Author Topic: Carbon fiber hogtie  (Read 6517 times)

Arcsylver

Carbon fiber hogtie
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:24:16 am »
I have been trying to research the feasabilty of being fully encased in a shell of carbon fiber in a hogtie position.  Unfortunately I can't find any info on it at all.

The general concept is to be put inside a latex body sack with my legs folded and my arm tucked behind me like in an armbinder also with a breath through gag hood to allow air while being wrapped in the carbor fiber and resin. Then to be encased until it is thick enough to be rigid and left to cure.

Afterward be cut out and apropriate latches/fasteners be added so the the resulting shell is reusable.

Anyone have any experience or advice?

Offline 64Fordman

• Global Moderator
  • Bondage Master
Re: Carbon fiber hogtie
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »
Hi Arcsylver,

I have some experience with carbon fiber from automobile applications and a friend who works in the aerospace industry. Though your goal is not impossible, you would face three major challenges. Time, temperature and toxicity.

Time: The base adhesive requires about 3 hours to cure before the carbon fiber material can be applied. The top coat resin takes 24 hours.

Temperature: Heat must be applied for the carbon fiber to bond with the adhesive, in auto shops they use a hair drier. It’s not a lot of heat but being in a closed space might get uncomfortable.

Toxicity: The compounds used are highly toxic and volatile and must be used in an open and well ventilated area. Being in a closed space would be dangerous, not just for breathing but the effects on eyes, nose, ears and other sensitive areas of the body.

Though carbon fiber looks pretty bad ass when done, my advice would be leave it to sports cars and fighter jets. Find another safer material.

Fordman

Arcsylver

Re: Carbon fiber hogtie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:32:51 am »
Thanks!

That was exactly the sort of info I was searching for and having no luck finding anything useful.  I was afraid that the toxicity would be a problem as well as the curing time etc. 

Looks like the only feasible way to do this would be to use something like fiberglass medical bandages or similar and maybe make an outer layer of Carbon fiber after the fact as a final layer or something after the cast is made and removed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk