Author Topic: No love for machines?  (Read 8775 times)

Offline itsasecret

No love for machines?
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:42:43 pm »
Hello plaza, just some random musings.... It seems obvious to me that plaza submissions in general have slowed down over the years, but there's one area in particular that seems to get very little attention: machines! I'm a regular reader of (and occasional writer...) of machine stories, and I have a special love for one's involving washing, waxing, buffing, brushes, processing on industrial equipment, etc.
But, sadly, these kind of stories seem rather rare anymore . So, anyone that likes writing these types of stories, I promise, there are fans out there eagerly waiting! Now just to get back to my own writing...

Offline blarg

Re: No love for machines?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:19:17 am »
I greatly love those kinds of stories too! but my writings tend to be extremely niche and usually heavily involve diapers, garbage and extremely cartoony features. Not to mention I tend to fantasize far more than I write. I'm great at writing detailed ideas, but actually turning them into stories is more difficult

Offline Rubberh

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:14:43 pm »
Machine stories can be tricky as a machine is soulless and unemotional. The story has  to center on the captive's perspective (or of a third person). If you add an AI aspect then the machine can learn how to manipulate and prolong the captive's suffering and/or pleasure.

Offline blarg

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 10:11:55 pm »
Machine stories can be tricky as a machine is soulless and unemotional. The story has  to center on the captive's perspective (or of a third person). If you add an AI aspect then the machine can learn how to manipulate and prolong the captive's suffering and/or pleasure.

I actually love when the machine is soulless and unemotional, I love the objectification of the captive just being treated like any other product to be processed by the machine.

Offline taurired

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 07:16:30 am »
This reminds me of Karen:Shelter https://www.deviantart.com/monsterp63/art/Karen-Shelter-600752849
Karen was preparing for a week of extreme bondage (suit,etc) but it turns it it will a lot longer. Possible 20 years longer.
Thanks to decades-old hardware working as expected.

Offline itsasecret

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 07:10:24 pm »
*bump for the newbies!*

MLoveAuthor

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 05:41:49 pm »
Writing a machine story now — gothic setting 🌹 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk