Author Topic: What Influenced You?  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Rubberh

What Influenced You?
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:12:48 am »
We each have a preference for bondage, rubber, dollification, etc. That's why we are on this site. What was the one thing which solidified your interest? Was it by reading 'The Story of O'; seeing a drawing by Robert Bishop? ; Watching a specific movie, 'adult' or mainstream? Was there a person in your life who was into bondage, etc., and he/she brought it into your relationship?

Offline AmyAmy

• Loosely Tied
Re: What Influenced You?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 02:33:33 pm »
I was introduced to BDSM by an older friend, and took it up with no awareness of any larger culture.

It would be a few years before I came across any art or writing that I would connect to the activities I'd been involved in.

I think the first piece of BDSM culture I came across was the Beauty books by A.N. Roquelaire (Anne Rice).
By that point, I had access to certain popular fetish nights and fetish oriented clubs.
Via that path, I came across the art of Bishop. It was a surprise to me that anything like that had been created.
Later, quite by chance, I came across magazines, like Marquis, innocently sitting next to Heavy Metal in the local bookshop
It was by that path I discovered rubber was a "thing" beyond what I'd seen so far, and I knew instantly that I wanted it.

Offline rbbral

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 05:41:09 pm »
Mine is a well trodden and probably familiar route for many, although longer than most on the Plaza, I think. In the mid '60's the American comics Nutrix blew me away (how they made it to the UK I don't know) I may have been far too young for it all, barely puberty, but the extraordinary drawings of contorted doms and damsels by Jim, Stanton, and Eneg got me hooked.

Then the whole series of Atomage - I met John Sutcliffe later in his shop in Covent Garden I think, a true pioneer, a kind and gentle man hounded by the authorities - then Pussy Cat (anyone remember that one?), Skin Two and, much later, the German magazines "O" and Marquis. Early videos were generally American - House of Milan was the company I think, and then DVD's were in vogue, Gwenmedia being one, and House of Gord.

I've written about this in more detail in "My Life - Now and Then" pretty much as I remember it. And of course there were straight movies and TV shows which had scenes that left an indelible mark on my memory, as with many I'm sure, need I only mention the early Emma Peel?

There was limited access to fetish orientated clubs, not like London for sure, in fact not many at all in the area I settled, and that was later on.

But all good memories...

Offline Rubberh

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:49:57 pm »
I believe that Diana Rigg's Emma Peel inhabited many a young boy's ( and maybe a few girls) sexual fantasies.

As for myself, besides the fantastic Ms Rigg, I was made aware of a particular establishment downtown in my city. There were those who were disturbed at such a place doing business in the sight of decent people. Naturally, I had to go see what it was. It was an 'adult' bookstore. As I looked at the racks of various publications I was drawn to one with a bound woman on the cover. I took a quick glance at all the pictures of nude and bound women. Next to it was a similar magazine with a drawing by an artist who I later learned was Robert Bishop. I bought both and spent a great deal of time looking at them. The Bishop cover one had other artists as well. While I enjoyed viewing the ones of women, I was fastenated at a trio of drawings my an artist called Semaj. There were three pictures of nude and bound young men. The victims were being tormented by man dressed in tight rubber briefs. I realized I had not only a thing for bondage and rubber, but I had discovered my submissive bisexual side. A triple whammy.

Offline MaxRoper

• Hogtied
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 07:16:33 pm »
I've been enthralled with rope bondage as long as I can remember, certainly well before I had any knowledge of sex. I have no idea what set it off but feel it's always been a part of me. A friend coined the term "bondsexual" to describe someone who is more interested in whether there's bondage involved than the sex of a potential partner. That definitely applies to me.

I believe I'm about your age, rbbral so most of your influences apply here. Harmony Productions was an amazing discovery and finding Sarah Foster Tate was a major milestone. Ropes! Socks! And a beautiful woman who seemed to enjoy it!

-Max
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:54:21 pm by MaxRoper »

Offline Arkane

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 03:04:04 pm »
What was the one thing which solidified your interest? Was it by reading 'The Story of O'; seeing a drawing by Robert Bishop? ; Watching a specific movie, 'adult' or mainstream? Was there a person in your life who was into bondage, etc., and he/she brought it into your relationship?

My interest in bondage predates any knowledge about sex... I was just 4 or 5 years old; maybe I've seen something on TV that 'fixated' it, I can't remember but it's quite probable because these fantasies need images to wrap themselves to. Anyway I think these influences are just a catalyst, and not the source of a sexual preference or fetish.

Offline Unajet

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 11:14:16 pm »
I was very young (5th grade at least) when I first saw a black-and-white comic book my older male cousin had, Shanna the She-Devil.  There were a couple of pieces of artwork that I still remember to this day.
http://static.flickr.com/97/249013576_6bd676dd18_o.jpg
After that, I can remember finding the magician's assistant being secured during shows 'very interesting'.  And then 1981 Tarzan movie with Bo Derek and the snake encounter.  The funny part, I really hate snakes.
By high school, I also read the Beauty books and really liked watching Emma Peel too.
I went through at least three boyfriends before I got up the nerve to even suggest bondage. Luckily it all worked out in the end.

Offline Landfill_Racoon

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 05:29:58 am »
why i am here ?..

a long story that i will make it short...
it all began with my ex...  i diddn't tell her that i love to crossdress at first.. from time to time. ( mainely in winter cause i have a huge fetish for nylon down coat) before i meet her  i began a little collection of clothing ( every kind in fact) including some  jacket.

few month later, after we were together, she found my secret life... i wasn't ready to tell and explain her about this so i tell her all the truth.. she gave me 2 choice... her, or my things.. . guess what i choose ? her ! and it where it all began.
i packed everything in some ( about 3...4 ) black garbage bags that i throw out in a public dumpster to keep me from getting thoses back to home.. telling myself that was the best place to do..

a complete week pass  with some up and down between both of us.. she dosen't want to understand, even if ive tryed to explain her how i feel and how it make me horny.. .trying to include her in that kind of game.. but she meet someone else and she's gone with it.. soo... now i have a huge urge but my thing ( which I thought) were already gone.... or being probably destroyed but to my surprise i went back to the dumpster which was pretty full late at night, trying to retrieve '' my '' bags.
i get them back... now my new partner ( 6yrs together)know about everyting .. she tolerate it but won't let me doing while she's here :(

with that little short story, my love for black garbage bags ( also down jacket and coat) keep going ( clean, new ones, dirty ones are too nasty).. enclosing myself inside thoses huges i got or having someone to bound me and bagging me.. waiting what will be happen once bagged inside (donT' worry, i always left some air holes!) and about my down gear.. i hope trying to invite her on that kind of game but it's a long process ! :( maybe one day !...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:38:58 am by Emygarbage »

bradmcleod

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 12:37:16 am »
When I was about 8 I got a Junior Police set that contained a pair of toy handcuffs. I got large paperclip and handcuffed myself to a metal post in the basement. I couldn't pick the lock, so rather than break free I stood there handcuffed to the post for  most of the afternoon, and discovered I liked it. When I finally got my driver's licence. I went to a police supply store and bough a pair of handcuffs Remembering my fun afternoon handcuffed in the basement I went to a tree in our back yard, dropped the key on the ground about five feet away, and handcuffed myself to the tree. I quickly discovered I couldn't reach the key with my foot, and this time I really was stuck handcuffed to the tree. I sat down and waited until my Mom came looking for me for dinner.  She found the key and let me go, all the while telling me I was an idiot and when my Dad got home he would be really pissed, which he was, and told me not to do it again, but I did and am typing with handcuffs and the key is across the street  on the neighbors porch.

Offline Zephyr

• Bound & Gagged
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 04:27:30 am »
I think I started as a teenager or a little on the younger side, capturing cute girls and tying their hand to keep them from getting away. Far too young and timid to do anything more. Then a picture on a 35 mm slide of a naked woman from the neck down ignited a fire. Then on to the magazines like Playboy and PH and story magazines like Variations. When computers first came along a few friends BBS sites that had adult material. And then the open internet. I first found the Helpless site and Sgt Katana's sites (this was in the early to mid 90s) just after Helpless stopped updating, then found the Plaza. Lurked for a long time then finally started sharing a few of my stories.
If the world around you is a dark place, you can fix this and have work to do. Get busy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk