved to just before the staircase. Giving the couple another two chambers to utilise for their needs. Her gym kit would take up the whole of one as for the moment it was in her kitchen. Heather found it got in the way sometimes, especially now a rowing machine had joined the exercise bike and a cross-trainer bought three years ago.

She was also now trying to persuade James to buy her a piano. The guy finding out Heather McCreadie had been a rather good player at school. Now she wanted to recreate those times so that and maybe a guitar too would provide her with something else to do. “OK, I’ll have a look round, mind you getting it delivered might be a problem, and you’ll need to be damn fit to help me get it downstairs!”

The other now had a 6ft by 8ft paddling pool in it and was great fun to use when she needed to cool down during the summer time if she’d spent too long outside. With the workshop as well they’d have the run of the floor. But he hadn’t yet summond the courage to tell Kelvin he might be about to become their new Gatekeeper!

They talked for a little while then Heather led June next door to show her the wardrobe, saying this was the first time she’d worn the old frock for ages. James and Kelvin passed them as he took his dad to the workshop. The older woman seeing Jenna’s dresses neatly hanging up. “James said he’d found a good home. Never knew they’d end up at Claggan Castle.” Miss McCreadie smiled, saying said she was going to change.

June watching as she easily did the snaplocks between collar and her legs then got into the off-white dress. “It looks so good on you love. I ought to buy you a few more.” Heather blushing now and said that’d be nice though she was a size smaller as the belt was cinched in, same problem for her shoes as she applied the heels. June looked so fondly at her then admitted this outfit had been Jenna’s ‘going-away dress’ and the fitted military style jacket for it was in her own wardrobe at home. “It was the ‘something borrowed’ part of her special day.”

Miss McCreadie smiled sadly, thinking she’d love to have got married sometime. “Would you bring me some pictures of Jen’s gown please. I’d like to sketch them. As…I’m never liable to marry it’ll be the closest I get.” June agreed and said she’d like to come next week and have a longer talk with her. “Yeah, I’d like that very much, be nice to chat to another woman again. I do…love James but there’s always the other stuff I cannot talk about,” the girl said, then they embraced and had a kiss. “You are so brave about this honey,” June said, feeling her trembling.

James and Kelvin came into the bedroom, the old lad impressed at the workshop though he didn’t intend to remove anything. “It’s secret history son, and staying that way, OK? Yon missy there is it’s Guardian.” He said. Heather smiled and commented that at least she could get there now. “You should have been here the first six months after James left. It was pretty dreadful, though not his fault,” she replied. They looked puzzled then she told more of the tale.

Kelvin and June were appalled to find out how confined Heather had originally been. “Everything was in this one room. Single bed, toilet was a bucket, couple of food boxes of cakes and biscuits, yes there were choccy ones!” she grinned seeing June roll her eyes. “But you must understand James didn’t expect the ghosts to be able to save me…I too thought I’d left it too late. When Janice and Kyle broke me out of the hospice…” The surprised expressions made her stop and stare.

“Guess you don’t know then?” they shook their heads as Heather explained about all the laws they’d broken, the fact the whole funeral had been a set up and so on. “I hope I had a nice send off then?” she asked and the others nodded. “But Janice and the others are NOT aware that I’m still alive. James never said I survived, just that I ‘moved on’ a few days later. Lucy Chalmers fixed my death certificate…and I’m afraid that’s the way it’s going to have to stay. My money I guess bought silence, James hasn’t said much about it…No I don’t want to know… period,” she said seeing he was about to say something.

The parents were silent now and she saw June shaking. “So you really lived in just one?” and Heather nodded. “Yes. After I escaped from Ft William I stayed at your place for five days, then James brought me here,” and shocked looks showed they didn’t know this either. “I’m good at keeping schtum!” James said and everyone grinned as she continued the story.

“Yes. I was dressed in that skirt-suit and boots and it felt really nice,” she said pointing to it in the wardrobe. “The last thing I saw before Claggan was your lovely kitchen, then James blindfolded me…” she began, seeing them start, stunning the elders revealing she’d been tied up to stop her chickening out. James pointed to the cords hanging on a hook. “But I’d asked him to bind me in case I lost my bottle, so please don’t scold him,” she added then told James to demonstrate it again if he wanted to.

Chapter 6.

June and Kelvin sat amazed as he complied, Heather changed the chain to her collar then unlocked her wristcuffs and took them off, placing both arms behind her back in the required ‘X-shape’ and James secured them. Finishing off with the double loop round her torso, adding the bow at the front. His dad peered closely, touching her bindings, asking her to tug. Seeing it was impossible as she wriggled her fingers. “Nice to see you haven’t forgotten your knots laddie,” and the lad grinned. “Yep, your dad taught me very well.” Saying to Heather that it’d been Alfred ‘ the old salt of the sea’ who’d showed the next generations how to do real ropework.

“Wow. Guess you really are into this bondage thing love.” June said, going red admitting that Kelvin occasionally tied her up, though not recently. The youngsters looked and laughed at this. “Hearing about your parents sex lives… amazing!” James said and got slapped by his chuckling father as June slowly turned a scarlet shade. “Well we must have done did it at least twice to get you and Jenna.” Heather squealing with laughter now before asking James to untie her.”OK but keep your mits out of the biscuit box!”

Once free Heather carried on, telling the others about the rest of her bonds, the way she’d asked James to leave her once she’d changed into the old dress. “Chained to the wall by my neck, hands cuffed together, same for my legs. This door was locked and bolted, both the ones in the corridor were too AND the hatch was down. He’d also tossed the as I thought it, only keys down the vent. The collar as you can see is permenant. No way will I let it be cut off, even to replace it with a removable one. These cuffs however are new and, er…more comfortable to wear though I don’t sleep in them anymore.” His parents stared in shock and June really was all a quiver now trying to imagine the full scenario.

Heather brightened the mood seeing June was getting a little distressed, saying he’d only done this after she’d ordered him to comply. “It was the only way we thought the ghosts would help, leaving me at their mercy. But I think the hardest thing was once they’d done so and I realised I was gonna survive. Using the bucket was bloody hard in that dress and I did cry a lot in frustration. But thankfully months later James returned. The guy sneakily got another set of keys cut from clay pressings and suddenly there he was to stop me going crazy,” she said, reaching for the lad’s hands and they had a brief cuddle.

Kelvin asked to see the padded cuffs, Heather handing them across for examination. “Mind you the originals only had one other loop between them, the ankles had a couple but I could shuffle a few inches at a time. Tell you what, James dear, there are the other original sets next door. Bring them in please and you two can see for yourself,” the youngster looked at his girl and she nodded. He agreed and went to the workshop, coming back later with complete sets including collars.

While he was away not much was said as they finished drinks, though Kelvin did notice at one point Heather had her eyes shut for at least two minutes, lips moving silently as if she was communicating with someone. Thankfully June was having a nosy in the wardrobe again so by the time she finished Heather was back to normal, a slightly curious look on her face. This brightening up once her man had returned and laid the restraints out on the bed. 

“Wow,” June said as she held the biggest loop, Kelvin weighing the wrist ones. But the youngsters were amazed when James’ mum asked if she could try them on. Even Kel looked startled, then said they’d got this far. “Might as well see how bad it could be.”

Heather paused then assured them it’d be all right, her ‘friends’ had guessed this might happen and were allowing them to do so. “I won’t ask how you know,” June said but still made her shudder thinking there were things here watching things. Miss McCreadie said that at least one was close all the time keeping her ‘safe’ from harm. “If I accidentally knocked off a snaplock with the doors open I’ll have about thirty seconds before keeling over. That’s why James is so careful asking am I secure when he’s here, OK, are you ready?” June looked at Kelvin who nodded, asking the lad to do him as well.

James opened the collars first, allowing his parents to apply them to each other. Then once those were locked on with keys removed he waited till June’s breathing stabilised before telling both to lie down on the bed and relax. No surprises when his mum gasped as her wrists were manacled together then another for the ankles, dad said nothing but James could see he too was trembling a little. “Right that’s all. You’ll not be chained to the wall, but Heather and I are going upstairs. That’ll mean all the doors and hatch are going to be secured as well.”

For a moment he though June’s resolve would crack but she nodded, very pale now but seemingly determined to see this through. James left the room first and Heather said they’d have an hour like this. “If you do feel anything touch you, please don’t react or scream. Just let them do whatever they want. They’re aware of who you are, and the fact you are scared so understand why. I was petrified on my first time on discovering what was here, so be brave, OK?” Bending over kissing June’s trembling fingers first, giving Kelvin a quick squeeze on his. She laid a blanket over the pair then followed her boyfriend outside.

James quietly locked the door, the bolts didn’t squeak either and before long the two were above the hatch. “Don’t slam it for goodness sake,” she said seeing his hands on the chain, “Your mum is terrified of what she’s allowed us to do. Don’t spoil it for them,” he nodded and eased the links through his fingers until a light ‘bump’ indicated the thing was down.

Heather smiled briefly, taking James’ hand and they had a long kiss. “It’s the first time that hatch has been shut without me down there for six years. My friends are going to…well examine your parents. See how they are,” she said, James replying that she should have warned him first. “I’ve briefed them, and my lot know not to do any harm. Just have faith will you.” Her eyes twinkled and he stared at her. “Meanwhile as they’re so busy…you can ‘have’ me on the wall next door. I know the right keys are in your pocket!” he chuckled and led Heather there, that delightful clicking of her heels as they went in.

He had her locked within minutes though as there wasn’t any material she’d have to remain ungagged. “Discipline young lady. Can you accept a good screwing without squealing?” She chuckled and he set to work. A close run thing and she glowed and succeeded.

Chapter 7.

Meanwhile downstairs June and Kelvin lay there, almost too scared to move an inch in case… But at first nothing happened then… He felt it and managed not to yell. Just one finger on his chin, rubbing the stubble as he’d forgotten to shave this morning. Another joined it, tracing over his forehead then what felt like the palm of a hand rested just above his eyebrows. Like how his mother used to check temperature when he was trying to dodge off school!

His eyes were open but there was nothing as the blanket slowly moved down away from his torso. June felt that and she tried not to gasp as two fingers now gently rested on her head as well. Both breathing rates were increasing, each knowing the other was being ‘checked out’ as Heather said might happen.

More fingers joined the others, unbuttoning shirt and blouse but not a hard grope. Just gentle touches here and there. Kelvin jumped when one hair was pulled off his chest but he settled. His wife used to do that when she was drunk and he remembered those wonderful times so grinned. A finger tapped his nose in admonishment and thankfully he didn’t try and stop it.

Feelings began to flow out of both the collars, June aware that the faintest of glows were now lighting the room and she flushed as her nipples were manipulated, then the rest of her breasts felt all over. This lasted a while, her head like something was reading her mind but when she tried to move her arms to cover her chest there was nothing, something was holding them by her waist.

A wave of panic swept over her and June shuddered, then the hand on her forehead began stroking, its sensitive touch calming her. Kelvin too was having a moment as fingers checked him lower down. Despite turning fifty-five next month it didn’t stop things au naturalle and felt himself hardening!

The collars were now bright green, almost too warm for comfort but then somehow the spirits saw this and cool drafts began to blow across both people. A sigh from June as the temperature dropped, then after another few minutes the light faded as well, hands buttoning their clothes up again before the last fingers left their heads. Both lay there shaking for what seemed ages.

“You OK love?” June whispered to her husband. He replied yes, turning over to face her as she did the same, leaning in for a kiss. Their hands meeting though both jumped when the rings touched with a crackle, just the way they’d seen James and Heather’s do first thing this afternoon. “That was amazing, at first terrifying but I hope we gave them what they wanted. I’ll never say I don’t believe now,” he said and she smiled in the candlelight before falling asleep.

That was how the youngsters found them half an hour later. Holding hands under the blankets and it took the rattle of the door keys to wake them up. Heather came in first, her face concerned but once she saw them smiling she relaxed and gave both a hug and kiss, thanking them for going through with it but they’d talk later. James followed her in and unlocked the restraints, placing everything in a box then taking it back to the workshop. Meanwhile Miss McCreadie was putting her normal wrist and ankle cuffs back on her limbs, asking the elders to go next door please, make some drinks if they wanted but leave her alone in here.

Once they’d left her man returned… “James love, can you snaplock me across the bed and do the rest please. Lock and bolt the door then go into the sitting room for the next half-hour. Do not tell them anything about what you’re about to do to me. I’ll explain afterwards, understand?” she ordered, he stared then a raised eyebrow made him comply. Covering Heather up to the neck, then applying a tight gag and the blindfold before leaving the room and locking it.

Silence fell as he retreated to the others, pulling that door shut as well. A finger to his lips silenced dad just as the old lad was about to ask something. “Thirty minutes of nothing please, she’ll explain later,” he murmured. They too complied, everyone watching those clock hands seemingly dawdle round the face. They all jumped on twenty minutes hearing a squeal from next door followed by loud sobs that gradually faded away. James had to be held back by Kelvin until those hands had passed the half-hour mark. “Thanks for stopping me, but don’t you two dare move a muscle, and stay quiet…please. This is very serious now,” he said to his parents. To emphasise this he secured the door with lock and bolts then headed for the bedroom.

Unlocking the door he saw Heather motionless, not even her fingers twitching in the cuffs. Once he started freeing her Miss McCreadie awoke, face red with tears as her eyes were uncovered and the gag removed…but they were HAPPY tears as she smiled up at him. Exhausted by whatever had happened to her. “It’s OK sweetheart,” she murmured, his heart now surging. “We think you’re gonna be OK!” and now he did start shaking, almost unable to finish doing snaplocks. Heather just managed to apply the chain to her leg before he swept her up for a kiss.

“Let me get sorted first love then I’ll see you next door to explain, OK?” He nodded, gave her a hug then returned to the others. A thumbs-up relaxed the pair as they heard Heather go past to use her toilet. Coming in ten minutes later having washed her face and changed into another dress. A broad smile got them cautiously grinning too.

Chapter 8.

“Right then folks. Good news for you lot, not so much for me, but that’s something that happened six years ago and we cannot change,” she said, the others at first happy, James’ face falling at that last bit. “Don’t worry love, I’m not ‘popping off’ anytime soon… More to the point, nor are you honey,” and she grabbed hold and gave him a hug as he tried to smile again. June shaking enough that Kelvin took hold of her, cradling his wife as she listened to what Heather had to say.

“OK, for a start, you two,” she indicated, pointing to June and Kelvin, “are in disgustingly rude health. My lot cannot find a single fault with either of you and they went pretty deep. They didn’t know your dad’s what, ninety-eight now Kel?” and the guy nodded. “Yep, ninety-nine in January next year. June’s folks are both eighty-six. Must be our country air.” Heather smiled at that then pointed at him.

“Only your cholesterol level lets you down matey as your Doctor apparently keeps nagging? Try to cut out the fried slice in the breakfast honey,” James sniggered at that, mum said the same but his dad insisted on a near daily fry-up before heading to work. She too chuckled now as the guy went a little red faced. “Otherwise no problem, June your HRT medication is fine. They don’t understand it, wasn’t around in the 1800’s but hey let’s not spoil it!”

That to James was the first revelation from Heather about the number of ghosts here or how old they were. Though he knew at least one was female being the former owner of the dress. Assuming Miss McCreadie wasn’t making all this up, but having felt those fingers knew it must be true. Then she turned to him and everyone leaned in.

“James, Dr Chalmers was partly right. You do have…well the big old ‘C’ if you don’t mind me saying it like that. HOWEVER, it IS still treatable. We’ve caught it early enough…unlike when I started getting the pains and tried to bluff it out.” June nearly fainted at that, Kelvin sighed with relief. The lad however waited…

“But, and this is a big but. What you are gonna need to do is spend time here. Not just because I want you, but because you’ll have to. And down here in this room. Not sculling around outside waving at the cloud flying over.” They smiled at that. “At the moment they’re saying possibly one day will suffice or better an overnight. Leave it a month however and we’re talking longer. And that’s just their opinion.” She stopped, seeing his shoulders sag.

“I understand, but we’re really busy at Braemore right now…” He began but Kelvin stopped that right away. “Yes laddie, but I’ll be even busier if you’re dead. What this…these guys or gals, I never really found out,” he barked, “They’re saying they need you here pronto. If not today then at least by next weekend, will that do Heather?” he asked. She looked and reluctantly nodded.

“Yeah,” she sighed, “I’d hope you’d have been sensible and said immediately, but if next by Saturday then OK. It should be enough. But please honey, don’t overdo things…please,” Heather replied. Her eyes sad now, thinking that for once James was being selfish. She ought to bind him now to stop him going, but that’d spook everyone so she agreed to wait.

“The reason by the way for my illness is nothing to do with Claggan, but something that happened here during the war. This place was a mini version of the MOD Chemical Warfare establishment. Not much took place, more of a reserve place but some development of nitrates happened. They ended up being used in fertilisers, becoming the phero-phosphate sheep-dip stuff that was banned from sale ‘bout five years ago?” James nodded.

“Yeah, we used that at Braemore because it was cheaper than what replaced it. Certainly had a stack, came in blue bags if I remember. Handling it was a pain, masks, gloves the whole lot.” Heather nodded sadly, “I know, it’s what ‘got’ me,” she said softly and everyone looked puzzled at this statement. 

“I didn’t know about needing the masks, I tripped over a bag while in a barn alone during that first week helping you. Got a small faceful of dust off the top because it fell open, thought nothing more about it. Just closed it up and cursed myself for foolishness. Washed it off and decided to stay quiet… The pains started a while later but it takes that long if you only get a small dose. Lucy doesn’t know about this, but the phosphates were the same as made here. That’s why she got it mixed up.” James wrapped an arm round her, realising his girl had paid a terrible price for such a simple mistake.

“As to you James, my lot can only speculate from that examination they did yesterday. They think and I’m sorry to say this about Martin and Wally, but there were long-forgotten bags of that stuff parked in their barn. You said to me when you went up there searching for him dust and stuff was blowing all around?”James nodded as that night still made him shudder. Rescuing Wally from his place might have put James’ life in danger more than anyone thought possible.

“Yeah, but I’m not gonna blame him. Wally’s suffered more than enough. Just let it go people please?" Everyone agreed to do that as Heather finished up, still hoping he’d stay tonight. “Well they reckon that’s when you caught a dose. But not enough to cause symptoms right away. But we…or they can still help…if given the chance.”

They broke up after more drinks, June hugging Heather goodbye, promising to bring everyone back on the Saturday. “OK, and remember. No flat out…or they’ll be laying you flat out…permenantly.” That was enough to sober them all and the jeep soon departed with three very quiet farming folks aboard. James turning to see her waving from the tower room as they bounced away along the track. She no doubt wanted to see the sunset again. Nothing was said for the entire journey back to Braemore.

Chapter 9.

The week passed slowly. Both men worked as a team along with Wally and any time he sensed the boy was tiring dispatched him inside. Frustrating for James and he bitched to June about it when she came back from a shopping trip laden with clothing bags. Only to get short shrift on the Thursday night when one complaint too many was uttered around the kitchen table.

“Well love you should have done as your lovely Heather asked! Remember she’s paying a dreadful price, she doesn’t want you to go the same way, neither do we,” she snapped. Telling her son the blunt truth. It upset everyone and a long talk took place, but at the end the parents virtually ordered him to spend the whole of next week at Claggan. “Just in case.”

Kelvin drove the jeep down the track late aftenoon, letting James sit watching as he bounced it left and right. “Now you know why I had it re-routed,” the lad grinned and June smiled, hanging grimly on in the back. Finally Claggan came into view and Kelvin saw his son’s hands tighten on the door handle. As they came closer he could already see her. Standing at the tower window and…oh yes. Using his father’s binoculars to check it was themselves and not intruders. She waved happily then vanished as the old man parked up. By the time they got out he assumed Heather was heading for the door.

He called out to make sure she was secured and Heather acknowledged this. Unlocking the door and pushing it open…to see her waiting. James went first and walked swiftly into her arms, seeing she was dressed impeccably as usual. Wearing a lovely coral coloured dress today along with the shoes. It just seemed so normal…apart from where they were, plus that collar locked round her neck and the padded cuffs on her arms and legs. They kissed long and slowly despite it only having been last week they’d left. June didn’t blush seeing her son’s hands roaming over Heather’s backside then the rest of her.

A polite cough and the youngsters broke off grinning, June coming forward to greet the girl with the normal friendly hug and ‘air’ kiss on each cheek. Kelvin then took his turn and James managed not to say a word as the lassie had her hips stroked by his father!

“OK, no problems here then,” he said to the girl seeing her blushing again, especially when he gently slapped her backside to get Heather moving down the corridor. “Let’s have a wee drink first folks then apparently I’m going out with dad to grab the next lot of peat, while mum here wants a long girlie chat with you missy, she’s brought some pressies too.” Heather’s eyes lighting up though she didn’t have a clue what that meant. Hiding disappointment he’d be away from her for another three hours or more. June said nothing last weekend about forthcoming gifts but after a moment’s thought she remembered the lass had queried her dress and shoe sizes.

The youngsters went first while Kelvin and June unloaded two heavy suitcases that had been put aboard without James knowing they were there. A dress carrier followed though he had noticed this but said nothing. Storing them inside one of the rooms as dad assured his wife that he’d get the lad past there and not let him see them. That was accomplished and they joined the others downstairs.

Drinks were dispatched then James and Kelvin departed. Heather kissing her man as usual before he was gone from view leaving her with June. “Right young lady, they’re gonna be away at least four hours as ordered by myself so it’s you and me,” she said as the girl sat there expectantly. “You can come and help me bring down your presents’ hon. Then…brace yourself because I’m going to t

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Heather in the Highlands by Wingco (Shelley)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 12:40:10 am »
You can view the story here on the plaza:

http://www.boundstories.net/storiesek/heatherinthehighlands.html
Storycodes: Solo-F; outdoors; castle; camping; shackles; dress; stuck; ghost; fondle; M/f; bond; rope; gag; bfold; tease; collar; cell; chain; entomb; rom; sex; climax; cons; X

Please feel free to leave your kind comments & feedback here about this story. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:41:56 am by ElectroPainLover »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk